PDA

View Full Version : Outfoxed

Satori
23-08-04, 17:43
I hope I'm putting this in the right place. Have any of you seen this new documentary called Outfoxed?

Outfoxed movie trailer:

http://http.dvlabs.com/carolina/Outfxd2/Trailer_A%28Med%29.mov

* Outfoxed: New Documentary Charges Fox News Tailored Coverage to Back Bush *

We take a look at a new documentary: "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism," that accuses the Fox News Channel of tailoring its coverage to back President Bush. We play excerpts of the documentary and speak with its producer and director, Robert Greenwald as well as Larry Johnson a former CIA agent and former Fox News contributor.

Listen/Watch/Read
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/07/16/1442221

I'm not sure if all countries are able to watch/listen to the Democracy Now discussion. Sorry, if not. But you should be able to watch the movie trailers.

Fox News’ Claim To Be “Fair and Balanced” Is Not Only a Lie,
It’s False Advertising

It’s bad enough that Fox News serves up biased “news” day after day on program after program. But it’s even worse that Fox advertises its news as “fair and balanced” when numerous studies have proven this wrong.

http://www.moveon.org/fox/

http://cdn.moveon.org/data/ShutUp_Final_BbandLo.mov

:souka:

Frank D. White
23-08-04, 21:27
so many people take what they see on TV as the "Gospel"!

Frank

:(

Satori
23-08-04, 21:32
so many people take what they see on TV as the "Gospel"!

Frank

:(

I know what you mean. BTW, I just love your avatars!! :-)

kirei_na_me
23-08-04, 21:33
Alfalfa!!!!! :D

Satori
23-08-04, 21:34
Alfalfa!!!!! :D

Don't you love that?!! It's great!! :-)

thereisnospoon
23-08-04, 23:26
I stopped watching Fox a few months back, mainly because of their blatantly unfair promotion of anything that comes out of Bush's mouth. The documentary makes an interesting point: In a period of a few weeks the % of Republican guests was about 82% and Democrats only about 18% or so.

Whenever anyone disagreed with O'Reilly and his ilk they just shouted them down or cut off their mics etc.

Satori
23-08-04, 23:33
I stopped watching Fox a few months back, mainly because of their blatantly unfair promotion of anything that comes out of Bush's mouth. The documentary makes an interesting point: In a period of a few weeks the % of Republican guests was about 82% and Democrats only about 18% or so.

Whenever anyone disagreed with O'Reilly and his ilk they just shouted them down or cut off their mics etc.

I know what you mean. It certainly isn't "fair and balanced" as they claim. To me, most of the Fox people such as O'Reilly, Hannity, etc. come across as a bunch of angry bullies. Certainly not as journalists, that's for sure! :-)

Glenn
25-08-04, 00:04
LMAO! "We opine; you recline"
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mike in Japan
25-08-04, 09:38
Well in Australia, Rupert's birthplace, we have a saying; "What Rupert wants, Rupert gets"

While Ruperts influence isn't yet as strong in the U.S. as it is in Australia (give him time), if he wants Bush he will probably succeed!

The scary thing is that he is now the biggest media baron in THE WORLD!

Rupert has turned the media into the Major League, and politics into Kid Sport.

Satori
25-08-04, 09:48
Well in Australia, Rupert's birthplace, we have a saying; "What Rupert wants, Rupert gets"

While Ruperts influence isn't yet as strong in the U.S. as it is in Australia (give him time), if he wants Bush he will probably succeed!

The scary thing is that he is now the biggest media baron in THE WORLD!

Rupert has turned the media into the Major League, and politics into Kid Sport.

I know! I completely agree!! In fact, a friend of mine (from Sydney, Australia) and I were discussing that very thing recently. She used to work in the media over there. It really is scary about Murdock. :o :eek: :shock:

[Help, I can't stop at just one of these smilies!! They're addicting!! :worried:]

Mike in Japan
25-08-04, 10:15
I used to work for the *&%$^**&*#@ too.
Probably the worst employer I have ever had.

I used to wake up in a cold sweat, dreading the thought of going to work. Really.

I pity the poor bastards who never escape!

On a lighter note :p :cool: :relief: :-) :bluush:
:blush: :? :wave:

Satori
25-08-04, 10:36
I used to work for the *&%$^**&*#@ too.
Probably the worst employer I have ever had.

I used to wake up in a cold sweat, dreading the thought of going to work. Really.

I pity the poor bastards who never escape!

Yes, I think that's how my friend feels.

On a lighter note :p :cool: :relief: :-) :bluush:
:blush: :? :wave:

:D
:hey: :cool: :wave:

Mike in Japan
25-08-04, 10:41
Ah, comfort in the arms (or strange Japanese dancing thingies) of strangers.
:? :D :( :p

Satori
25-08-04, 10:44
Ah, comfort in the arms (or strange Japanese dancing thingies) of strangers.
:? :D :( :p

Yes! :wave: :cool: :p :bravo: :happy: :balloon: :confetti: :cracker:

Hachiko
25-08-04, 22:38
Rupert Murdoch...teh 3vi|. :auch: :okashii: