Films & Series TV : R.I.S. Police Scientifique

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I have just found a brand new French TV series showing on France's TF1 and Belgium/Luxembourg's RTL-TVI.

R.I.S. Police Scientifique is a series similar to CSI, but set in Paris, and with more emphasis on sentimental relations within the team than just on crimes. I usually don't like detective stories but I am very enthusiastic about this one.

The plot is well written. It's not the kind of series in which you know the cuplrit from the beginning like Columbo or even CSI. In fact, these are not exceptional investigations or particularily hideous crimes like in CSI, but very ordinary ones (e.g. a girl in a wheelchair who died because she was not able to open the emergency exit door after a fire broke out in a bar, because the bar owner's car was parked in front of it, because thugs had broken in and stolen things twice that month). That is why I like it, as it feels more realistic and more likely to happen to anyone.

They go deep into the main characters' personal life and relationships, like in 24 or E.R., so that it is not just a crime story.

I recommend it to all our French-speakers who can get TF1 (cable or satelite, if you don't live in France) or RTL-TVI. I hope it gets translated into English later on.:cool:

You can see the first 10 minutes of the first episode on TF1's website

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 8198 times.

Back