PDA

View Full Version : Myers-Briggs 16 personalities test

Maciamo
20-09-05, 15:53
For some reason, everytime I take the Myers-Briggs (Jung) personality test (http://similarminds.com/pref_jung.html) (at a few months' or years' interval) I get different personality types. The only stable one is "T" for Thinking.

I took the test just one year ago and got ISTP :

Introverted (I) 59.38% Extroverted (E) 40.63%
Sensing (S) 52.78% Intuitive (N) 47.22%
Thinking (T) 83.87% Feeling (F) 16.13%
Perceiving (P) 51.72% Judging (J) 48.28%

I took the test on the same website today and got ESTJ ("Administrator") :

Extroverted (E) 51.61% Introverted (I) 48.39%
Sensing (S) 55.88% Intuitive (N) 44.12%
Thinking (T) 69.44% Feeling (F) 30.56%
Judging (J) 58.82% Perceiving (P) 41.18%

In one year, the most stable trait was "Sensing". Of course, my scores are usually in the 40% and 50%, so it's easy to pass from one side to the other, depending on my mood.

A few years ago, I got INTP ("Thinker"). Looking at the descriptions (http://similarminds.com/jung/intp.html) to find the character that fits me best, I am probably a mix of INTP and ESTJ, which are opposites in everything but "T". How is that possible ?

All this to say that I do not find this test accurate at all for me.

What about you ?

Mycernius
20-09-05, 16:09
I'd say your one crazy mixed up person. :p In other words, normal, like the rest of us :-)

Tsuyoiko
20-09-05, 16:28
I mentioned this test on another thread yesterday - I have recently taken the test 5 times over a couple of weeks and got INTP every time. The description is me to a 'T'. But I think most people are going to be a mix. And I don't find it surprising that your results change over time, because people do change over time - but as personality tests go it seems the most accurate for me. Maciamo - I don't know about the first three, but I would say you are a J - you seem to have made your mind up about most things.

Void
21-09-05, 17:38
I am INFP "Questor". Not a big surprise though :D

Kinsao
21-09-05, 17:50
Oh, I'd never done the test before. I got ESTJ "Administrator" for both my actualised and preferred type. Interesting, because that is my job title! :D

MeAndroo
22-09-05, 06:57
A few years ago, I got INTP ("Thinker"). Looking at the descriptions to find the character that fits me best, I am probably a mix of INTP and ESTJ, which are opposites in everything but "T". How is that possible ?

Well, judging by your scores, none of them were overwhelmingly on one end except for said T. It doesn't seem impossible that you could go from, say, a I to an E based on a small percentage shift.

I got an ESTP the last time I did it. Pretty accurate, but the scores were similar to yours in that they were very close to being even.

mad pierrot
22-09-05, 10:32
Maciamo,

Are there any other tests you score consistently the same with? I would assume that anyone could conceivably be under a number of different emotional unfluences at the time one takes a test. Given a different emotional state each time one takes the test, it would be easy to get different results for each test, right?

Elizabeth
22-09-05, 14:50
Maciamo,

Are there any other tests you score consistently the same with? I would assume that anyone could conceivably be under a number of different emotional unfluences at the time one takes a test. Given a different emotional state each time one takes the test, it would be easy to get different results for each test, right?
I have been an INTJ for the last several years, the only vector that wavered somewhat before that was between P and J -- so it seems very predictive in my case as well, at least as my personality has came of age.

It seems reasonable to me too that major life upheavals or even temporary emotional states may swing anyone's results unexpectedly. Or for those of us that just don't have enough insight into ourselves to be good subjects. :p

lastmagi
22-09-05, 17:03
Thanks for the interesting topic, Maciamo!

I agree with Mad Pierrot; emotional states can influence our responses.

One other thing I noticed myself doing whenever I do personality tests is that I sometimes consciously determine how I want to be seen in the end. This is especially true whenever the test in question gives you special attributes like "The Hopeless Romantic" or "The Charismatic Leader" or "The Satanic Dog Catcher from the Fifth Layer of Hell." If I notice a pattern in questions, then I will adjust my responses accordingly, which unfortunately undermines the point of the test. This may be harder to do in a test like the Myers-Briggs, where you only get basically an acronym of your traits, but it's still there. Note that I may still be responding truthfully, though perhaps not as a whole, because I may be thinking of one behavior in particular that contrasts against another tendency; in other words, both of these behaviors/tendency on which I am answering may be true to some degree, and it is always hard to quantify how much.

Thirdly, there is a question of reliability in questions. In sociological/psychological terminology, this refers to how well a question returns the same response from an individual every time he or she retakes the test. So if I get on a weight scale 50x, it should show the same weight every single time. So like I was talking about in the last paragraph, I may be thinking of one particular instance/tendency that describes my character for one question, but if I retake it again, I may be drawing from another instance/tendency. Let's see how exactly reliability plays into question by looking at some examples:

1) I am systematic.

In what? There are some things in which I am systematic, and some things in which I simply don't care to be organized about. And I find it hard to quantify the areas in which I am systematic vs. the areas in which I am not because there is so much grey area, so there is an inability in my part to describe a general tendency.

2) I am attracted to eccentrics.

Too broad. How would you define an eccentric to narrow them down? Tori Amos is eccentric in one way that is different from Japanese musician Sugizo, whose eccentricity is different from Daniel Emilfork in The City of Lost Children (which was great, btw). The first's eccentricity I find annoying, the second kinda odd, and the third wonderful.

Actually, these questions aren't as bad as other, less reputable personality tests. But personality as a whole is so hard to quantify that I take these tests only for the fun factor than anything else.

Tsuyoiko
22-09-05, 17:12
Well in the tests I have taken you choose on a 5-point scale. So if I am 'systematic' on some things and not others I will choose the middle point. I don't know if they all have a sliding scale though. And I guess if you choose a lot of middle points you will get a middling result, with everything close to 50%. I suppose it works for me because I am an extreme but stable sort of person.

nadeshiko
22-09-05, 19:19
Hmm, the questions seem so similar that I thought - more than once - that several of them appeared twice :wave: Hnyaaaaa, I suppose this is what happens when you take the test 'afore going to sleep... lol. I've got INFP for all three sections though, and if I don't remember wrongly, I had this same 'personality' last I did this sort of test (fromt another website). :relief:

Doc
22-09-05, 19:59
Actualized type: ISFJ
(who you are)
Introverted (I) 90% Extroverted (E) 10%
Sensing (S) 67.5% Intuitive (N) 32.5%
Feeling (F) 52.94% Thinking (T) 47.06%
Judging (J) 64.29% Perceiving (P) 35.71%

ISFJ - "Conservator". Desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs - very loyal.

