'Failed' Suicide-Bombers in Custody

smoke

Read It And Weep
Reaction score
I really wanted to name this thread "Got The B@stards"

Sky News said:
FOUR 'BOMBERS HELD'

All four would-be London bombers are thought to be in custody after a day of dramatic arrests in London and Rome.

According to an Italian minister, a British citizen of Somali origin has been arrested in Italy's capital city.

He is thought to be the man who attempted to blow up at train at Shepherd's Bush on July 21.

The unconfirmed reports follow a series of raids in London, in which two other suspects were taken into custody.

One of them is thought to be the man who tried to detonate a bomb at Oval station. He remains unnamed.

The other is thought to be Muktar Said Ibrahim - the man suspected of attempting to blow up the number 26 bus in Shoreditch.

Anti-terror police have also arrested one other person.

This information was given to Sky News' crime correspondent Martin Brunt by sources - but it has not been officially confirmed by Scotland Yard.

One of the men arrested in London today was taken into custody after a dramatic raid on the Peabody Estate in the north Kensington area of west London.

The man under arrest was led away from the scene wearing a white forensic boiler suit, often used to preserve evidence.

During the siege, one eyewitness told Sky News that a man was inside a flat and police were surrounding the property and shouting at him to take his clothes off and get out.

Officers carrying guns and wearing balaclavas took part in the siege, in which officers called the man inside the flat "Mohammed".

A number of explosions had earlier been heard at the scene, possibly the sound of police entering the property.

One of the suspected bombers, Yassin Hassan Omar, 24, is already in custody after being arrested in Birmingham earlier this week.

Today's raids were connected to the failed bombing attempt on July 21 - exactly two weeks after 56 people were killed in bombs on London's transport network.

Brunt said: "It looks as though police had no more than an hour-and-a-half to prepare for this."

He added: "This is a serious operation - rather more substantial than the raids we have seen in the past few days.

"It is half a mile or so from where a bomb was left on Thursday last week and discovered later by a member of the public."

:: A number of other arrests have been made in a series of other operations.

Officers carrying machine guns and wearing gas masks sealed off Tavistock Road and the adjoining crescent.

Tavistock Road runs close to Westbourne Park Tube station where the man who attempted to blow himself up on a train near Shepherd's Bush on July 21 got on to the network.

:: Liverpool Street Station has been re-opened after being evacuated and shut down. Armed police arrested two women.

Some of the arrests took place in the borough in which i work...a little too close to home!

smoke said:
I really wanted to name this thread "Got The B@stards"
I think one of the newspapers used something for a headline. So much for their determination to die for Islam. I've seen the pictures on the front of the Daily Mail. They don't look very determined to die.

Mycernius said:
I think one of the newspapers used something for a headline. So much for their determination to die for Islam. I've seen the pictures on the front of the Daily Mail. They don't look very determined to die.
It was the Sun...maybe i should sue for plagurism (sp?)

This thread has been viewed 6721 times.

Back