PDA

View Full Version : Favorite European Vacation Spot

Duo
31-05-05, 20:35
So what's your favorite place in Europe to go in vacation ?

The hot southern sea side or perhaps the northern central snowy mountain ranges? Or maybe the low countries, Belgium and Netherlands? and dairy heaven pastural Denmark? Or maybe a bit up more in the ice cold rivers of Sweden, Norway and Finland.

well you tell me

Anchyyy
31-05-05, 20:50
I like to go to Croatia.... I mean there is a lot of sea and other things. A lot of beautiful cities to visit and I really had a lot of fun when I was there. :-)
But the only bad thing is, that the beaches and cities are dirty.
I was on one beach in Sibenik and it was very dirty. There were garbage all over the place... :(

Lacan
31-05-05, 21:21
I would say Ireland, I just love the nature and the people

Duo
31-05-05, 21:54
I like to go to Croatia.... I mean there is a lot of sea and other things. A lot of beautiful cities to visit and I really had a lot of fun when I was there. :-)
But the only bad thing is, that the beaches and cities are dirty.
I was on one beach in Sibenik and it was very dirty. There were garbage all over the place... :(

yeahh,,,, that's a bit of problem in many balkan beaches, heheh :blush:

Anchyyy
31-05-05, 22:54
Yes..but turists still love to go there :-)

misa.j
31-05-05, 23:08
There are so many places I would like to go in Europe.
I've never been there, so any places are mysterious and fascinating to me.
Spain has been very atractive to me recently, and also I would like to see the building that has no straight line in Malta Island.

Duo
31-05-05, 23:25
Yes..but turists still love to go there :-)

Especially slovenes who have but 40km or so of beach and can go rub the superior cash flow into the the resentful croat facial expressions ;)

Anchyyy
01-06-05, 15:58
Especially slovenes who have but 40km or so of beach and can go rub the superior cash flow into the the resentful croat facial expressions ;)

You got the point baby!!!! :p :p :-)

Duo
02-06-05, 01:25
yeah is cool ;)

I think that the mediterranean is the best vacation place ever, not just in Europe. And Crotia has a huge chunk of it, more then they deserve i feel :okashii:
I mean Bosnia has like but 1 km of coast then ur bak in Croatia again :D
that's just crazy stuff, but oh well........ maybe you wealthy slovenes should try to come down to Albania more often, we got the adriatic and Ionian see, hoaaa, 2 instead of just one, and i bet we can be more amicable hosts ;)

Miss_apollo7
02-06-05, 11:06
My favourrite spots so far are:

LONDON
BERLIN
ROME

(yes, I am a city-person and not a beach-person) :blush:

My best friend is going to Croatia and I have seen the pictures from the place she will be staying for a week....I wouldn't mind a "beach-vacation" one day....When I go to the beach to get tanned, to swin and play frisbee with friends, I always go to the one close to where I live (about 10 mins by foot)...

Anchyyy
02-06-05, 11:57
maybe you wealthy slovenes should try to come down to Albania more often, we got the adriatic and Ionian see, hoaaa, 2 instead of just one, and i bet we can be more amicable hosts ;)

Lol! I think most of slovenes don't want to go to Albania. Sad but true. But I like to try to go everywhere I can. I love to travel and to have fun.

Duo
02-06-05, 14:51
Lol! I think most of slovenes don't want to go to Albania. Sad but true. But I like to try to go everywhere I can. I love to travel and to have fun.

Yeah oh well, i think most slovenes don't know much about Albania, plus using Siptar as derrogatory term doesn't help things, well hopefully this summer my slovene friend is comin whilst i go on vacation there so he can spread the word ;)

Duo
02-06-05, 14:52
My favourrite spots so far are:

LONDON
BERLIN
ROME

(yes, I am a city-person and not a beach-person) :blush:

My best friend is going to Croatia and I have seen the pictures from the place she will be staying for a week....I wouldn't mind a "beach-vacation" one day....When I go to the beach to get tanned, to swin and play frisbee with friends, I always go to the one close to where I live (about 10 mins by foot)...

Uffff, u said the magic word, Rome, great city....

Isn't it cold at that beach where you go? I know here in Belgium the northern sea is FREEZINGggggg, i don't know how people can swim there, but Miss Apollo, maybe you should give the hot beachside scene a chance ;)

Anchyyy
02-06-05, 14:56
Yeah oh well, i think most slovenes don't know much about Albania, plus using Siptar as derrogatory term doesn't help things, well hopefully this summer my slovene friend is comin whilst i go on vacation there so he can spread the word ;)

It's true. I personally don't now nothing about Albania. But most of people in Slovenia think that it's not ok to go there just because of muslims and soo on. They have diffrent reasons and believe me they will always find at least one more...

