What is the best food in Europe?

No-name

Banned
Reaction score
What is there to eat around here? Is there anything as good as a California Roll or a Garlic chicken pizza with avacado? Anything better than a Pastrami and Fries from the Hat?

Europe has the biggest variety of food of any region of that size in the world. It would take too long to list all the different kinds of food for every country... French, Belgian and Italian cuisines are supposedly the best in Europe.

What is, in your opinion, the best place to eat in Europe?

We don't have "Belgian Food" in the US per se... No real restaurants that specifically serve it, although I am understanding that deep frying- what we call "French frying" is actually a Belgian innovation but that Belgian waffles are not.

Many of the ethnic dishes we serve in the US, like burritos, Pizza, and Chow Mein and Fortune cookies have distinct American itterations or origins.

sabro said:
What is, in your opinion, the best place to eat in Europe?
According to the Economist, one of the best places to eat in Europe now is San Sebastian in the North of Spain (Basque Country).

Paris has long been regarded as the capital of gourmet eating in the world. The Michelin Restaurant Guide may not be flawless, but it is probably the most authoritative restaurant guide for Europe (NB : you have to register for free to see the restaurant listings and reviews). Any restaurant awarded a 'star' is an amazing culinary experience in itself. Belgian, Luxembourg and Switzerland all three have more "stars per capita" than France, so I guess that they could be considered as some of the best countries to eat in Europe.

sabro said:
What is there to eat around here? Is there anything as good as a California Roll or a Garlic chicken pizza with avacado? Anything better than a Pastrami and Fries from the Hat?
Europeans don't really eat much fast foods, the amount of fast-food restaurants are less than what?fs available in the U.S. The taste of food is also different. American foods are big in quantity, European food's servings are smaller, with many courses and they are more traditional and very fussy on so called refined taste. they take a long time to prepare.

Japanese restaurants are not common in France. Chinese foods here don?ft taste like the Chinese food I am used to. My husband said the none of the dishes I cook at home is ever found in the Chinese restaurants here, he says Chinese foods in France is no good, he prefers my Chinese food. I am asked to make Chinese food for his colleagues to try next week.:blush:

I never saw garlic chicken pizza with avocado as a flavour here in Europe. People here prefer traditional flavours with meat, herbs and spices, traditional wood oven pizzas, with traditional toppings.

French fries which I called chips are not eaten with catch up but with mayo or mussels in France. Europeans like their coffee in traditional small cups, that?fs why star bucks are for tourists (not counting UK).

If you ever have to chance to go to a super or hypermarket in France you would find all the products are in smaller sizes than in the U.S. They are also smaller than Australia's sizes, but I think US's sizes are the biggest.

starbucks adjusted to austria... it serves coffee in real mugs ^^ austria has a looong tradition of coffehouses... you sit down, enjoy your cup and read the newspaper, talk to someone, work... but its definitely not something done fast... so in the beginning noone really went to starbucks...
also in austria at mcdonalds we used to have real breaded (!) chicken nuggets... not that beer batter stuff... but they changed it recently... *sulks*
oh right... good food... europe... uhm... I really think it depends on the restaurant... But as a ground rule... if you want to eat something typically [insert country here]... eat it in the country ;) So if you want to eat a Wiener Schnitzel (I just saw that there's a Hot Dog chain with that name... *shocked*)... come to Austria ^-^

schnitzel.jpg

English and French cheeses and German sausages.

Europe has the best food in the world!

French, Belgian and Italian cuisines are supposedly the best in Europe.

I'm well aware about the exquisiteness of the french and italian food, but I've never heard about the belgian food being hailed as one of the best in Europe in my entire life.

Personally, I choose the italian and the chinese food.

Greetings.

The best judge of international cuisine is someone uprooted, someone who had traveled the world and that her mother cooks fatal, that is completely objective in assessing the kitchen of each country or continent, because in the end everyone prefers the kitchen of his mother or grandmother, both of his people.

The best judge of international cuisine is someone uprooted, someone who had traveled the world and that her mother cooks fatal, that is completely objective in assessing the kitchen of each country or continent, because in the end everyone prefers the kitchen of his mother or grandmother, both of his people.

Great post. Thanks for that comment. I agree with you. Every person wherever he/she travels in the end of the traveling he/she needs mother's dish and meal. The most delicious dish is cooked by our mothers. (y)

From my limited experience in Europe I liked the food everyplace except England. Italy was my favorite place to eat, great food.

Great post. Thanks for that comment. I agree with you. Every person wherever he/she travels in the end of the traveling he/she needs mother's dish and meal. The most delicious dish is cooked by our mothers. (y)

Muchas gracias.

Wait a minute, my wife cooks better than my mother.

I have been in a lot of European countries, and tried the food and drinks everywhere.

First place: Italy. Outstanding.

Second place: Spain. Delicious.

Third place: France. Taste is good, but you leave the restaurant and still are hungry.

Really bad kitchen: Great Britain.

Bad kitchen: Germany. One exemption is "Bratwurst mit senf" on German bread with a glass of Pilsner.

Belgium has a lot of good restaurants, but they serve a lot of European dishes. Luxemburg does the same, but the restaurants are expensive and poche. Anyway.. Luxemburg is like Switzerland one of the dullest countries in Europe.

In The Netherlands you can find any restaurant from all over the world.
So the Dutch like fusion cooking.

This thread has been viewed 70075 times.

Back