inner self

Void

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Russian
Just were fooling around recently with friends about self-knowledge.
Is there any chance to know your true self? Or one is no different from people outside - always missing something and misjudging (intentionally or not)?

Once ago i had an interest in astrology, not in the predictive possibilities, more in natal charts. Drew a few for a people i knew well, and for some i hardly knew. It is said that stars do not predict, they show what is plotted, and it is up to individual whether to reveal and let some traits grow or to suppres and hide even from oneself.
In some cases people say "is it also me? it couldn`t be so. Never ever" :D
Maybe, but do we get a chance to learn about ourselves? or better say how often do we use this chance? Without lying to ourselves and without shoving unpleasant discoveries away.
:?

Hi Void! Good topic! :cool:

It is often said that those close to us know us better than we know ourselves. I'm sure there's some truth in that. But at the same time, there is a side to each of us known only to ourselves - the 'dark side' that is like a secret living deep down, that we don't want anyone else to know about. I think a lot of times dreams can reveal our deep thoughts. Not really in a Freudian or dream prediction way, just you tend to dream about things that are important, even if you do not realise the importance in your conscious thoughts. Like when my mum turned 50 I dreamt that an old man was beating her with a stick. When I woke up, I realised that the dream was telling me I was worried about my mum getting old - and I had not even realised it until I had the dream. :souka:

This thread has been viewed 4200 times.

Back