Traveling to Ireland & Scotland

XxSirenxX

Pancake Mistress
Reaction score
yay! i get to go to Ireland and Scotland in a week..just hoping ppl know good places i could go see in my free time there after all the stuff my mom already planned...i should be in Ireland for a week and then flying over to Scotland...cause we are going to a World Science Fiction convention ^_^

so if anybody knows some cool places to check out let me know.

Dank coo! :bow:

I don't know about Ireland but for the time that you're in Scotland I recommend seeing Stirling Castle for the excellent history on view.
Other places to see would be:
Loch Lomand
Glasgow
Edinburgh Castle
Edinburgh itself - Ha, ha that goes without saying, Edinburgh seems to be the tourist hotspot of Scotland.
Also if you travel outside of urban Scotland into the rural areas availible then you want to take a look at the various hills that can be walked such as the Campsie Hills.
Glengoyne distillery is popular too, it's only worth seeing if you like whiskey though. It's about twenty to thirty miles outside of Glasgow in the direction of Stirling.

XxSirenxX said:
now i talk to my mom about it...and now were only traveling around ireland..we are only going to be in scotland for a few days...just enough for the convention :(

i really wish my dad could of taken 3 weeks off...

now i found out we are going to be there for like 5 days...that is enough to go around the city for awhile...

im going to hate flying so much...6 flights total...yarg dublin and glasgow for not leting us fly directly home from their airports >: (

YEAH!

I am going to Dublin, Ireland in the middle of November...
We will visit Guiness brewery, Old Jameson Distillery, the Kilmainhaim jail etc... :cool:

Miss_apollo7 said:
YEAH!

I am going to Dublin, Ireland in the middle of November...
We will visit Guiness brewery, Old Jameson Distillery, the Kilmainhaim jail etc... :cool:

lol awesome! we went past the guinness brewery...didnt go in though...i had a few myself...its not that bad really ^_^

i saw the cliffs of moher, aran islands, got to kiss the blanery stone, powerscourt gardens(so pretty!), st. patricks cathedral, trinity college, the burren, national stud farm(i <3 horses), and a few other castles and plenty of churches... :)

XxSirenxX said:
lol awesome! we went past the guinness brewery...didnt go in though...i had a few myself...its not that bad really ^_^

i saw the cliffs of moher, aran islands, got to kiss the blanery stone, powerscourt gardens(so pretty!), st. patricks cathedral, trinity college, the burren, national stud farm(i <3 horses), and a few other castles and plenty of churches... :)

I am going to Trinity College too, especially to see the Book of kells :wave:

Miss_apollo7 said:
I am going to Trinity College too, especially to see the Book of kells :wave:

hey, you are going to my home, thats great news

well, there are many things to see and do in ireland,
of course there is a lot of beautiful architecture in dublin such as the customs house

ireland89.jpg

st patricks cathedral
ireland52.jpg

dublin castle and the list goes on

most of the museums are free to enter, including the national art and history museums

of course trinity library and go to irish pubs

if you have time to travel around ireland there are daytrips to glendalough where you can see a round tower and other very old irish buildings

Glendalough.megalithomania.jpg

its in wicklow where i am from and is called the garden of ireland and rightly so , but november is cold and dark so go early

if you can travel a bit farther you should see the rock of cashel in tipperary
it is one of my favorite places in ireland and it is historically one of the most important castles in ireland, without that castle ireland might be a viking nation today

P9190095.jpg

closer to dublin is Newgrange, which is a fantasic place and they say its 5000 years old - the oldest building in europe

newgrange-front.jpg

further away on the west coast there ar the cliffs of moher

Cliffs%20of%20Moher%2004.jpg

even yoda has visited there apparently
images

there are other places of course, i dont have time to name them all
but the Curragh is famous for racehorse and there is a japanese garden there
its also where many scenes from braveheart and saving private ryan were filmed

kilkenny is a beautiful city with an old castle and where i went to school

also bunratty castle
Bunratty,%20Co%20Clare.jpg

galway is famous for being the friendliest city in ireland

youll be able to see many traditional thatched cottages evebn today

PatsCottageVerticle.jpg

and on a cold winter evening if you dont know what to do you should check out the - arthouse cinema , even if you dont watch a movie the atmosphere in the glass roofed courtyard is great and the food is pretty reasonable

you should go to bewleys oriental cafe for tea or coffee, not the one on grafton street though as it has gone a bit upmarket
bewleys is an irish instituiona nd there ued to be a branch in harajuku
sadly it is now an irish pub

temple bar is the dublin tourist spot and is quite cool but a bit more expensive than other places

irish food is nothing to brag about so please try the many foreign food retaurants

