How do you eat your spaghetti ?

• Total voters

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
As it came up in the tabla manners thread, I am interested to know how you guys eat your spaghetti. I most usually use a fork and spoon, and occasionally only a fork.

Good lord. Whatever will j-ref come up with next?! :souka: :D

I use a fork, twirl not cut, and occasionally a knife to push stray ends into place. :liplick:

I'm a twirler as well, though occasionally I'll get carried away in a style reminiscent of an I Love Lucy episode.

The spoon is only brought into play at a nice restaurant, and even then I find msyelf using it reluctantly.

I cut my spaghetti and eat it with only a fork

When there is meat to cut, like chicken permesean or sausages, I use a knife, but mostly I only use a fork and twirl my spaghetti.

When I was in Japan, I used to use a spoon when the sauce had a lot of liquid in it to not splatter because I heard that was the proper manner.

I've seen a person who cut his spaghetti into a bite size with a knife and ate it with a fork in US.

I normally eat spaghetti with a fork, but it depends on what's in it (i.e. meatballs, sausage, etc.).

I only use a fork.

Gosh, this thread made me think of a documentary film I saw when I was a kid of the Italian spaghetti harvesters picking the spaghetti off the trees in Northern Italy.

Last edited:
I mainly use a fork, but sometimes I have been known to put it on some toast and make a sandwich.

This is a strange thread, but...

I usually eat spaghetti with just a fork. Sometimes with the help of a spoon. If I have no choice, I'll use chopsticks, but as I am in the habit of slurping noodles that enter my mouth via chopsticks, it can make for a bit of a mess, so I really try to avoid it!

If there is extra sauce after the noodles are gone, I'll use a spoon without exception to finish it off!

I'm a fork man too! Half the fun of eating spaghetti is twirling it on your fork before shoveling it in your mouth!

:cool:

I eat mine with fork and spoon, but my husband eats them with knife and fork.

With a for and a spoon :)

With a fork.

And, I like to spend about thirty seconds before eating cutting it with a fork so that all my speghetti isn`t long flipping around on the fork splattering sauce as I twirl it. Sometimes I dice it too much and have to use my fork to scoop it up.

I also feel unfullfilled if I don`t have garlic bread to go with my spaghetti. But, I hate it when my wife eats garlic bread because I can notice it on her breath. Oh, and a glass of red wine is always nice with spaghetti.

In recent weeks I`ve begun adding a lot of Tobasco Sauce to my spaghetti when I choose to eat it with traditional tomato spaghetti sauce.

Does anyone else put Tobasco on their spaghetti? or has ever tried it?

I have to say I like the extra "zing" it adds.

I found out that according to the Neapolitan habit, eating spaghetti with a fork and a spoon is perfectly polite, though not all Italian use a spoon.

Indeed,,, i haven't encountered the spoon thing so much.. i just use a fork myself and twirl it around...yum yum..spaghetti in my view is easier to eat than noodles

This thread has been viewed 28505 times.

Back