Question What do you want to do with your body after you die ?

What do you want your body to become after dying ?

• I want to be buried with a religious ceremony

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I want to be buried without religious ceremony

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I want to be cremated with a religious ceremony

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I want to be cremated without religious ceremony

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I want to give my body to science

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I want to give my body to science, but still have a religious ceremony

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want my body to be eaten by animals (crows, crocodiles, lions...) to reintegrate the cycle of life

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I want my body to be thrown into the sea

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I want to be cryogenized, so that I can be brought back to life when technology allows it

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Not a clue !

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other possibility (please specify)

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I have once been told that what differentiated humans from animals is that humans had some kind of ceremony for its deads. Some are buried, others are cremated, and nowadays some give their body for scientific research or medical use. Zoroastrians (religion from Ancient Persia which subsist in Iran and India) put dead bodies in a tower for them to be eaten by crows, so that they can be "recycled" immediately and reintegrate the cycle of life.

What would you do with your body ?

Planned This Out 10 Years Ago, Still Want To.

If my wife outlives me, she will have me cremated.No service wanted or needed. She will take a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi(my lifelong favorite), and poor my ashes into the bottle, displacing only what's necessary to get me all in, and tighten down the cap.Then, place the bottle in the window that is closest to the TV. If there is nothing good on TV I can enjoy the view out the window. I haven't figured out what will happen if she goes before me, she likes diet Coke though?

Frank

:blush: :eek:kashii:

Frank - :D :D :D

I can't really say I've never thought about it...but I can't really say that I have. I am an organ donor...but I don't know if I would want my WHOLE body to go to science.
A memorial would be nice, though.....that way I could check out who REALLY cared about me :p

Firstly..I'm TOO DAMN YOUNG to think about dying or how to get buried !!! And secondly, when the time comes I'll know what to do!!!

Cremation is the way for me.....no religious ceremony though. I'd just like someone to take my ashes to a nice high place and let them go in the wind.

I chose to be cremated and sprinkled on the land where my (future) house sits. I really don't need a ceremony. @RockLee, you are never too young to think of serious details like this!

I don't know, rather cremation than having fish or worms nibbling on me anyway..

I want to be freeze-dried like Folger's instant coffee. That way if a cure is found for what killed me all they will have to do is pour hot water over me and bring me back.

TakaraNeko said:
Cremation is the way for me.....no religious ceremony though. I'd just like someone to take my ashes to a nice high place and let them go in the wind.

I am suddenly reminded of "The Big Lebowski." :D :D

mikecash said:
I want to be freeze-dried like Folger's instant coffee. That way if a cure is found for what killed me all they will have to do is pour hot water over me and bring me back.

LMAO! Of course, you would have to be filtered as well. :D :D

As for me, I voted "not a clue," but as of now I'm thinking cremation without a religious ceremony.

I chose 'other' as I really don't care. I'd just let my family choose whatever they want - I'd be dead and gone so it won't effect me!

@Glenn - I LOVE that scene in Big Lebowski!!! :D

I just thought that I would share this, because I thought that it was funny. My friend happened to see this poll while I was looking at it, and he said "I want to be soaked in alcohol after I die." :D

Might as well just give my body to science, I definately won't need it anymore. If I can help out in some way when I am dead, I am a happy camper.

I have not though about this much since my brother died but I guess I want to be cremated doesnt matter how and if I havent made it to japan befor I am dead spread my ashes there so on a tour of japan and just throw a little of me out everywhere like chicken feed untill I have covered as much area as I can then put a head stone next to my brothers stating when I was born and when I died and before I die I need to make up a few poems or haikus to put on there and of course some have to be funny so when people come to visit my site they wont be as sad. And as far as my organs hell science can have em its not like I am going to be using them anytime soon! LOL :D

Also somebody said they are too young to think about this sort of thing. Well let me tell ya you are never too young to think about it my brother was only 15 when he died but he did not die of natural causes either but i am just saying you are never too young to think about it. When he died we wished we would have known what he wanted.

I want to be buried.. Guess it's a thingie between me and coffins :blush:
Althouh it doesn't matter if it's with a religious ceremony or not. It's up to my family if they want one or not, if they have the strenght (Still hoping that atleast someone will be effected by my death whenever I die) to sit in a church (or temple or whatever) for about 1 hour hearing someone speak about this and that and cry and all that belongs to funerals. As long as I get my black coffin with a white lily I'm happy :p

:D The Big Lebowski :D .......and i was trying to be serious Glenn :p

Now I'm suffering from movie flash-backs :giggle: :lol:
Arrgh noooo!!!...."Sir, this is a mortuary, not a rental house."

"Yeah, Walter, you're right, there is an unspoken message here. It's ***k you! Leave me the ***k alone!"

"There's just one thing, Dude..."
"What's that?"
"Do you have to use so many cuss words?"
"What the ***k are you talking about?"

"Smokey, this is not Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."

"You want a toe? I can get you a toe. Believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't want to know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon. With nail polish."

:giggle: .....sorry about the topic spin-off there....i couldn't help it :giggle:

cross-platform said:
Might as well just give my body to science, I definately won't need it anymore. If I can help out in some way when I am dead, I am a happy camper.
same same.. not that i'll care once i'm dead and gone, but why shouldnt some other dude get to live just because i wanna set fire to my heart which he needs so bad..

it's an insult really.. "you want this dont you?" "yes.. i need it to live" "yeah well too bad, if i'm gonna die so are you" *sound of organs drenched in gazoline catching fire* *sound of little timmy crying in his hospital bed* *cue sad music*

Come-on Mac....

you know you don't really have a heart!

Frank

:blush:

PS - I'll donate my 4 green balls to you when I go!!

This thread has been viewed 58702 times.

Back