Philosophy Philosophical Question Number 6

smoke

Read It And Weep
Reaction score
This one is a little wacky and maybe a little more jovial than the others (sort of!). I wanted a slightly more light-hearted question to float around the forum.

"You, and you alone know that the planet will cease to exist in 48 hours. (In a quick and painless way). What would you do with your last two days of existence?"

Peace,

I would go get knee-walking, gutter-crawling, face-down-on-the-sidewalk drunk and stay that way until the comet/meteor/whatever hits us square in the bass fiddle! How badly will it hurt me if we only have two days left?

Beati hispani, qvibvs vivere bibere est

Last edited:
smoke said:
This one is a little wacky and maybe a little more jovial than the others (sort of!). I wanted a slightly more light-hearted question to float around the forum.

"You, and you alone know that the planet will cease to exist in 48 hours. (In a quick and painless way). What would you do with your last two days of existence?"

Peace,
This is your idea of light-heartedness ?
My, o, my ! Isn't it a blasting carnival before Friday !
Well, I'd attend a 1.5-nighter party with some wild dance of death. Have continuos drinks of espressor and beer to wash it down, and write my nastiest post on the forum ever, have my favorite meal all vegetable, and enjoy the poop house for one last time.
If it's a big meteor coming towards us or a huge bomb, i'd pick a place where I can have the last grand view of it happening WITH WAGNER ON, in the midst of which I can evaporate and become plasma ! I don't care if I materialize on the other end.

Edit: I missed the "only you" part. I'd sell the story to CNN, and let you guys in on it thruogh posts, PM, email, and MSN...

lexico said:
This is your idea of light-heartedness ?
i did say sort of!
besides, i'd want my last 48 hours of existence to be light hearted.
and at the last minute...i'd kick back with a cigarette, after trying to write a book that no one would read...but at least i'd be able to say that i had written a novel in my life.
not that it would matter.

Eat fugu, lots of fugu! (and several other dangerous forms of sushi)
Run my credit cards up to their limits.
Do lots of sappy romantic things with my wife. (But try to meet Halle Berry all the same.)
Moon the President of the United States.

I would want to go out getting it on...hmmm...but I would also want to be with my children. I can't do those at the same time.

First I would find a really hot guy and have wonderful hot sex with him. :blush: No, just kidding. I would try every food I could get my hands on. :p

kirei_na_me said:
I would want to go out getting it on...hmmm...but I would also want to be with my children. I can't do those at the same time.
now that's a predicament!!!

you guys are so filthy!!! how wonderful!
i'm glad i'm not the only one who would like to go with more than a raised eyebrow!!!! :relief:
just need to find a little room between writing the book and lighting up the cigarette!
oh hell....it can be a short book!!!
"Once upon a time...some crazy stuff happened...The End."
Booker Prize, here I come!!!

sabro said:
Run my credit cards up to their limits.
unfortunately...i didn't wait for the end of the world before doing that one!!!!

well.. it says it's all quick and painless... so we'll probably just be wiped out in a matter of seconds, no warning beforehand (like a giant meteor coming our way, warning everyone else 2 years before it hit :p).

So whatever I'd think of doing before the end, the last hour or two would be my time to shock.

I'd have public sex somewhere very prude where it would most certainly lead to prison, and I would do it very blatantly.

Like hanging on to Nelson's column in London, or in some death defying way hanging off a building doing it..

Or (and this is my favourite) somewhere where I can shock some die hard christians. and if one old lady came to hit me with her umbrella, I'd chase her around waving a special part of my anatomy at her.

the point is this: I wouldn't do stuff that I have "been wanting to do" just so I could check it off on a list.. what does it matter anyway?.. we do those things either for the memory or for other people to remember us.. we're all gonna be wiped out of existance anyway, so what I'd do would be cheap thrills.. anything to make me laugh as hard as possible *for the moment*.

