Why do guys shave legs??

momo

Reaction score

I've never seen guys with shaved legs in Japan, so I was very surprised when I saw them in America.
Not everybody, but some of them do shave their legs.
Please tell me why they do it.. and girls, I would like to know what you think about these guys.

Thanks! :wave:

i dont shave my legs, but i have seen some other guys who did and when questioned, these high school kids answered that they were in football and they taped their legs regularly and shaved to keep the tape from ripping out their leg hairs. though some of them also shaved their armpits and i dont don think they get their armpits taped ...ever. so i personally think they like feeling all soft and girlie. i wonder how girls feel about that, since they are meant to be the soft ones.

Anyway their hairs are going to grow stronger after shaving, so they won't look girlies anymore (more like gorillas :D )

I think it's just plain weird and I wouldn't go for it... :p I just think there's something really strange about men shaving their body hair (face excluded).

kirei_na_me said:
I think it's just plain weird and I wouldn't go for it... :p I just think there's something really strange about men shaving their body hair (face excluded).

Guys shaving their legs? I'm sure there is a rainbow in the picture.

The media affects the image men have of their bodies just as much as it does to females. When was the last time you saw a hairy chest proudly displayed on prime time TV? 80?fs? (Robin Williams doesn?ft count, he is a hairy beast and no amount of waxing would help him!) :shock: Hollywood has determined less hairy is more sexy and Momo is seeing the result for better or worse.

I guess men in the US shaving their legs is about the same type of thing as Japanese boys shaping their eyebrows and buying facial products. Both are kind of weird IMHO. Women complain so much about shaving their legs I cannot imagine why anyone would voluntarily undertake such a task!
:mad:

How do you think rainbowlovers get their lisp when speaking? Soon as they wax their sack hair off... :evil: ...too vivid...

out of curiousity how much faster does a shaved person run than a hairy one? is it in a measureable amount of time like 2 minutes and 14 seconds, or some totolly abstract amount like 72 nanoseconds? beucase if its that latter it seems like an awful lot of effort for a small amount of 'payoff'. why not just go get some spandex?

That's a..... really.....interesting question... .......that of which I don't have an answer for... Good Luck!

Personally, I don't know any guys that shave their legs. That's really strange to me... I mean, I can see the sports thing, now that it's mentioned... but I don't know anyone that does it. I have seen guys do it because they lost a bet though, and that was only once. :laughs: That's all I can come up with ...

I've just come back from school.
I walked like 10 mins in school, and I saw 2 guys with shaved legs!! One was a normal student and the other one was a security guy in a library. I guess it's easier to notice these guys in Arizona, because it's so hot and a lot of guys are wearing short pants. Don't you have friends who shave their legs?? is this only "Arizona" thing then?
I just can't imagine guys shaving legs in a bathroom~!? :shock:

Yeah, like Mandylion san said, in Japan there are guys shaping their eyebrows. So, i guess it's not really surprising.. :blush:
as long as they don't do it in front of me, it's ok.... i guess. :D

I work with someone who shaves ALL his body hair (I'll skip the gory details). He's between 45-50 years old and has a hunchback and no chin, so on the basis of that evidence I'd have to say that blokes who shave their legs are messed-up freakish mutants . . . a bit like the majority of British postal workers.

eimik said:
people who do sports do.
swimming, running, and yadda yadda

hair=friction.

That's sorta true. However, I'm sure that guys have their reasons for shaving. I'm a girl, so I don't know why. However, I assumed that guys shave so they can have HAIRLESS SEXY LEGS! LOL Can you say, "I'm too sexy for my legs?"

Or...

Maybe they want to feel girly. ;)

~For all you guys out there that object, don't kill me! I'm just a girl! Wah!

This thread has been viewed 47493 times.

Back