Preferred type: ISFJ
(who you prefer to be)
Introverted (I) 90% Extroverted (E) 10%
Sensing (S) 57.78% Intuitive (N) 42.22%
Feeling (F) 52.94% Thinking (T) 47.06%
Judging (J) 69.44% Perceiving (P) 30.56%

ISFJ - "Conservator". Desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs - very loyal.

Attraction type: ESFJ
(who you are attracted to)

Extroverted (E) 64.52% Introverted (I) 35.48%
Sensing (S) 59.52% Intuitive (N) 40.48%
Feeling (F) 54% Thinking (T) 46%
Judging (J) 61.54% Perceiving (P) 38.46%

ESFJ - "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Nurturer of harmony. Outstanding host or hostesses.

Interesting test.

Doc :wave:

Platinumbaby
13-10-11, 18:04
Actualized type: ENTJ
(who you are)
Extroverted (E) 68.75% Introverted (I) 31.25%
Intuitive (N) 51.52% Sensing (S) 48.48%
Thinking (T) 54.76% Feeling (F) 45.24%
Judging (J) 60% Perceiving (P) 40%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

Preferred type: ESTJ
(who you prefer to be)
Extroverted (E) 75% Introverted (I) 25%
Sensing (S) 50% Intuitive (N) 50%
Thinking (T) 53.49% Feeling (F) 46.51%
Judging (J) 57.14% Perceiving (P) 42.86%

ESTJ - "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 8.7% of total population.

Attraction type: ESFJ
Extroverted (E) 74.07% Introverted (I) 25.93%
Sensing (S) 51.61% Intuitive (N) 48.39%
Feeling (F) 52.63% Thinking (T) 47.37%
Judging (J) 66.67% Perceiving (P) 33.33%

ESFJ - "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Nurturer of harmony. Outstanding host or hostesses. 12.3% of total population.

ultralars
13-10-11, 19:16
Actualized type: ISTJ
(who you are)
Introverted (I) 53.33% Extroverted (E) 46.67%
Sensing (S) 51.85% Intuitive (N) 48.15%
Thinking (T) 51.72% Feeling (F) 48.28%
Judging (J) 68% Perceiving (P) 32%

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 11.6% of total population.

(who you prefer to be)
Extroverted (E) 53.85% Introverted (I) 46.15%
Sensing (S) 62.96% Intuitive (N) 37.04%
Thinking (T) 55.56% Feeling (F) 44.44%
Judging (J) 68.75% Perceiving (P) 31.25%

ESTJ - "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 8.7% of total population.

Attraction type: ISTJ
Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
Sensing (S) 56% Intuitive (N) 44%
Thinking (T) 51.61% Feeling (F) 48.39%
Judging (J) 61.9% Perceiving (P) 38.1%

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 11.6% of total population.

I give it an 4 on terms of accuracy, but i guess it's me not quite understanding all the terms being used.

LeBrok
14-10-11, 04:35
Actualized type: ENTJ
(who you are)
Extroverted (E) 59.26% Introverted (I) 40.74%
Intuitive (N) 51.28% Sensing (S) 48.72%
Thinking (T) 60% Feeling (F) 40%
Judging (J) 65.52% Perceiving (P) 34.48%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

(who you prefer to be)

Extroverted (E) 61.29% Introverted (I) 38.71%

Sensing (S) 52.63% Intuitive (N) 47.37%

Thinking (T) 61.54% Feeling (F) 38.46%

Judging (J) 64.52% Perceiving (P) 35.48%

Attraction type: ENTJ

Extroverted (E) 63.33% Introverted (I) 36.67%

Intuitive (N) 56.76% Sensing (S) 43.24%

Thinking (T) 55.88% Feeling (F) 44.12%

Judging (J) 53.57% Perceiving (P) 46.43%

Dominant: Extraverted thinking (Te)
Te organizes and schedules ideas and the environment to ensure the efficient, productive pursuit of objectives. Te seeks logical explanations for actions, events, and conclusions, looking for faulty reasoning and lapses in sequence. [15] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENTJ#cite_note-Te-14)
Te is the most developed function for ENTJs. Te involves ordering, structuring, specifying, and applying logic to situations. ENTJs tend to be endowed with strong organizational and coordination skills. Te is also focused on performing a task in the most efficient and productive manner, which generally gives ENTJs the ability to direct and marshal their environment according to work-specific needs. Further, Te contributes to the ENTJs' ability to accumulate relevant data while analyzing that data for factual accuracies and impersonal applications.

Extraverted intuition (Ne): Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings, using “what if” questions to explore alternatives and allowing multiple possibilities to coexist. This imaginative play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to form a new whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.[22] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENTJ#cite_note-Ne-21) For the ENTJ, Ne can connect and generate ideas, adding breadth to the intuitive process of Ni. In its negative form Ne has a critical element that may lead to actions that demoralize or immobilize others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENTJ

Kardu
05-12-11, 12:10
ISTJ in all three:)

himagain
07-01-12, 05:39
INTP here. I feel comfortable with that.

mrikë
07-01-12, 19:28
I never took this test, but it results that I am ISTJ

Introverted (I) 87.1% Extroverted (E) 12.9%
Sensing (S) 54.05% Intuitive (N) 45.95%
Thinking (T) 52.27% Feeling (F) 47.73%
Judging (J) 58.82% Perceiving (P) 41.18%

Regarding the type to whom I am attracted, to my surprise, the results were rather accurate. I found myself approaching the test with tiredness at times and answering rather impulsively, therefore I did not expect this level of accuracy.

Introverted (I) 76.47% Extroverted (E) 23.53%
Intuitive (N) 51.28% Sensing (S) 48.72%
Thinking (T) 51.16% Feeling (F) 48.84%
Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

I persuaded my partner to take the test as well, and his results are the same with roughly similar ciphers.

Endri
07-01-12, 22:56
I took the test out of curiosity on two different sites and apparently i'm an ISTJ type...