Duo
02-06-05, 15:44
Heh, that's weird the muslim thing, first because most albanians are not religious at all and second because you guys are just about to build a huge islamic center in the middle of Ljubjana soooooooo, a bit ironic ;)

But i guess this goes to prove our stupid old sterotypes and barriers that inhibit the balkans from progressing further more, and that's why we need the EU, to save us from our own stupidity :p

Anchyyy
02-06-05, 16:06
Heh, that's weird the muslim thing, first because most albanians are not religious at all and second because you guys are just about to build a huge islamic center in the middle of Ljubjana soooooooo, a bit ironic ;)

But i guess this goes to prove our stupid old sterotypes and barriers that inhibit the balkans from progressing further more, and that's why we need the EU, to save us from our own stupidity :p

You're right. That huge islamic center in the middle of Ljubljana...people fought about that so long i can't even remember when that crap started. And still there are a lot of them that still don't want it. :okashii:

And that EU thing...I don't like it very much. But in that point you are right :p

Duo
02-06-05, 16:19
Yeah that actually annoys me also, building that center :okashii:

but anyways bak to the main topic, i hear slovenia is also a pretty cool to visit, like there are those caves, good ski resorts, and good pizza for cheap and a lot of cute girls :p

Anchyyy
02-06-05, 17:59
Yeah that actually annoys me also, building that center :okashii:

but anyways bak to the main topic, i hear slovenia is also a pretty cool to visit, like there are those caves, good ski resorts, and good pizza for cheap and a lot of cute girls :p

You should really come to visit Slovenia. It is b-e-a-utiful :p . Especally Maribor is good. I live here :blush: Everytime is something hapening. I am never bored when i go to the city shopping or so...and yes it is a place of cute girls :blush: :lol:

Pizza is good too and we got our special food like Over Mura moving pie :p strange name :relief: but it is good :cool: :-)

miu
13-06-05, 21:41
In the summer, definitely Finland. Especially in July.

Dutch Baka
14-06-05, 20:16
most vacations in europe i have spent in the netherlands on the camping .. haha really cheesie... but it was nice, this was from my 12th up to my 16th.. after that i went to Ibiza, and to benidorm ( both spain)

i liked that the most Ibiza!!!! nice clubbing, and the island is great.. the got some really great pirate caves, and the old city is wonderful!!!

but the best place is for sure PARIS.. i have been there twice, totaly 1 and 4 days, but it is beautifull, architecture, food, live.. ( except most people LOL )

Miss_apollo7
20-07-05, 20:12
most vacations in europe i have spent in the netherlands on the camping .. haha really cheesie... but it was nice, this was from my 12th up to my 16th.. after that i went to Ibiza, and to benidorm ( both spain)

I have never gone camping....and I don't think it is my type of a holiday. Holiday for me doesn't include trailers...or cars for that matter!!! I am not the type of person who willingly drives all around Europe in a car....I hate the traffic jams on the highways going south during summer.....there are sooo many Danes driving south over the summer to visit Germany, France etc..
I prefer FLYING to different cities in Europe..... :blush:

Duo
20-07-05, 20:42
I have never gone camping....and I don't think it is my type of a holiday. Holiday for me doesn't include trailers...or cars for that matter!!! I am not the type of person who willingly drives all around Europe in a car....I hate the traffic jams on the highways going south during summer.....there are sooo many Danes driving south over the summer to visit Germany, France etc..
I prefer FLYING to different cities in Europe..... :blush:

I'm with you there, trains are ok as well for not so long distances, but noo crazy drivin and trailers, unless it's like a road trip :blush:

Miss_apollo7
20-07-05, 20:57
I'm with you there, trains are ok as well for not so long distances, but noo crazy drivin and trailers, unless it's like a road trip :blush:

...yes, unless it is a road trip, but I have to stick to planes...much quicker to get to the destination.... :blush: No road trips for me..... :relief:

I prefer staying at hotels instead of camping....so even thouhg someone wants to FLY me to a campers' site, trailer park....I would stick to a hotel nearby...:D

I wouldn't spend my holiday camping singing "cumbaya" eating marshmellows and drinking instant coffee.....I would prefer RESTAURANTS!!!!! :blush:

Mycernius
21-07-05, 19:50
The Isle of Man for me. It might be a little island in the middle of the Irish sea (30 miles long, 10 miles across), but to me it is one of the quietest and picturesque places in Europe.

smoke
21-07-05, 20:16
I have to say ibiza.
Unfortunately peoples first thought of Ibiza is the larger lout culture that plagues parts of the island.
around the island there are beautiful beaches, crystal clear and ususaly calm waters and fantastic natural scenery.
Head for places like Es Cana, Santa Eulalia and if you like things really quiet, Cala Llonga.

