BBC Special : Vietnam War

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
The BBC has just released a special in depth report on the Vietnam War. It's a good review for those who already knew the details, and a good summary for the others.

I now remember the Rambo movies and think it sounded so much last US propaganda. It was very much like "Let's kill the evil Vietcong who torture the poor American soldiers and organise heroin trafficking". I was only a child at the time, but Rambo was considered as a kind of fictional 'hero' by children (even in Europe) at the time. It was so absurd when recalling it with some hindsight.

American War - Genocide

I saw a report about the country, not the war, on German television yesterday. But it mentioned the war. It mentioned the number of the US soldiers killed, the 1 million north vietnamese soldiers (men and women) who were killed, but it did not mention any number of the murdered civilians. Why not?? Up to four million innocent people, women and children - not even mentioned! Embarrassing!

By the way: I cannot recall ANY report on German TV mentioning the numbers of these victims! Is that different in other countries?

Rambo is a fascistic movie, celebrating inhumanity. Disgusting. Nevertheless, it is still replayed on German television.

It certainly was absurd. But, unfortunately, there are many Americans who believe in the godliness of their warlike enterprises and that all enemies must, by definition, be monstrous child killing, wife raping drug dealers etc. The truth is that many atrocities were committed during the Viet Nam War, and not all by the Vietnamese, not by a long stroke. My Lai was the most publicised but not the only one.

It certainly was absurd. But, unfortunately, there are many Americans who believe in the godliness of their warlike enterprises and that all enemies must, by definition, be monstrous child killing, wife raping drug dealers etc. The truth is that many atrocities were committed during the Viet Nam War, and not all by the Vietnamese, not by a long stroke. My Lai was the most publicised but not the only one.
It is pretty common to all young people in all countries, not just Americans. Hollywood made this movie for Americans, Hollywood is American, so here we go.

This thread has been viewed 11674 times.

Back