1)http://similarminds.com (Similar Minds

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
Sensing (S) 71.05% Intuitive (N) 28.95%
Thinking (T) 77.14% Feeling (F) 22.86%
Judging (J) 68.57% Perceiving (P) 31.43%

2)http://www.mypersonality.info/ (My Personality

Introverted (I) 89% Extroverted (E) 11%
Sensing (S) 95% Intuitive (N) 5%
Thinking (T) 84% Feeling (F) 16%
Judging (J) 84% Perceiving (P) 16%

himagain
29-01-12, 03:30
Once I read in a newspaper that there are, in the US, more ISFPs in prison than any other type. Are there any data to show what types are most often jailed in Europe?

Maciamo
23-04-14, 09:35
I have found this great page (http://www.matthewschuler.co/why-creative-people-sometimes-make-no-sense/) that summarises the character traits of highly creative people based on Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi’s book Creativity: The Work and Lives of 91 Eminent People (http://www.amazon.com/Creativity-Flow-Psychology-Discovery-Invention/dp/0060928204#). Mihaly is a seminal professor of Psychology and Management, and is the Founding Co-Director of the Quality of Life Research Center at Claremont.

Creative people display contradictory traits not usually found together in the rest of the population. I have rarely found a page that better characterises my personality as this one. It finally explains why I get different results almost every time I take the Myers-Briggs Personality Types test (except for the Thinking component). I am borderline Introverted-Extroverted, Sensing-Intuitive and Perceiving-Judging, usually scoring 50% +-3% for each category.

FBS
23-04-14, 10:50
For me the best tests for human nature are the Spiral Dynamics that profile the value systems and several tests developed by SixSeconds especially the Brain profile. But, those have to be done only if you get trained and understand the model, otherwise people tend to label and misuse the results. Since my blog is in Albanian only, here is the one that I like about Spiral Dynamics in English http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTMM_93.htm .

I would quote this part:
Depending on the developmental stage a person is at, or where they are on the Spiral Dynamics helix, their values will influence everything they think and experience to a greater or lesser extent. This means that their values will impact their:

Feelings
Ethics
Motivations
Beliefs
Preferences for learning and working
Political position
Ideas about social systems.

Essentially Spiral Dynamics was developed in order to help us understand:

How people think about things (as opposed to "what" they think).
Why people make decisions in different ways.
Why people respond to different motivators.
Why and how values arise and spread.
The nature of change.

Angela
23-04-14, 16:57
For me the best tests for human nature are the Spiral Dynamics that profile the value systems and several tests developed by SixSeconds especially the Brain profile. But, those have to be done only if you get trained and understand the model, otherwise people tend to label and misuse the results. Since my blog is in Albanian only, here is the one that I like about Spiral Dynamics in English http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTMM_93.htm .

I would quote this part:
Depending on the developmental stage a person is at, or where they are on the Spiral Dynamics helix, their values will influence everything they think and experience to a greater or lesser extent. This means that their values will impact their:

Feelings
Ethics
Motivations
Beliefs
Preferences for learning and working
Political position
Ideas about social systems.

Essentially Spiral Dynamics was developed in order to help us understand:

How people think about things (as opposed to "what" they think).
Why people make decisions in different ways.
Why people respond to different motivators.
Why and how values arise and spread.
The nature of change.

That looks very interesting. I'm going to do some reading about it.

As for the Myers-Briggs test, I almost always come out INFJ. The I and N categories are usually only moderately predominant however, while the F is usually extremely high.

It's a pretty rare type in life from what I read, and I would guess practically non-existent on these types of forums.

FBS
23-04-14, 17:15
@Angela
Since you live in US, both SixSeconds and NVCC (Spiral people) are based in CA. So you can easily attend their courses or introductory workshops. For me Spiral is amazing tool in understanding people and societies. I had to go to UK to attend the training which was amazing.

LeBrok
24-04-14, 07:46
I have found this great page (http://www.matthewschuler.co/why-creative-people-sometimes-make-no-sense/) that summarises the character traits of highly creative people based on Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi’s book Creativity: The Work and Lives of 91 Eminent People (http://www.amazon.com/Creativity-Flow-Psychology-Discovery-Invention/dp/0060928204#). Mihaly is a seminal professor of Psychology and Management, and is the Founding Co-Director of the Quality of Life Research Center at Claremont.

Creative people display contradictory traits not usually found together in the rest of the population. I have rarely found a page that better characterises my personality as this one. It finally explains why I get different results almost every time I take the Myers-Briggs Personality Types test (except for the Thinking component). I am borderline Introverted-Extroverted, Sensing-Intuitive and Perceiving-Judging, usually scoring 50% +-3% for each category.

Very interesting observations. Many points might seem contradictory in paradoxical way.

For example let me comment on number 7.

Most creative people are both rebellious and conservative. “It is impossible to be creative without having first internalized an area of culture. So it’s difficult to see how a person can be creative without being both traditional and conservative and at the same time rebellious and iconoclastic.”
Generally creative people are rebellious. This is in sense that they refuse to do anything till they have understanding of its benefit. They will always ask question, or keep thinking, why, why, why, perhaps just from curiosity of their minds. When it is explained, or they find satisfactory answer why it is done this way, and they agree with this logic, they can fulfil what is required of them to the letter. Almost in religious way, with better conviction than ordinary people do, and as long as it makes sense for them. On this grounds they might be called conservative in their behaviour, or it might agree with old customs, or old socio-political ways therefore deemed conservative.
Otherwise if they don't agree they will be in rebellious opposition to the notion.

It is in strong contrast with ordinary folks way, for whom it is enough to follow customs learned from parents or teachers, and be happy with this state of matter.

There are also examples of creative people who don't possess intellectual capacity to pull solid logical conclusions and as such will always rebel against anything, because it doesn't make sense. In sort of conspiracy theorist ways. Something only make sense in their heads but never agrees with the physical world, and will never find understanding of other.

Ua'Ronain
24-04-14, 13:49
I remember taking this test years ago while I was in college, I was a member of the student council and I remember they had us take it while on a team building trip. This was almost 10 years ago and I recently took the quiz at similar minds and the results changed a bit over time in that there are less extremes.

Actualized type: ESTJ
(who you are)

Extroverted (E) 68.57% Introverted (I) 31.43%
Sensing (S) 54.29% Intuitive (N) 45.71%
Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50%
Judging (J) 57.14% Perceiving (P) 42.86%

MtDNA
23-08-14, 21:47
I was always an INTJ.
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/25/253778.png (http://mypersonality.info/persiannobleman)

Power77
21-10-14, 23:32
INTJ here. Results: http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/mbpref.pl. Very interesting test but I'm quite sure there is even more accurate.