if you like chocolate, butlers could well be the most delicious in the world, so whatever you dont miss out, and the prices are reasonable too

ireland has become a little expensive though so bring plenty of cash or eat supermarket food

well, enjoy, all who are going to ireland :p

and what XxSirenxX said

eeee! i saw the cliffs of Moher! but not from that angle cause they were doing construction for something...but i was on teh top left part by the tower..which of course they made into another shop...but yea i went to like all the places you have pics for...it was so beautiful there

deadhippo said:
hey, you are going to my home, thats great news

well, there are many things to see and do in ireland,
of course there is a lot of beautiful architecture in dublin such as the customs house

ireland89.jpg

st patricks cathedral
ireland52.jpg

dublin castle and the list goes on

most of the museums are free to enter, including the national art and history museums

of course trinity library and go to irish pubs

if you have time to travel around ireland there are daytrips to glendalough where you can see a round tower and other very old irish buildings

Glendalough.megalithomania.jpg

its in wicklow where i am from and is called the garden of ireland and rightly so , but november is cold and dark so go early

if you can travel a bit farther you should see the rock of cashel in tipperary
it is one of my favorite places in ireland and it is historically one of the most important castles in ireland, without that castle ireland might be a viking nation today

P9190095.jpg

closer to dublin is Newgrange, which is a fantasic place and they say its 5000 years old - the oldest building in europe

newgrange-front.jpg

further away on the west coast there ar the cliffs of moher

Cliffs%20of%20Moher%2004.jpg

even yoda has visited there apparently
images

there are other places of course, i dont have time to name them all
but the Curragh is famous for racehorse and there is a japanese garden there
its also where many scenes from braveheart and saving private ryan were filmed

kilkenny is a beautiful city with an old castle and where i went to school

also bunratty castle
Bunratty,%20Co%20Clare.jpg

galway is famous for being the friendliest city in ireland

youll be able to see many traditional thatched cottages evebn today

PatsCottageVerticle.jpg

and on a cold winter evening if you dont know what to do you should check out the - arthouse cinema , even if you dont watch a movie the atmosphere in the glass roofed courtyard is great and the food is pretty reasonable

you should go to bewleys oriental cafe for tea or coffee, not the one on grafton street though as it has gone a bit upmarket
bewleys is an irish instituiona nd there ued to be a branch in harajuku
sadly it is now an irish pub

temple bar is the dublin tourist spot and is quite cool but a bit more expensive than other places

irish food is nothing to brag about so please try the many foreign food retaurants

if you like chocolate, butlers could well be the most delicious in the world, so whatever you dont miss out, and the prices are reasonable too

ireland has become a little expensive though so bring plenty of cash or eat supermarket food

well, enjoy, all who are going to ireland :p

and what XxSirenxX said

WOW!!! Thanks for posting the pictures deadhippo!!! I will definately check some of the places out!! :wave:

Miss_apollo7 said:
WOW!!! Thanks for posting the pictures deadhippo!!! I will definately check some of the places out!! :wave:

youre welcome
i want people to see some of the many beautiful things there are to see in ireland
here are some irish tourist sites some of which will send tourist info to your door...for free

Meath
Wicklow - my home
Wexford
West Ireland

there are more but i dont have so much time

also if you get a chance to go to the north you should check out the giants causeway (I have never been there :bluush:)

Giants%20Causeway,06.jpg

I'd love to visit the Giants Causeway, however, I will only be in Dublin and its surroundings....

I can only just IMAGINE myself standing on the rocks looking at the sunset... :wave:

I've been meaning to travel Ireland for sooo long now, it's quite sad I couldn't get to it yet.

The Cliffs of Moher look very impressive. I love great cliffs. There is something so very primal and simple to them that attracts me I think.

Just added another point on my travel list. :)

well,i ve never been in ireland or scotland,but i ve heard that people especially in ireland are much more friendly than th most people of europe.i m sure about that cause i ve watched some documantaries about this countries and both of them,i mean people from both countries seem to be very openhearted.i ve got to go sometime to both of countries in any case!

wow!all of this photos,mate,seem to be very good,exciting i d say.such beautiful castles.they all look bey huge!sorry for my english.i come from greece and i want to improve my english through this forum.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hi '[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]deadhippo'![/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] Thanks for sharing such an awesome pictures of spots in Ireland. The cliffs of moher are looking magnificent. Really Ireland is a lovely place to go. [/FONT]

Hi,

I am about to move to Aberdeen for work and was trying to get some more info about where to live. I want somewhere inner city and quite trendy, near bars, restaurants cinema etc.

Any suggestions or general descriptions of the areas in Aberdeen?

This thread has been viewed 35716 times.

Back