are we all brainwashed?

sandoro

Reaction score
Ethnic group
caucasian
i would say that we are all brainwashed consciously or not.
noone know them self fully.
we are all influenced by many forces or energy, so whatever we think we are taling about thinking about is a fruit of external influences.
any thought on that?

You wash the thing and a week later it is dirty all over again.

I'm not sure I know what you mean. I guess as a father of two teens, I wish I could brainwash my kids into doing something productive. Half the time I can't get the little one to even bathe without being asked.

I'm an educator- in the broadest sense, the assistant chief brainwasher in our system.

But I think it implies an intent and sense of control that we don't posess.

sabro said:
You wash the thing and a week later it is dirty all over again.
I'm not sure I know what you mean. I guess as a father of two teens, I wish I could brainwash my kids into doing something productive. Half the time I can't get the little one to even bathe without being asked.
I'm an educator- in the broadest sense, the assistant chief brainwasher in our system.
But I think it implies an intent and sense of control that we don't posess.
what i mean is that it does not matter how much we try to influence or brainwash others, (in this case your children) we eventually we are reinfluenced by others.
so when we think we are ready to make our own decisions is never our own, it is a mixture of the society thoughts.
btw how old are your children?
i have 1 of 3 years old, so it is just the beginning for me to brainwash him in the way i think i have been brainwashed in the way i can brainwash him, man what a messy vicious circle!!

It's only brainwashing if it's coercive. Of course, we are influenced by everything we see and hear, but I think calling that brainwashing is going a bit too far for the most part. I think some advertising comes close to brainwashing. And I think there are a lot of influences out there that are negative without having to resort to brainwashing - such as appealing to people's greed.

My kids are 17 and 13. They are great kids but obviously inadequately brain washed. The older one is going to college next year. He won't clean up after himself in the kitchen, but he is doing his own laundry now. The younger is in the habit of breaking expensive things and falling behind in schoolwork. They go to Karate when they are done with schoolwork which is rare these days, but they are definitely coerced. They are not coerced to go to Church, but the never miss. The older one drives himself and helps with media/powerpoint and the younger one has youth group three times a week.

here is an example, they go to church becuase they have been told to go, not because they really beileve that, i used to go long long time ago, but other influences took over the old one, not that going to church is wrong or right, just saying that, we don't really know why we do what we are doing really!!

Are we all brainwashed .... ?

... of course ....!

?W????

I never went to church as a kid... at least after age 6... and asside from getting good grades and staying out of trouble I don't know what else I have to wash through my brain. Perhaps we are brainwashed so well by TV and sitcoms, ads and pop music that we don't even know that we are consumer zombies-- capitalists controlled drones clocking in and out, spending and buying...more and more, never satisfied, never happy, never too mad...keeping the cogs of the big machine going.

sabro said:
I never went to church as a kid... at least after age 6... and asside from getting good grades and staying out of trouble I don't know what else I have to wash through my brain. Perhaps we are brainwashed so well by TV and sitcoms, ads and pop music that we don't even know that we are consumer zombies-- capitalists controlled drones clocking in and out, spending and buying...more and more, never satisfied, never happy, never too mad...keeping the cogs of the big machine going.

yeah man!
you finally got it.
but the problem is we can't do nothing about, it is a vicious circle.
maybe after death, but none knows what happen, after, so let's spend the remaining time on this planet, been brainwashed, and see.

mad pierrot said:
I try to wash my brain with alcohol at least once or twice a week.

sorry but i am very cynic about that,
maybe are just my experiences that blinded me.

sorry but i am very cynic about that,
maybe are just my experiences that blinded me.

Heh, just joking around, amigo! Actually, as much as I love a drop or two, I think alcoholism is a major issue for many gaijin I know here. Maybe it's just because of all the social pressure to drink here.

A Little History Concerning Brainwashing

sandoro said:
are we all brainwashed?

what i mean is that it does not matter how much we try to influence or brainwash others, (in this case your children) we eventually we are reinfluenced by others.
so when we think we are ready to make our own decisions is never our own, it is a mixture of the society thoughts.
Yes we most definitely are brainwashed sandoro. From the time we are born, from TV and books, from our parents, our friends, our teachers, our schools, our universities, our bosses at work, we are all brainwashed to one extent or another and is based on a few elitists concepts on how to control society and form a One World Government and has been in the works for many years now and may even be culminating here in the early 21st century.

Don't believe me? The brainwashing you talk about goes back to the late 15th Century and probably earlier. A few examples from history:

- In 1690 John Locke wrote "Concerning Human Understanding." One of the critical elements of the essay is the belief in the concept that children are tabula rasa, in other words, totally programmable. The idea was immediately taken up by the upper class in Europe and in the United States. It would become a cognitive foundation for the idea of "the emergence of a strong state," in terms of "programming an analytical systems substructure" - the substructure being the children who, under this paradigm, are entities to be possessed and controlled. This paradigm still exists today.

- In 1770 Emile is written by Rousseau and parallels the work of Locke. But Rousseau's work won the attentions of the Prussian Empire (Germans), essentially a synthetic state founded on a religious principle due to the fact the the Prussians were the subject of a religious war and Crusade by the Pope.