Maciamo
21-12-14, 13:59
I took the test again today, this time here (http://www.arealme.com/16types/en/), and got INTJ (Expert).

"You have many creative thoughts. You always try to turn your ideas into fact tirelessly reaching your goal that you set for yourself. You can understand the connotative model of the outer world and think with a long term perspective. Once you make a commitment, you make a plan and accomplish it. You are very independent and skeptical. You always have a high standard no matter if its for yourself or other people."

This site (http://www.16personalities.com/personality-types) has really great, in-depth descriptions of each personality types, including an analysis of strengths and weaknesses, and typical behaviours at work, in relationships, as a parent, and so on.

It's amazing how my results change from year to year, except for the thinking component. In brackets is the summary from the site in link just above.

2002 : INTP : (Innovative inventors with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge)
2004 : ISTP (Bold and practical experimenters, masters of all kinds of tools)
2005 : ESTJ (Excellent administrators, unsurpassed at managing things - or people)
2014 : INTJ (Imaginative and strategic thinkers, with a plan for everything)

After reading all the descriptions, INTJ really is the closest to me now. I was living in Japan back in 2004-5, and that surely explains why I scored a bit higher on extroversion (I went out and socialised much more than now), and at first more sensing and perceiving as I was absorbing the culture and learning the language.

Angela
21-12-14, 18:40
Most of the time I come out INFJ, and that's close to my actual personality.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/personality/infj

Occasionally I've scored ESFJ, and that's a bit off, in my opinion. I definitely don't come across to people who really know me as having a "sales" type personality, although my social skills are good, I think, if I care to, or have the interest, or energy to use them.

Accurately enough, the F and J scores are constant.

arvistro
22-12-14, 00:05
Ha ha. I am Prophet :) Listen to me! This new great idea! Is definately THE IDEA.

But the only real thing about me, which is absolutely undisputable is N over S (I think I scored and usually score close to 100% there). I am also more T than F. P/J or I/E depends on mood or test :)

On other hand, some years ago, I got really carried away with Socionics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socionics
It is Russian school alternative to Myer-Briggs but appealed to me more, because it explained me people and their relationships. I was classified as ENTJ according to that model. But these schools don't overlap 100%. Also Socionics school says you are just one type for all your life. You need to focus and invest on your strengths, because on your weaknesses max you can do is get to socially acceptable standard and that is it. Also it is pretty much about dualism, you need to find your perfect partner who has strengths were you have weaknesses (and vice/versa of couse), but at the same time you share values and perception of life.

Angela
22-12-14, 02:32
When I took it again today, I noticed that the site gave hypothetical scores for the characters in The Game of Thrones. Silly, I know, but I was pleased to see that two of my favorite characters were given my profile...Jon Snow and Daenerys.:smile:

Aberdeen
22-12-14, 03:21
Today I was ISFP. I always score very high for introversion but the other three tend to hover around the 50% mark, so my results always start with I but any of the other three can change from one testing to another.

Melancon
22-12-14, 03:56
I have taken this test before; I have known about it for about 7 years. I almost always exclusively come out as INTP, sometimes INFP and sometimes ISTP.

arvistro
22-12-14, 11:45
When I took it again today, I noticed that the site gave hypothetical scores for the characters in The Game of Thrones. Silly, I know, but I was pleased to see that two of my favorite characters were given my profile...Jon Snow and Daenerys.:smile:
Lovely, Tyrion Lannister is ENTP :) He is my favorite character. And my alter ego ENTJ is lovely Arya Stark.
But, of course it is hard not to love your guys too.

Overall though I believe there is a good correlation between characters you love and who you are. Because you love/hate people based on their values. Their values are based on their perception of world. Their perception of world is based on how they gather and interpret information, which in theory defines their personality type.

Sile
22-12-14, 18:47
put me down for

ISTJ ..........Assertive................Sentinel

individual1st
05-04-15, 10:38
INTP and ISTP

Aha
16-12-16, 14:44
It's a pretty rare type in life from what I read, and I would guess practically non-existent on these types of forums.

It is indeed the rarest among woman IRL. But when it comes to various sorts of internet forums INTPs and INTJs form a majority.

Aha
16-12-16, 14:48
I, myself, am an ENTP. Intuitive extroverted type

Carl Jung typology is one of my hobbies and I have a site where I type people by watching them reply to questions (visual typology)

Angela
16-12-16, 17:19
It is indeed the rarest among woman IRL. But when it comes to various sorts of internet forums INTPs and INTJs form a majority.

Sorry, I'm usually INFJ. Are you saying that's the rarest among women? Not that this surprises me, necessarily.

Do you mean that INTP and INTJ predominate on genetics and population history forums?

Aha
16-12-16, 19:03
Sorry, I'm usually INFJ. Are you saying that's the rarest among women? Not that this surprises me, necessarily.

Usually? Cognitive types do not change with time. When people receive different types in different tests, it doesn't mean the person changed his/her type, it means the test(s) is not good enough. Even the best tests give no more than 80% correct results and consistent results.
ENTJ and INTJ are the rarest among women. INFJ among men.

Do you mean that INTP and INTJ predominate on genetics and population history forums?

There is a majority of those types on almost any kind of forum. These two types are statisticaly the least social (IRL) in the common sense. They both have a set of favorite topics they love to talk about and the only place they could do it is in the internet, with people of shared interests. Forums happen to be this sweet spot they can talk, communicate, share thoughts.

Angela
16-12-16, 19:39
Usually? Cognitive types do not change with time. When people receive different types in different tests, it doesn't mean the person changed his/her type, it means the test(s) is not good enough. Even the best tests give no more than 80% correct results and consistent results.
ENTJ and INTJ are the rarest among women. INFJ among men.

There is a majority of those types on almost any kind of forum. These two types are statisticaly the least social (IRL) in the common sense. They both have a set of favorite topics they love to talk about and the only place they could do it is in the internet, with people of shared interests. Forums happen to be this sweet spot they can talk, communicate, share thoughts.

The only test I've ever taken is the Myers Briggs one that is the subject of this discussion. I've taken it four times at widely spaced intervals. Three out of the four times I came out INFJ. Maybe on that off day I was in a bad mood. :)

I questioned your comment to me because it didn't make sense to me that it would be so rare among women.

Aha
16-12-16, 19:58
The only test I've ever taken is the Myers Briggs one that is the subject of this discussion. I've taken it four times at widely spaced intervals. Three out of the four times I came out INFJ. Maybe on that off day I was in a bad mood. :)

I questioned your comment to me because it didn't make sense to me that it would be so rare among women.