Duo
21-07-05, 20:41
I've always wanted to go to Spain. I love most the mediterannean, hopefully I will get to return to Italy for vacation :p

kirei_na_me
21-07-05, 20:46
I was planning on retiring to Italy with TwistedMac. I don't know if he's still up for it, though... :p

Duo
21-07-05, 20:48
lucky guy, location and perfect retiree mate with him ;)

ukbulldog
28-02-09, 23:26
I havent got much to compare to as im only 15 but i prefer laid back by the pool holidays such as Greece and Barcelona. But on the other hand i loved it on our 2 nights at amsterdam where we watched ajax beat az

way2lithuania
09-10-09, 14:39
Vilnius
Nida
Palanga

sawyer
26-01-10, 14:24
My friends from Germany are visiting me 2 times a year. I always book a place for them in aston hostel. Never had problems with accomodation. My buddies claim it's quite clean and cosy.

sawyer
26-02-10, 14:27
If anyone's interested, just check here aston-hostel.pl/en. There is an english version, and also russian, so navigation should be easy for anyone. What's more, there'a an useful information for booking and stuff..

Gwyllgi
28-02-10, 13:39
It’s horses for courses ennit?

I like Wales, well I would, and Llandudno (say it like “clan dud no”) is well deserving of the title of queen of North Wales resorts. A well preserved Victorian sea side place if you like that sort of thing.

A place that might be called “Llareggub” rather than as it is if you’re looking for an active holiday (you need to know about Under Milk Wood to understand that!) but if it’s what you like it’s great.

The weather is best described as Welsh though, so it’s Tenerife for me for a bit of Sun Sand and Sangria.

Or Hahnenklee for a shopping trip close to Christmas. Lovely place to stay, handy for Hanover and Goslar, and a smashing drive from Calais through the nice bits of Europe to the Harz Wald.

AS for the Isle of Man, it’s pants. Over priced, dirty, nothing to do, and very rude people everywhere.

Some nice to your face, but horrid behind your back. The most helpful people there are foreign workers.

sawyer
31-03-10, 09:59
Well, I have never been to Wales, but if you claim it's a cool, i think i'll consider checkin it out.
Could you please paste some photos, or website links?
I wander who are those helpful foreigners? Polish? Ukrainian? Russian?

Maciamo
31-03-10, 10:19
The south of France and Italy have my vote. More specifically south-eastern France from the Rhône delta eastward and the western half of the Italian peninsula until Campania.

Gwyllgi
31-03-10, 12:31
Well, I have never been to Wales, but if you claim it's a cool, i think i'll consider checkin it out.
Could you please paste some photos, or website links?
I wander who are those helpful foreigners? Polish? Ukrainian? Russian?

When I say cool I mean it’s usually cold. And damp. Whenever you see green fields and clean sheep it means it usually rains.

The green fields of Wales are legendry, and the sheep are spotless.

Our weather isn’t the best in the world, we get a great deal of rain because of our geographic location and the effects of the mountain ranges creating a rain deposition zone when the wind is from the South West and has come across the Atlantic.

Our prevailing wind is South West.

Wales is a great place, if you want a very quiet holiday but it’s not good if you want a bit of night life. Not that there isn’t any, just that it’s hard to find.

Here’s a link to the Llandudno web site http://www.llandudno.com/ (http://www.llandudno.com/) but I would point out that it’s nescessery to undertand what’s written about the place.

For example when it says “Llandudno has kept its Victorian and Edwardian elegance and splendour, despite its modern attractions” what it means is that the bloody place has hardly changed in the last hundred years except for a few new shop fronts and a swimming pool.

Not that is a bad thing, if you like quiet traditional British sea side “bucket and spade on the sand” holidays.

Wales is unquestionably a beautiful place to visit though the South is spoiled by industrial scars. I wouldn’t live anywhere else.

But be warned. Like anywhere in Britain you’ll get ripped off (the British seem to use the same word for “foreigner” as “victim”) and the food will be ……… variable. Best stick to Chinese “carry-out’s”. Accommodation will also be …… variable, and very expensive for what you get.

Here’s another site, this time about the whole of Wales, http://www.visitwales.co.uk/ (http://www.visitwales.co.uk/) and here’s a site that covers the day to day things going on http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ (http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/)

AS for the Isle of Man (A MUST avoid) the foreign staff who were most helpful there were the young Polish people and the young Spanish and Portuguese all of who seem to have been lumbered with the work the Manx can’t or won’t do.

overnight
31-03-10, 23:06
your buddies are God damn right! :) I've been to Poland twice, first time when I got there I booked a single room in Aston Hostel and it was pretty cool, so when next time I got back with friends of mine we returned, because it was already checked by me the last time and we were sure that it's going to be allright :) and it was :)

GP850mAh
07-04-11, 05:02
So what's your favorite place in Europe to go in vacation ?
The hot southern sea side or perhaps the northern central snowy mountain ranges? Or maybe the low countries, Belgium and Netherlands? and dairy heaven pastural Denmark? Or maybe a bit up more in the ice cold rivers of Sweden, Norway and Finland.
well you tell me

Calella, Spain an hour north of Barcelona on the east coast. Have been there several times on vacation. I love laxing on the beach with a cold glass of cola after a long winter here in the cold north.