- In 1806 Napolean defeats Prussia at the battle of Jena, causing Prussia to realize that their defeat, they believed, was due to soldiers thinking only about themselves during time of stress in battle. Prussia then took the principles set forth by Rousseau and Locke and created a new three-tier educational system. The Prussian philospher Fichte, in his Address to the German People, states that the children will be taken over and told what to think and how to think it.

- In 1819 Prussian law makes education compulsory. The Humboldt brothers, Stein and others, divide German society into three distinct groups which is still in use today:

1. Those who will be policy makers and are taught to think. (The wealthy and elite) (.5%).

2. Those who will be engineers, lawyers, doctors, etc. who are taught to partially think (5.5%).

3. The children of the masses (94%), who were to learn obedience and how to follow orders.

The school of the masses (volkschulen) divided whole ideas into subjects which did not exist previously. The result was that people would

1. Think what someone else told them to think about.

2. When to think it.

3. How long to think about it.

4. When to stop thinking about it.

5. When to think of something else.

This way no one in the masses would know anything about what is really going on. Although it was a great idea at the time, it is inherently negative in its nature and would eventually lead to German mind control paradigms in the late 19th and mid 20th century.

However, the system also weakens, or breaks the link, between the child and the capacity to read (cross-assimilation creating whole ideas) by replacing the alphabet system of teaching reading with a system of teaching sounds, (breaking into smaller units).

The same paradigm relative to reading was injected into US society by the Peabody Foundation, who imposed a northern system of schooling on the U.S. South between 1865 and 1918. The system in the Northern U.S. was (still is) the Prussian system.

If you look at the above 5 principles on teaching the masses what to think one can easily make parallels to today as our own government, as well as the Japanese government, and other major governments of Europe and around the world have been implimenting this same exact concept.

Let's take the tape of Osama Bin Laden that was released by the CIA yesterday. Bush's government has been under constant pressure recently to get our troops out of Iraq. His numbers have been sinking really low. Scandels within his administration, leaks about eavesdropping on our privacy, the Patriot Act taking away our freedoms in order to "fight terrorism", our open borders and illegal immigration, etc. all have been making headlines recently and have been gathering steam. The people are beginning to get restless and beginning to demand change and action. Then BAM! A tape is released by the CIA perporting to be Bin Laden thereby grabbing all the headlines now and taking the focus of the people away from all the scandals and instilling fear into the hearts of the American people who will now think, "We need Bush to fight this monster. The hell with the scandels."

They are telling us what to think about now, how long we should think about it (just watch the news) and they will tell us when to stop thinking about it. They are, in effect, forcing the masses to think about something other than the scandels and what other easier way to do it than bring up Bin Laden which, just his name, strikes fear into most Americans. And probably 94% of Americans fall for it because that is the way they were taught. If the government and news says it's so then it's true.

Blair in England has also been under fire recently then BAM! headlines about an attempted kidnapping of his son.

Isn't it kind of weird that in the past the CIA needed 36-48 hrs to confirm that a voice on a tape was Bin Laden and this time they did it in 12 hrs? If Bin Laden is alive I am absolutely positive he would be making video tapes and referring to recent headlines and incidents to prove he's alive. Funny in that over three years he has done neither. Instead we get "bad tapes on ancient equipment" and are told it is because he doesn't want to give his whereabouts away with electronic stamps. IMO he is dead, killed early on and they are just using him to strike fear into Americans whenever the need arises. Brilliant! Genius. And it works as was planned way back in the 15th century.

Still think the majority of people are not brainwashed?

I will continue more on a History of Brainwashing next time.

Starbucks has convinced me that a cup of coffee at $4.00 is reasonable.

" In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. " :blush: - Whether it is necessary to be surprised to what the information which perceives a society - a subject of so steadfast attention?... But whether here " this information washes out brains whether or not " to tell unequivocally it is impossible... It the real influences us, but also "Life" influences too... And sometimes " Revelations of the Life " sobering enough... If to not tell - destroying...
The Example to this can be the same "Soviet Union" - as ideologists tried there, but day when people, in the majority, it is simple has come and people more did not trust... And the youth which in the whole days at schools " filled some ideas their "brains" " to live began simply the culture... And the Universe did not remain indifferent - in the youth environment informal leaders who have made the protest through songs and style of a life have appeared - and this " the terrible machine of the state " itself has caught it " greatness of the Word " ?y " the Soviet union " has silently left on "is present"... It was in the eightieth.. .. America to this day thinks (?), that disorder of "Union" its this achievement, but in realities, "Union" has collapsed itself - under press of "him ideas"... The Person cannot long bear " so excessive burden ", as "idea", instead of a reality of a life... He wants to live simply...

mad pierrot said:
Heh, just joking around, amigo! Actually, as much as I love a drop or two, I think alcoholism is a major issue for many gaijin I know here. Maybe it's just because of all the social pressure to drink here.

yes it is the pessure.
and i drink a huge amount of wine my self, and smoke too.
i am ok with that though.