Oh, yes, I just read your original comment again. It seems I glitched and saw you wrote INTJ. But INFJ is 3rd rarest among women anyway. And 1st rarest among men.

This is statistics on people tested in USA:
http://mathforgrownups.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-18-at-1.01.31-PM.png

Although mind that various countries could get somewhat different statistics. However strange it may sound the first time, some countries have more extroverts, introverts, intuitive or sensual oriented people, etc.

p.s. "rarest" is far-fetched ofc. 1.5% out of 300mln is 4.5mln people

Angela
16-12-16, 20:11
Oh, yes, I just read your original comment again. It seems I glitched and saw you wrote INTJ. But INFJ is 3rd rarest among women anyway. And 1st rarest among men.

This is statistics on people tested in USA:
http://mathforgrownups.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-18-at-1.01.31-PM.png

Although mind that various countries could get somewhat different statistics. However strange it may sound the first time, some countries have more extroverts, introverts, intuitive or sensual oriented people, etc.

p.s. "rarest" is far-fetched ofc. 1.5% out of 300mln is 4.5mln people

Your statement (bolded) makes perfect sense to me, I assure you. Are there any stats on that, by country I mean?

I knew what you meant about rarest. It was nice to know, actually, that I'm not the only person with this combination of perhaps seemingly contradictory traits.

I've found this test and analysis rather helpful as a matter of fact. It's one of the things that helped me make sense of the differences I could see between my reactions and those of people around me, especially here.

arvistro
16-12-16, 20:37
I, myself, am an ENTP. Intuitive extroverted type

Carl Jung typology is one of my hobbies and I have a site where I type people by watching them reply to questions (visual typology)
Does it work also when English is not the first language?
I am not really sure about my Myers Briggs. All I know for sure is NT, tests always give me ENTP, but I am not 100% buying it.

Aha
17-12-16, 00:03
Your statement (bolded) makes perfect sense to me, I assure you. Are there any stats on that, by country I mean?

I knew what you meant about rarest. It was nice to know, actually, that I'm not the only person with this combination of perhaps seemingly contradictory traits.

I've found this test and analysis rather helpful as a matter of fact. It's one of the things that helped me make sense of the differences I could see between my reactions and those of people around me, especially here.

This site claims to have lots of statistics on each country:
https://www.16personalities.com/country-profiles
Mind though that this statistics is based on people who took their test. Not all types are equally interested in such tests.
I have seen also stats by official organisations on UK, Australia somewhere, but couldn't find atm.

Yes, the test is very helpful, especially when you go past the letters and see what they mean. INFJ is just an mbti nomenclature for someone whose main cognitive function is Introverted Intuition (Ni) and auxiliary function Extroverted Feeling (or ethics, to be more precise) (Fe). Those two indeed often conflict. Which often results in quite intriguing personality.

Does it work also when English is not the first language?
I am not really sure about my Myers Briggs. All I know for sure is NT, tests always give me ENTP, but I am not 100% buying it.

It works when English is not the first language if you are fluent enough to understand what they ask
take this one
http://www.sociotype.com/tests/ the most exact online test out of those I have encountered. Take time answering though. Think over every answer.
Although technically it is not MBTI test. It is a socionics test. But they are almost the same. They use the same system of cognitive functions observed by Carl Jung and also use very similar nomenclature

arvistro
17-12-16, 11:17
It works when English is not the first language if you are fluent enough to understand what they ask
take this one
http://www.sociotype.com/tests/ the most exact online test out of those I have encountered. Take time answering though. Think over every answer.
Although technically it is not MBTI test. It is a socionics test. But they are almost the same. They use the same system of cognitive functions observed by Carl Jung and also use very similar nomenclature
In socionics I am ENTj without doubt. Socionics ENTp is not exactly me.

In MBTI tests say ENTp. But both ENTp and ENTj descriptions are kind of OKayish, but not 100% me.
Myers - Briggs ENTj description sounds a bit like Socionics ESTp. Commander vs Marshall. (Socionics name ENTj "Enterpreneur" and ESTp "Marshall", however MB does it vice versa ENTj "Commander" and ESTp "Entrepreneur" :) )
Myers - Briggs ENTp sounds like me. Although I am not that emotionally insensitive, and somehow got a big plan for whatever I do, even if I got distracted by curious things and learn new stuff, just because fascinating, not really useful.

edit:
like predicted
Your Sociotype: LIE (http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LIE-ENTj/)-1Ni http://www.sociotype.com/images/im/Te.gifhttp://www.sociotype.com/images/im/Ni.gif (ENTj)

Other possible types:
INTp - 99%
ENTp - 86%
INFp??? - 66%

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/result/est/200891

Aha
17-12-16, 23:29
In socionics I am ENTj without doubt. Socionics ENTp is not exactly me.

In MBTI tests say ENTp. But both ENTp and ENTj descriptions are kind of OKayish, but not 100% me.
Myers - Briggs ENTj description sounds a bit like Socionics ESTp. Commander vs Marshall. (Socionics name ENTj "Enterpreneur" and ESTp "Marshall", however MB does it vice versa ENTj "Commander" and ESTp "Entrepreneur" :) )
Myers - Briggs ENTp sounds like me. Although I am not that emotionally insensitive, and somehow got a big plan for whatever I do, even if I got distracted by curious things and learn new stuff, just because fascinating, not really useful.

edit:
like predicted
Your Sociotype: LIE (http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LIE-ENTj/)-1Ni http://www.sociotype.com/images/im/Te.gifhttp://www.sociotype.com/images/im/Ni.gif (ENTj)

Other possible types:
INTp - 99%
ENTp - 86%
INFp??? - 66%

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/result/est/200891

That's interesting. Let's analyse it

The test gave you ENTJ, whose major cognitive functions are Te and Ni
The second possibility the test gave you was socionics INTp, which is the same as MBTI INTJ, whose major functions are Ni and Te (different order from the first option)
The fourth possibility is socionics INFp, which is MBTI INFJ, which uses Ni and Fe as major cognitive functions.

That makes me think you are using Ni as one of your first cognitive functions, which is not present in ENTP at all.
As for "nicknames" of the types - those are just marketing features, they do not carry much information and are avoided when people come deeper in this whole Cognitive thing.