Sid71
13-04-11, 14:29
Barcelona is amazing and offers a great mix of attractions including architecture, monuments, museums, city life, nightlife and beaches. It is one of my favorite destination.

Cambrius (The Red)
13-04-11, 15:39
Barcelona is one of my favorite cities in the world.

NickP
23-07-12, 23:15
Yeah Spain was awesome, especially Barcelona. France is cool too; I actually like the southern Mediterranean coast area and Provence better than Paris. Italy is one of my favorite places, but it doesn't feel the same as it used to when I went there when I was younger. Took a trip out to Greece recently also and the sea there, as well as nightlife and island culture, is pretty tight.

LuluSteve98
20-03-13, 07:30
Zermatt is a village in switzerland is one of my favorite place ever.

LuluSteve98
20-03-13, 07:36
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
This city, full of colorful homes, canals and bridges, is one of Europe's most picturesque capitals.

Balder
24-03-13, 06:50
Biarritz, France

morris045
04-06-13, 09:27
Netherlands for me because i heard that when you pick a good season in that place you will surely enjoy travelling in that country.

Cambrius (The Red)
04-06-13, 17:24
My favourite place to travel in Europe is France.

Nobody1
04-06-13, 17:43
Tyrol and Budapest

Cambrius (The Red)
04-06-13, 17:50
Another great place for vacation is Italy, north or south.

oriental
04-06-13, 19:51
When I was working in Winnipeg I was next to Czech who was a great talker. We hardly did any work and nobody said anything. Of course I left as I wanted some working experience. Anyway, he lamented how Canada was a cultural desert as there was no night life after work. He told me about Europe and the wonderful night life there and especially Spain. He said it was deserted and so a great place for a beach summer vacation and it was incredibly cheap. Of course this was around the time of the spaghetti westerns. Now I know Sean Connery has a home in Spain maybe near a beach.

Balder
05-06-13, 07:07
I'm planning 10 days in Amsterdam, next month. I may pass some days or hours in Hamburg and Lubeck as well.

Then I will spend the rest of my summer enjoying the beaches of southern Sweden. :heart:

http://wallpaperskd.com/wallpapers/2012/02/pebble-piles-southern-sweden-nature-beach-485x728.jpg

alayka
29-10-13, 07:35
London
Berlin
Rome
Paris
Venice

richardjack67
19-09-14, 13:47
I want to see Belin.. The Best nightlife, fine dining, original fashion and innovative museums

Nightwing
19-09-14, 14:22
Scandinavians usually book a one week holiday to cheap beach resorts like Teneriffa and Lanzarote.

Sable
18-11-15, 12:35
Yeah! London is a good city of England. It is a beautiful and charming city. I would like to say you must take a visit toLondon, during your winter vacations. It would be a good time for you. Last winter vacations I visited it with my friends. We really enjoyed different attractions there like Tate Modern, Coca-Cola, London Eye, Tower of London and Royal Museums Greenwich.

gemma
14-03-16, 13:23
Paris and London are the most beautiful and fabulous places for vacations. Once in my life I had personally visited it with my family and during our journey we visited some most beautiful and popular places of Paris.I can never forgot it and now I am planning again visit to Paris.

johncatre
16-03-16, 13:57
1 Rome
2 Paris
3 London
4 Florence
5 Barcelona
6 Amsterdam
7 Prague
8 Berlin
9 Venice
10 Vienna

If you are Planning to visit Europe then according to my suggestion visit this places must .
Book your favorite Hotel by - Luxuryhotelsgroup

pacificbreeze
24-04-16, 10:50
All Europe is beautiful, but i like Northern Spain most of all )

michaelmanson
10-03-18, 14:16
Spain! or may be Italy

dia38europe
23-04-18, 10:55
Italy, Malta, Romania, such beautiful places with lots of history.

adamgilcristt
23-04-18, 15:53
Below are the top rated vacation places in the European continent.

Milan, Italy
Gdansk, Poland
Athens, Greece
San Sebastian, Spain
Porto, Portugal

Angela
27-04-18, 19:18
Below are the top rated vacation places in the European continent.

Milan, Italy
Gdansk, Poland
Athens, Greece
San Sebastian, Spain
Porto, Portugal

Top rated by whom? Source, please.

SunnyDay
25-07-18, 14:47
I adore two absolutely different places - San Sebastian and Copenhagen))