Pachipro said:
Yes we most definitely are brainwashed sandoro. From the time we are born, from TV and books, from our parents, our friends, our teachers, our schools, our universities, our bosses at work, we are all brainwashed to one extent or another and is based on a few elitists concepts on how to control society and form a One World Government and has been in the works for many years now and may even be culminating here in the early 21st century.
Don't believe me? The brainwashing you talk about goes back to the late 15th Century and probably earlier. A few examples from history:
- In 1690 John Locke wrote "Concerning Human Understanding." One of the critical elements of the essay is the belief in the concept that children are tabula rasa, in other words, totally programmable. The idea was immediately taken up by the upper class in Europe and in the United States. It would become a cognitive foundation for the idea of "the emergence of a strong state," in terms of "programming an analytical systems substructure" - the substructure being the children who, under this paradigm, are entities to be possessed and controlled. This paradigm still exists today.
- In 1770 Emile is written by Rousseau and parallels the work of Locke. But Rousseau's work won the attentions of the Prussian Empire (Germans), essentially a synthetic state founded on a religious principle due to the fact the the Prussians were the subject of a religious war and Crusade by the Pope.
- In 1806 Napolean defeats Prussia at the battle of Jena, causing Prussia to realize that their defeat, they believed, was due to soldiers thinking only about themselves during time of stress in battle. Prussia then took the principles set forth by Rousseau and Locke and created a new three-tier educational system. The Prussian philospher Fichte, in his Address to the German People, states that the children will be taken over and told what to think and how to think it.
- In 1819 Prussian law makes education compulsory. The Humboldt brothers, Stein and others, divide German society into three distinct groups which is still in use today:
1. Those who will be policy makers and are taught to think. (The wealthy and elite) (.5%).
2. Those who will be engineers, lawyers, doctors, etc. who are taught to partially think (5.5%).
3. The children of the masses (94%), who were to learn obedience and how to follow orders.
The school of the masses (volkschulen) divided whole ideas into subjects which did not exist previously. The result was that people would
1. Think what someone else told them to think about.
2. When to think it.
3. How long to think about it.
4. When to stop thinking about it.
5. When to think of something else.
This way no one in the masses would know anything about what is really going on. Although it was a great idea at the time, it is inherently negative in its nature and would eventually lead to German mind control paradigms in the late 19th and mid 20th century.
However, the system also weakens, or breaks the link, between the child and the capacity to read (cross-assimilation creating whole ideas) by replacing the alphabet system of teaching reading with a system of teaching sounds, (breaking into smaller units).
The same paradigm relative to reading was injected into US society by the Peabody Foundation, who imposed a northern system of schooling on the U.S. South between 1865 and 1918. The system in the Northern U.S. was (still is) the Prussian system.
If you look at the above 5 principles on teaching the masses what to think one can easily make parallels to today as our own government, as well as the Japanese government, and other major governments of Europe and around the world have been implimenting this same exact concept.
Let's take the tape of Osama Bin Laden that was released by the CIA yesterday. Bush's government has been under constant pressure recently to get our troops out of Iraq. His numbers have been sinking really low. Scandels within his administration, leaks about eavesdropping on our privacy, the Patriot Act taking away our freedoms in order to "fight terrorism", our open borders and illegal immigration, etc. all have been making headlines recently and have been gathering steam. The people are beginning to get restless and beginning to demand change and action. Then BAM! A tape is released by the CIA perporting to be Bin Laden thereby grabbing all the headlines now and taking the focus of the people away from all the scandals and instilling fear into the hearts of the American people who will now think, "We need Bush to fight this monster. The hell with the scandels."
They are telling us what to think about now, how long we should think about it (just watch the news) and they will tell us when to stop thinking about it. They are, in effect, forcing the masses to think about something other than the scandels and what other easier way to do it than bring up Bin Laden which, just his name, strikes fear into most Americans. And probably 94% of Americans fall for it because that is the way they were taught. If the government and news says it's so then it's true.
Blair in England has also been under fire recently then BAM! headlines about an attempted kidnapping of his son.
Isn't it kind of weird that in the past the CIA needed 36-48 hrs to confirm that a voice on a tape was Bin Laden and this time they did it in 12 hrs? If Bin Laden is alive I am absolutely positive he would be making video tapes and referring to recent headlines and incidents to prove he's alive. Funny in that over three years he has done neither. Instead we get "bad tapes on ancient equipment" and are told it is because he doesn't want to give his whereabouts away with electronic stamps. IMO he is dead, killed early on and they are just using him to strike fear into Americans whenever the need arises. Brilliant! Genius. And it works as was planned way back in the 15th century.
Still think the majority of people are not brainwashed?
I will continue more on a History of Brainwashing next time.

so here you are,
now we try to brainwash our self, to not brainwash our self.
there is not a way out.
hopefuly when we did, the cycle will stop.

Kinsao said:
I wash my brain occasionally, but it's damn hard work - it's so filthy. :D

you think it's cleaned!!
there is no any substance in the market that really does the job, but is better than nothing.

This thread has been viewed 20904 times.

Back