Now, ENTP and ENTJ. Despite having three letters in common, they don't share a single conscious cognitive function. ENTP is Ne+Ti+Fe+Si, while ENTJ is Te+Ni+Se+Fi
They are drastically different personality-wise

If you are stuck between these two, its worth reading descriptions of their dominant functions.
For ENTP it is Ne:

Ne is generally associated with the ability to recognize possibilities, create new opportunities and new beginnings, recognize talent and natural propensities in others, reconcile differing perspectives and viewpoints, rapidly generate ideas, and be led by one's intellectual curiosity and stimulate curiosity in others.
Types that value Ne prefer to try out an opportunity rather than consider all possible ways in which it could not work out. They pick a few options and stick with them, in contrast to introverted intuition (Ni) types who pick one option and continue to doubt that option. They enjoy discussing unusual insights into the nature of the world and crazy out-there ideas, like space elevators. Typical Ne quadra humor juxtaposes seemingly unrelated phenomena.

For ENTJ it is Te:

Extroverted logic deals with the external activity of objects, i.e the how, what and where of events, activity or work, behaviour, algorithms, movement, and actions. The how, what and where of events would be the external activity of events, activity or work would be the external activity of a machine or individual(s) and algorithms describe the external activity of objects.
Since Te perceives objective, factual information outside the subject (external activity) and analyzes the rationale and functionality of what is happening or being done or said. "Quality" to a Te type is how well an object performs the functions for which it was made. A Te type can judge a person to be "effective" if he is able to achieve his purposes without wasting any energy or producing unwanted side effects. So Te types basically evaluate people and things using the same criteria.

Which one rings the bell for you?

arvistro
18-12-16, 00:55
That makes me think you are using Ni as one of your first cognitive functions, which is not present in ENTP at all.
Yeah, I am strongly Ni. In socionics Ni type of ENTj.

Now, ENTP and ENTJ. Despite having three letters in common, they don't share a single conscious cognitive function. ENTP is Ne+Ti+Fe+Si, while ENTJ is Te+Ni+Se+Fi
They are drastically different personality-wise
Sure, and in socionics I am ENTj. No discussion.

If you are stuck between these two, its worth reading descriptions of their dominant functions.
For ENTP it is Ne:
Ne is generally associated with the ability to recognize possibilities, create new opportunities and new beginnings, recognize talent and natural propensities in others, reconcile differing perspectives and viewpoints, rapidly generate ideas, and be led by one's intellectual curiosity and stimulate curiosity in others.
Types that value Ne prefer to try out an opportunity rather than consider all possible ways in which it could not work out. They pick a few options and stick with them, in contrast to introverted intuition (Ni) types who pick one option and continue to doubt that option. They enjoy discussing unusual insights into the nature of the world and crazy out-there ideas, like space elevators. Typical Ne quadra humor juxtaposes seemingly unrelated phenomena.

For ENTJ it is Te:
Extroverted logic deals with the external activity of objects, i.e the how, what and where of events, activity or work, behaviour, algorithms, movement, and actions. The how, what and where of events would be the external activity of events, activity or work would be the external activity of a machine or individual(s) and algorithms describe the external activity of objects.
Since Te perceives objective, factual information outside the subject (external activity) and analyzes the rationale and functionality of what is happening or being done or said. "Quality" to a Te type is how well an object performs the functions for which it was made. A Te type can judge a person to be "effective" if he is able to achieve his purposes without wasting any energy or producing unwanted side effects. So Te types basically evaluate people and things using the same criteria.

Which one rings the bell for you?
Bolded things ring the bell for me ;) I mean, according to socionics that Ne function is a strong function for ENTj s as well. And I would not say that I do not value it. I enjoy it :) Especially when I can get some benefit out of it:
"Essentially, the mental functions (primarily those in the Ego block) dictate the direction of thought but rely on the vital functions (primarily those in the Id block) for information and support."

8. Demonstrative Function
Producing
Vital
Strong
Unvalued

Although yeah, I value Ni > Ne. And therefore I am ENTj in Socionics.

Do you think Ne and Te descriptions are same for Socionics and MBTI?

Twilight
18-12-16, 08:38
I took the test again today, this time here (http://www.arealme.com/16types/en/), and got INTJ (Expert).

"You have many creative thoughts. You always try to turn your ideas into fact tirelessly reaching your goal that you set for yourself. You can understand the connotative model of the outer world and think with a long term perspective. Once you make a commitment, you make a plan and accomplish it. You are very independent and skeptical. You always have a high standard no matter if its for yourself or other people."

This site (http://www.16personalities.com/personality-types) has really great, in-depth descriptions of each personality types, including an analysis of strengths and weaknesses, and typical behaviours at work, in relationships, as a parent, and so on.

It's amazing how my results change from year to year, except for the thinking component. In brackets is the summary from the site in link just above.

2005 : ESTJ (Excellent administrators, unsurpassed at managing things - or people)

After reading all the descriptions, INTJ really is the closest to me now. I was living in Japan back in 2004-5, and that surely explains why I scored a bit higher on extroversion (I went out and socialised much more than now), and at first more sensing and perceiving as I was absorbing the culture and learning the language.

Thanks for the link :) I got ENFJ and have been getting that result for quite a while now.

Aha
19-12-16, 11:55
Do you think Ne and Te descriptions are same for Socionics and MBTI?

Both Socionics and MBTI are based on Carl Jung Cognitive Function theory (in his book Psychological Types). He postulated 8 major types of personality, each with two subtypes, totalling 16 types. The major types are Te, Ti, Fe, Fi, Se, Si, Ne, Ni.
Every human has one of these as his/her dominant cognitive function (one that is the most conscious and natural).
So although (as we are all humans) some traits of one type could be seen in another, one person can only have one type and it doesn't change from the very birth.
What I am saying is that you are an ENTJ in both MBTI and Socionics. They are the same, even if descriptions vary a bit. They describe the same type of people.

Azzurro
07-01-17, 09:39
I got ENFP the Journalist type?

Maciamo
07-01-17, 12:25

Took the test again today for the 5th time in 15 years. I am still clearly INTJ (Architect, Expert, Mastermind) like two years ago. The 16 personalities site (https://www.16personalities.com/) has a new dimension: assertive vs turbulent, for which I scored almost 49-51%. In all the other dimensions I scored between 60 and 75% INTJ.

Judith
07-01-17, 13:23
I was ESTP when I last did it . As an engineer the S and T are typical and I was strong on both, E/I and J/P we all varied on and I was middling and so I would vary on those if I took it again.
The names of each group are just for fun to me.

