Bird Flu in Asia

Sonian

Reaction score
The bird flu has killed 150 people so far in asian countries. Scientists are worried that if the virus mutates so that it can be spread from human to human there will be a pandemic where 150 million people could die. The US has not done much to stop this, but I wonder what folks in Asian countries (where the deaths have occured) think about this. What do you guys in the JREF community think?

At the moment I am not overly worried. There are too many 'ifs, maybes, could do and mights' flying about. Until someone says something a bit more concrete, then I might take notice. Think 150 people in a popuation of several billion in the region. That is really a small number. I think other diseases kill more in a few weeks, and nobody seems to concerned about them

A second paper in Science reveals another US team has successfully recreated the 1918 virus in mice.

Those bloody beepers! :auch: :angryfire:

Anyway, I stopped right there 'cause I got all angry-like (obviously), so...Yeah. :relief: It was interesting before the cruelty there...-grumbles-

As for the original topic type thing, I hate to say it (again), but these things are NATURAL. They are MEANT to happen. And, unfortunately to say, people have to die so others can survive. Just look at other animals, say...Elk. You kill all the wolves, nothing kills enough of them and their population booms out of control and, then, inevitably, their environment cannot sustain such a mass of animals eating the exact same thing and lots and lots and lots of these animals die. So, basically, either some people die or lots and lots more people die. That's pretty much how it works I'm afraid.

And now...Please don't kill me... :relief:

Did anyone see the drama series Regenesis on Sci Fi channel? That was about the 1918 flu.

I wonder, why is that these new diseases seem to be comin from asia, sars and now the bird flu... there are regions in the world with less considerable sanitary conditions so what do you think?

This bird flu thing is going to be pretty bad. According to a prophecy on this, it can affect the U.S. in the near future. The president has been working on this issue already. I hope things would be fine soon.

This thread has been viewed 7369 times.

Back