Romanian culture and it's language.

GoldCoinLover

Bad at japanese
Reaction score
It's funny how life leads you in unexpected ways. I've always been interested in languages. Always liked japanese (Mainly because huge influences on video games, like SEGA) always hated anime though (I hate the stupid facial animations) and the weird stupid-cute anime style faces with antennas on the right --------->

Also, japanese like to write very, very odd cat mouths. Heck, I can't even reproduce it, and have no clue how they do it. It's like an A (Upside down, and much smaller) inside something . (Weird unteliigble nonexistant kanji goes here) ------------------ <(/A\)> ---------- !!!!!!!!!

It doesn't look like that, mind you, it looks alot weirder. But anyway, getting off track.

Now, I've gotten alot of good information on this forum, and I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this, but here it goes:

I feel like I'm getting alot more critism than good. I won't name anyone..

For example, "You don't know the kana.", "You don't know any kanji.", "You don't know any particles." In fact, I did a quick google site and found this website: http://www.timwerx.net/language/particles.htm

Of course, I haven't mastered this. The only way is paactice, practice, practice, and being in a japanese enviorment helps.

I don't have any books, but I have 40 dollars, I was templating to go out today and get some. But 4 people now (yes 4! thank you everyone, so helpful) are sending me some japanese books. So I don't see a need to.

Yeah I know I'm going to get the response "How dare you say that -- this is one of the most kind helpful forums ever." Amen to that, it is. Just I feel like I'm being singled out. Elizabeth-san especially is very nice, and has even said I have improved (While everyone else, not really)

Also, alot of other people have helped me out alot, for the main part. I guess i Just take things too seriously. From reading maciamos farewell post, maybe I won't make it in japan. Heck, maybe I shouldn't even visist there and forget my dreams of living there. People on here, constantly tell me (Which is very, very annoying and frusterating to me) you don't know anything about japanese culture, you'll be in for a surprise! I warned you!

Sure, I know I don't know alot about it, but I've done my research, and have found massive amounts about it. Just like anything, reading its one thing but going there may be different, and not to have pre-conceived notions is a good thing, but I'm sure I understand at least some of the culture, despite people here saying I don't know much/little of it.

Well, anyway. To make this on topic (which was my orginial intent, it just got out of hand :souka: )

There is this crazy video by a band called Dragons Tei or something. It's romanian. Is anyone here from romanian? I have a friend who is, she knows a little, it's pretty cool. It's a language related to french, sounds really cool.

And I've honestly think now I'm going to study lingquistics in college. The study of the human language is really cool. I just wished people wouldn't doubt me all the time **sigh**.

Anywya, I found a song called 'numa numa.'. There's this crazy guy dancing to his chair, but I didn't care about this. It was featured on CNN.com as the most watched clip of 2005. I didn't find it that funny, but I did find the music and lyrics beautiful! I Wish i could learn french, but Idoubt i could ever speak it, it flows too easily and sounds very difficult! (Wonder if english 'flows' this way?)

The following link is the link that inspired the guy dancing in his chair, and has english and japanese subtitles (Warning: You'll also see freaky looking neko (cat) mouths here. Perhaps it's because the kanji for mouth, looks like a, well, uh, mouth? Heh. :p )

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=8843

Enjoy!

PS: If you're romanian try to translate it, I know the lyrics because of a website..

This is quite an old internet phenomenon...

More information on this can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragostea_din_tei
at the bottom are links to lyrics and translations. There's quite a bit more drama going on between the people who made the original animation and the company who re-released the CD in Japan, but that is not really relevant. Congrats on your newfound passion; linguistics is a very interesting field, my sister is studying speech pathology.

This thread has been viewed 8454 times.

Back