Northener
07-01-17, 15:00
Every time i do these kind of tests, again today, it's consistent: INFJ
INFJ PERSONALITY (“THE ADVOCATE”)

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats, they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

http://personalityclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/infj-profile.png

firetown
07-01-17, 16:25
I believe anyone capable of thinking outside of the box will consider this something that is completely normal in terms of people having many sides to them and on different days, when in different groups of people ... being able to adapt by one or the other side dominating. For example: I have noticed in an introvert group on FB that I once joined that many of those guys are extremely outgoing and super aggressive and "brave" behind their pc. So I am much more inclined to believe most of those character traits are really just adaptions to an environment we grew up in and that depending on social settings and tasks we need to complete in life, tendencies are forming as needed and as we sense them permitted or for us capable to manage.

[QUOTE=Maciamo;255783]For some reason, everytime I take the [url=http://similarminds.com/pref_jung.html]Myers

Azzurro
07-01-17, 21:27
I did it on 2 other sites and both gave me ENFP.

Angela
07-01-17, 22:25
Every time i do these kind of tests, again today, it's consistent: INFJ
INFJ PERSONALITY (“THE ADVOCATE”)

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats, they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

http://personalityclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/infj-profile.png

I'm tougher than this, and more extroverted and fun-loving as well, but it's pretty good, I must say.

I'd also say that with time I've become a disillusioned idealist. I just don't want to slip into cynicism.

I also find it easier to love humanity en masse than on an individual basis.

When I get to know people better I unfortunately find that self-regard, selfishness, and stupidity abound, along with a very low regard for the truth. Except for the people I truly love, I'm really happier in my own head most of the time.

Maciamo
08-01-17, 10:27
I'd also say that with time I've become a disillusioned idealist. I just don't want to slip into cynicism.

When I get to know people better I unfortunately find that self-regard, selfishness, and stupidity abound, along with a very low regard for the truth. Except for the people I truly love, I'm really happier in my own head most of the time.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Northener
08-01-17, 12:32
I'm tougher than this, and more extroverted and fun-loving as well, but it's pretty good, I must say.

I saw you were INFJ too! Nice.
And yeah, older, sadder but wiser etc etc.... ;)
Love humanity is a fine thing, but in some sense too abstract for me.
Maciamo it would be nice if it could be related to genetics, I guess the Introvert (for example) component has, besides an environment component, a genetic one too....

Bergin
12-07-17, 00:50
Actualized type: ENTP
(who you are)

Extroverted (E) 59.38% Introverted (I) 40.63%
Intuitive (N) 55.56% Sensing (S) 44.44%
Thinking (T) 54.76% Feeling (F) 45.24%
Perceiving (P) 64.71% Judging (J) 35.29%

ENTP - "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

*The current algorithm breaks the tie randomly so refresh the page to see alternate results

Preferred type: ESTP
(who you prefer to be)

Extroverted (E) 62.86% Introverted (I) 37.14%
Sensing (S) 54.05% Intuitive (N) 45.95%
Thinking (T) 52.38% Feeling (F) 47.62%
Perceiving (P) 51.28% Judging (J) 48.72%

ESTP - "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 4.3% of total population.

*The current algorithm breaks the tie randomly so refresh the page to see alternate results

Attraction type: ENFJ

Extroverted (E) 58.33% Introverted (I) 41.67%
Intuitive (N) 55% Sensing (S) 45%
Feeling (F) 52.27% Thinking (T) 47.73%
Perceiving (P) 50% Judging (J) 50%

ENFJ - "Persuader". Outstanding leader of groups. Can be aggressive at helping others to be the best that they can be. 2.5% of total population.

I1a3_Young
12-07-17, 04:53
Actualized type: INTP
(who you are)

Introverted (I) 73.08% Extroverted (E) 26.92%
Intuitive (N) 52.38% Sensing (S) 47.62%
Thinking (T) 60.61% Feeling (F) 39.39%
Perceiving (P) 57.14% Judging (J) 42.86%

INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

I have scored INTP multiple times in different settings, never have gotten anything else.

Jovialis
12-07-17, 16:10
Here's my results.

Jung Explorer Test

(who you are)
Intuitive (N) 54.05% Sensing (S) 45.95%
Thinking (T) 57.58% Feeling (F) 42.42%
Perceiving (P) 60.53% Judging (J) 39.47%

ENTP - "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

(who you prefer to be)
Extroverted (E) 55.88% Introverted (I) 44.12%
Sensing (S) 57.89% Intuitive (N) 42.11%
Thinking (T) 55.26% Feeling (F) 44.74%
Perceiving (P) 51.35% Judging (J) 48.65%

ESTP - "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 4.3% of total population.

Extroverted (E) 61.54% Introverted (I) 38.46%
Thinking (T) 62.07% Feeling (F) 37.93%
Judging (J) 51.85% Perceiving (P) 48.15%

Bergin
12-07-17, 18:27
Here's my results.

We have similar results.

:)

Was quite surprised to find Iron Maiden in the music thread.
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/30577-What-music-are-you-listening-to/page22?highlight=music

Jovialis
12-07-17, 20:19
We have similar results.

:)

Was quite surprised to find Iron Maiden in the music thread.
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/30577-What-music-are-you-listening-to/page22?highlight=music

Awesome

Yea, I love punk and metal.

I see that I'm pretty even between all of the described traits. Which I think is pretty accurate, since I have to admit I'm somewhat mercurial.

I can be very expressive in my emotions (positive, and negative). Even if I do my best to hide it, people can read my face easily. I kind of have a short fuse, but can be suddenly cool and collective right after.

I can be extremely empathetic (it bothers me to even kill a spider). Even if I shouldn't be; I give people a chance. Sometimes, I need to resist the urge to forgive, in order to weed out negative people. However, once I do, I totally eliminate them, and shut them out completely; cutting all communication.

Bergin
12-07-17, 22:36
Awesome

Yea, I love punk and metal.

I see that I'm pretty even between all of the described traits. Which I think is pretty accurate, since I have to admit I'm somewhat mercurial.

I can be very expressive in my emotions (positive, and negative). Even if I do my best to hide it, people can read my face easily. I kind of have a short fuse, but can be suddenly cool and collective right after.

I can be extremely empathetic (it bothers me to even kill a spider). Even if I shouldn't be; I give people a chance. Sometimes, I need to resist the urge to forgive, in order to weed out negative people. However, once I do, I totally eliminate them, and shut them out completely; cutting all communication.