Think about it... you can do anything without fear of repercussions.
Wanna know what it's like to kill someone? what's the big deal, he'd be dead in a few hours anyway, along with the memory of everything in the world. And it's not like you're gonna get caught.. Personally I don't want to know what it's like to kill someone, and I've never felt I wanted to, frankly I'm too scared.. but some people are wondering about that. This would be your chance to know.

but yeah.. I'd do some highly illegal and highly immoral stuff.. whatever happened to entertain me.

I would get so toxicated that it wouldn't matter anymore and wrap myself up with very loud music.

Wow - 48 Hours Non-stop Of Forum Time!!

I'd put my cat on one knee & wife on the other and talk for 48 hours to my Forum friends. Might as well spend the last moments with those most important in my life!!

Frank

:blush:

I'd leave the planet. Some people say I haven't been on it for several years now, so it won't take much to completely go. But firstly post a few goodbyes, get totally wankered and just cause gereral mayhem. :wave:

Frank D. White said:
I'd put my cat on one knee & wife on the other and talk for 48 hours to my Forum friends. Might as well spend the last moments with those most important in my life!!

Frank

:blush:

:( so beautiful.

Listen up you people. this is what years of wisdom and soulsearching sounds like...

I'd still go with my crazy immoral antics thing, but I'd think "man.. it really should've been Frank that was told about this... he would've spent his time so much better".

TwistedMacI'd still go with my crazy immoral antics thing, but I'd think "man.. it really should've been Frank that was told about this... he would've spent his time so much better".
TwistedMac, you never cease to amaze me.
A man who thinks of a fellow being in the face of death ! :haihai:

I'd fly to Tokyo, party for a day with my friends there, and then party for the last day with my family. In the last few hours I'd find the tallest building I could and jump of it-that would be an awesome feeling, better than skydiving because no parachute! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHSPLAT :nuts:

Index said:
I'd find the tallest building I could and jump of it-that would be an awesome feeling, better than skydiving because no parachute! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHSPLAT :nuts:
I believe you meant to say 'asphalt' only after which should come 'splat !' The fascinating combination of black and red, and the oxygen overdose is going to get you real high, with your heart pumping a fountain of colour ...

As an aside, I always thought that jumping off a tall building would be the worst way to commit suicide, as you'd have all that time to wonder whether you'd made the right decision....too bad if you changed you mind!

Lexico what happened to your old avatar? I thought it was so apt....

Quite interesting point you have there about changing one's mind.
Descartes could have equally said, "I doubt, therefore I am."
For the last 5 seconds, you will have the unique experience of doubting and reminiscing your whole life in such intensity, and things you never had thought was important flashing before your eyes in light speed in and such clarity...absolewte reasoning...therefore I am...rush to asphalt..spalt ! :)

Edit: As to your question; It's just one of those phases that I'm going thru. Thank you for noticing. I started feeling guilty for assuming to know everything when I actually don't. Den4's crazy ideas have been getting to me lately....and hence began to think that the laughing artist Wu Wen Chun was a rather arrogant display of my ignorance...I decided to hide into my shell for a while in quite meditation. Don't worry. I'm not about to go out and kill myself. Just a little sad for no obvious reason. :( I know she didn't, but my mother wanted to abandon me for asking too many questions. :D

I'd rob every single store I saw.. just for fun... And wear really awesome cosplay-clothes and walk around as if I was some superhero. (Am I talking about doing Cosplay just before I die!? I'm sad... :lol: )
SO ANYWAYS; that's want I'd do.
And I'd eat lots and lots of icecream and chocolate and at the same time try to flirt with any guy I saw, and I'd go to some themepark and go rollercoasting, and I'd dress up like Hello Kitty and do some wierd dance in a public place. And I'd let the animals out at the zoo, but not the lions... And I'd break my TV and my computer and lots of other things, cause it's fun trashing things! After that.. I'd beat up my enemies and have some good catfights with *****? (mentioning no names) And then I'd get some paint and paint random things in bright colors. I'd paint the old ladies standing waiting for the bus to come.
AND I'd kill my teacher because she forced me to dance.
---
---
Wow. Sounds like fun... so... when's the planet gonna cease to exist...? :lol:

This thread has been viewed 13772 times.

Back