Do you hate non-developed countries? - Your opinion

M

Mr. Just-A-Guy

Hi. I?m a portuguese-speaking brazlian living in brazil. I don?t have a wish to move to any country in this world (only to visit some).

First of all I just want to see your opinions.
Recently I was thinking about what people from developed countries would think about them.

It?s true that mass continental immigration makes a terrible image from these countries, but ignoring that what do you think?

Here in Brazil, we have unequal income distribution (like, in 1999 53 milion people were clasified as 'poor'), social problems, etc.
I don?t like my country?s culture, the culture itself is pretty mixed (portuguese, africans, ameridians, and even JAPANESE). Sometimes I get mad about the people too, but there are really amazing places here, like beautiful beaches, places with vast natural resources, etc.
And in big cities like Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte (the last one where I?m from) in some places we can find lots of similiar structures like in developed countries.

I?ve never been in any other country (I only visited USA once), but I think that the situation of them is similar from here. Maybe some in worse situation like Cuba or Colombia?

Last edited:
I think developping countries (there is no such thing as a non-developped country IMO) can be irritating. It's sometimes sad to see how they develop, Brazil for example has something like 95% of the wealth held by the top 1% percent of the population and they also cut the forest by the acres when it could be avoided or done in better ways. China has the same problem, they destroy many things with projects like the biggest dam in the world and the population is very unequal... But hate thhese countries for that? No way, I think it's mainly the developped countries' fault. First with their colonies which exploited these countries and left them in chaos and now they still have some power over these weaker countries. They control the prices of the exported products with stock markets over which the country selling the product has no control. The send their companies there to exploit the cheap labor and take away the ressources that could be used for a healthy native company. The list goes on, even the governments, especially in Latin America, are controlled by superpowers (points to the US) so can we really blame these countries? They have a lot of room for improvement but still I think the developped countries which waste so much are more to blame for ignoring everything that is not in their interest. Moreover I'd say developping are very important for the future because they still have a great potential but both them and us have to make the effort before it's too late and everything is wasted by irresponsible, too fast development.

No, unless they are destroying the environment around them for profit to corporations from the first world without making up for it. Of course, that would be just about every third-world nation... :? :souka: :?

Do you mean hate the countries (government or land itself ?) or the people, or the consequences of actions made by the people and government (eg. environmental destruction, emigration, crime, etc.) ?

Hachiko said:
No, unless they are destroying the environment around them for profit to corporations from the first world without making up for it. Of course, that would be just about every third-world nation... :? :souka: :?
That's true for the US as well who is now drilling for oil in nature preservates and the likes :eek:kashii:

Maciamo said:
Do you mean hate the countries (government or land itself ?) or the people, or the consequences of actions made by the people and government (eg. environmental destruction, emigration, crime, etc.) ?

The second option, of course.

I don't hate those countries...but I hate the state the ppl have to live in !!! The Rich have all, the poor have nothing...

"Hate" is a very strong word for me...So, to answer the question: No, I don't 'hate' non-developed countries, I don't want to live in them permanently either.
About governments in some non-developed countries, I'd say that some governments in non-developed countries are not my taste, as some are corrupt (I am mostly thinking of some African governments). However, I would not use the word "hate", but more "not supporter of" in the context of governments.

"america is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilisation in between" O.Wilde

Think of 'developed' as a sentence rather than a good label.

Hmmm... The term often changes through time, are you talking about

Third World -> Developing -> Under developed -> Non developed ?

It should be noted that the questions, what is the definition of 'develop'? Remember, for all we know, there's a plan for world domination and that when a particular area got dominated, it get the stamp 'developed', and to those that haven't been dominated... well, you get the idea.

we certainly knew that China was already conquered, at least for its big cities (Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, and so on). While Guilin I seen to be very safe from domination, the local guide mentioned that the area is where its economy is the last in line of all the other areas, that's why I know it was relatively safe from 'them'.

Personally, from the way I looked it, the better its "Public Transportation" is, the more likely that it was already dominated. In short, every cities in the world that have a subway/metro/etc, chances it already on its way to domination.

Strangely, there's one metropolis/megalopolis in the world that seems to have no subway at all, it somehow has an antibody of its that resist the development of subway, could it be that the world will find its saviour there?

Anyway. If you lived in an area that is classified as 'under developed country', just be thankful, that label means that 'your ass isn't mine... yet.'

And if the mass media and non profit organizations said that one area is pretty bad (crimes, poverty, social unrest, and so on), it just mean that, 'until we get that one, we will kept saying that is bad.'

As for governments of under developed countries.

Well... Governments (both developing and under developed) around the world are owned by the same group of people.

Why do you think that there are elections around the world in 2004? The people in charge want to change the managers/Presidents/Prime Ministers/etc (though actors are)!

So if you see one government attacking another government, either verbally, sanctions, military actions, and so on.

That's only a play. Just sit back and watch the play if you like.

If you see one government doing mean things to its people and so on. That's only play to enrage you, just be quiet and enjoyed the play or just stay away from it, since if you participated, you will be the one who were played.

As for Mr. Just-A-Guy's comment.

Well... You should travel more, I find that the most uplifting experience one could get in becoming more patriotic and loving your own country is to travel around the world.

I recently just arrived back from China, and now I know on why my ancestors moved from China. Not that there's anything wrong in living in China (just now it would become more harder to live there), but now I know that the place I currently live is the best, but then again, that's just me.

The effect is much more stronger on my father though, who has seen the world a lot ever since he was a child.

Anyway. Since you live in South America, maybe you should try places like Argentina and so on. From what my father said, Argentina seems to have a very good place to get beef steaks, which is quite nice if you're a meat eater.

As for unequal income distribution.

That's life, some get more, other get less. There's no such thing as everyone get equal share.

Of course, statistics are always created and manipulated by ones who wanted to propagandize their ways, so disregard every statistics.

digicross said:
for all we know, there's a plan for world domination
I don't know, could you enlighten me? Who are these "them" that you ever so often talk about?

Not that there's anything wrong in living in China (just now it would become more harder to live there)
Strange. The Chinese I know tell me the exact contrary. In many parts of China it's getting better.

After reading through this thread, I couldnt get the image of about 30 monkey 'authors' typing on 30 type-writers, in an attempt at creating something decent.

Think about it.

sgt. Pepper said:
Why would i hate non-developed countries?
oh, come on. we're swedes, we hate them because they're not worth as much as we are and they smell bad!...

Oh I definitely do. Who do they think they are being undeveloped? Why don't they obtain some money? Some nerve they have..

King of Tokyo said:
Why don't they obtain some money?
yeah, sounds pretty suspicious to me!..

You know they must be up to something else with that time they obviously don't spend gathering riches!

caniving bastards.

btw. on a slightly serious note, In Sweden we call them U-countries.
It used to stand for "Under-developed countries" (well, the swedish translation of that... "underutvecklat land") but then in the early nineties when that politically correct wave swept across the world they decided to go "nono.. that's not what it is.. what we meant was uhm... uhm.... 'developing countries'!" which in swedish is "utvecklings land" so we can still call it U-country (U-land) but it doesn't stand for the same thing anymore...

anyone for a bowl of ridiculous?

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 48098 times.

Back