I am pretty bad at keeping secrets and, same as you, people can pinpoint quickly if I am in a good/bad day.
The morning is where the mood of my day is decided. If I have the time to do things with calm, maybe watch some Tom & Jerry cartoons, then I will be happy all day long. But, if the alarm rings, is reset and it gets late, then my day is not going to be remembered.

Generally, I like to be around people (apart from the morning), and it has always been relatively easy to make pretty good friends and have amazing memories with them. But I am so bad at keeping in touch with friends and family that are not present around for some time.
Sometimes I get annoyed or offended by my friends, but it passes within one day (the coming calm morning).

NChSh
03-08-17, 21:58
I always get the same result, and usually by a wide margin: ENTP.

A few examples:

Similar Minds Jung Short Test:

Extroverted (E) 69% Introverted (I) 62%
Intuitive (N) 89% Sensing (S) 25%
Thinking (T) 53% Feeling (F) 37%
Perceiving (P) 71% Judging (J) 28%

This one is from Humanmetrics:

ENTP
Extravert(72%) iNtuitive(81%) Thinking(69%) Perceiving(81%)

[*=left]You have distinct preference of Extraversion over Introversion (72%)
[*=left]You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (81%)
[*=left]You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (69%)
[*=left]You have strong preference of Perceiving over Judging (81%)

Oclerig
13-09-17, 20:53
I've done this test about 30 times. Always get INFP :)

Wheal
14-09-17, 18:24
Actual is... ISTJ, funny thing is that I usually end up being the ENTJ because no one else will do it!

Jovialis
25-10-17, 18:04
Here's my results.

Jung Explorer Test

(who you are)
Thinking (T) 57.58% Feeling (F) 42.42%
Perceiving (P) 60.53% Judging (J) 39.47%

(who you prefer to be)
Extroverted (E) 55.88% Introverted (I) 44.12%
Sensing (S) 57.89% Intuitive (N) 42.11%
Thinking (T) 55.26% Feeling (F) 44.74%
Perceiving (P) 51.35% Judging (J) 48.65%

Extroverted (E) 61.54% Introverted (I) 38.46%
Thinking (T) 62.07% Feeling (F) 37.93%
Judging (J) 51.85% Perceiving (P) 48.15%

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/19427-Myers-Briggs-16-personalities-test/page3?p=514251&viewfull=1#post514251

https://i.imgur.com/BgMwXWC.png

Took the test again, as they say your results may change over time. Looks like I've become my preferred personality type.

Wheal
25-10-17, 18:30

NChSh
27-10-17, 22:17
I've taken it dozens of times on multiple websites and have always gotten ENTP. I've been using the system for well-over a decade, and have noticed those who score near the middle tend to have varying results, and generally do not fit the stereotypes, while those like myself, who are on the more extreme ends of the spectrum, tend to get very consistent results, and generally match most of the type descriptions quite well.

Gia.Picard
08-11-17, 20:49
I've taken the mbti roughly six times with each INTP. The only variation is in the T/F dichotomy, sometimes as close as four points, others 20.

Dibran
08-11-17, 22:08
Interesting. Plan on taking this when I get home from work. Always took those half-baked personality quiz's , never an official one.

Dibran
09-11-17, 07:09
I have to say the actualized type is eerily accurate, and the preferred/attraction type is somewhat accurate. Here is a link with extended info on my type:https://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

Actualized type: INFP
(who you are)

Introverted (I) 60.61% Extroverted (E) 39.39%
Feeling (F) 54.76% Thinking (T) 45.24%
Perceiving (P) 61.29% Judging (J) 38.71%

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

Preferred type: ISFJ
(who you prefer to be)

Introverted (I) 57.69% Extroverted (E) 42.31%
Sensing (S) 60% Intuitive (N) 40%
Judging (J) 55.56% Perceiving (P) 44.44%

ISFJ - "Conservator". Desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs - very loyal. 13.8% of total population.

Attraction type: ENFJ

Extroverted (E) 53.13% Introverted (I) 46.88%
Intuitive (N) 51.22% Sensing (S) 48.78%
Feeling (F) 54.17% Thinking (T) 45.83%
Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%

ENFJ - "Persuader". Outstanding leader of groups. Can be aggressive at helping others to be the best that they can be. 2.5% of total population.

I came back INFP on 16 personalities as well, this time as INFP-A or "Assertive".

davef
09-11-17, 07:53
https://i.imgur.com/BgMwXWC.png

Took the test again, as they say your results may change over time. Looks like I've become my preferred personality type.

I should've gotten ENTP!!! I'm non comformist and creative but they classified me as INTJ. Ill admit, I'm socially selective and only prefer those who are interesting and open minded. This trait may have had the had the greatest influence on my result.

Juju003
27-05-19, 02:35
Hmm... I’ve taken it a handful of times over a span of a few years and get INFJ every time

Maciamo
09-05-20, 11:28
Took the test again. Borderline INTJ-INTP.

firetown
09-05-20, 14:33
I am still ENTJ.

Farstar
09-05-20, 17:15
Actualized type: INTJ
(who you are)
Intuitive (N) 54.29% Sensing (S) 45.71%
Judging (J) 64.52% Perceiving (P) 35.48%

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

Preferred type: ENTJ
(who you prefer to be)
Extroverted (E) 58.62% Introverted (I) 41.38%
Thinking (T) 54.84% Feeling (F) 45.16%
Judging (J) 63.33% Perceiving (P) 36.67%

Attraction type: INTJ
Intuitive (N) 57.58% Sensing (S) 42.42%
Thinking (T) 55.88% Feeling (F) 44.12%
Judging (J) 66.67% Perceiving (P) 33.33%

Regio X
09-05-20, 17:23
From the other thread about it. ->

Did it and repeated it. INTP.

(https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/36871-What-s-your-MBTI-personality)

Joey37
10-05-20, 15:18
12063 I would have figured this, or INTJ

Angela
10-05-20, 20:12
I'm always INFJ. So far as I know there's only one other person on here who gets it. It's rare over all, I think. Always, as well, the I and N categories are only a little predominant, whereas the F is very high.

firetown
10-05-20, 21:52
I'm always INFJ. So far as I know there's only one other person on here who gets it. It's rare over all, I think. Always, as well, the I and N categories are only a little predominant, whereas the F is very high.
What I would be interested in are the levels of empathy and how they vary based on Myers-Briggs types.