Seasonal Member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Asian
Y-DNA haplogroup
I am human
mtDNA haplogroup
I am human
The latest studies indicate that what people really, really want is a mate that looks like their parents. Women are after a man who is like their father and men want to be able to see their own mother in the woman of their dreams.

At the University of St Andrews in Scotland, cognitive psychologist David Perrett studies what makes faces attractive. He has developed a computerised morphing system that can endlessly adjust faces to suit his needs.

Students in his experiments are left to decide which face they fancy the most. Perrett has taken images of students' own faces and morphed them into the opposite sex. Of all the faces on offer, this seems to be the face that subject will always prefer. They can't recognize it as their own, they just know they like it.

Perrett suggests that we find our own faces attractive because they remind us of the faces we looked at constantly in our early childhood years - Mum and Dad. Even the pheromone studies are now showing a preference for our parents' characteristics.

After reading http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/love/attraction.shtm I wonder those of you who are couples do your Significant Other look like you?

I find that I am attracted to a man who has an oval face, pointy chin, not small eyes but medium to big eyes, and tall and not fat, prefer thin to medium. Such a look is unlike what I look like (round face, big eyes for single eye lid Asian standards although my eyes turned double after the application of mascara it forces my eye lid to fold for some reason.)

I am busted and curvy for Asian I think I look quite unique for my ethnic group. When I go to clothes shopping I have trouble with the bust section even with European design clothes, with Asian clothes I simply cannot wear it. So I think I would now wear non padded bra to give my bust section that 2 extra cm since the next size up it too big for my waist section and hip section.

I look nothing like my husband. I am petite and and he is quite a tall large build man. My mother in law is a busted women though?c

In my case only proves to be true about " east soul " .??? parents - the European appearance, the first real interest, to me was then years 11, the girl with " narrow eyes " has caused... And now - I like " the Japanese and Korean women "...

That's pretty interesting... I haven't really thought about that before! You always first think about things like eye colour, body strcture and whatnot, not the face as such.

Maybe from now on, it'll be so much easier to answer when someone asks what's your type: "Well, basically someone who looks a lot like me." :relief:

PRIZMATIC said:
In my case only proves to be true about " east soul " .??G parents - the European appearance, the first real interest, to me was then years 11, the girl with " narrow eyes " has caused... And now - I like " the Japanese and Korean women "...

"Narrow eyes" huh? Taiwanese, Hongkese, Mainland Chinese, Vietnamese, some Thais also have narrow eyes...:p But the overall facial structures and skin colours are not the same within all these East Asian and South East Asian ethnic groups. However, there are some that are difficult to tell though.

Last edited:
I can't imagine finding someone who looked like me attractive! :souka: I rather find a good-looking man! o_O

Thinking about it, I suppose I do tend to be attracted to guys who look a bit like my Dad, in that I have tended to go out with dark-haired guys who are a tiny bit on the skinny side. That's where the resemblance ends, though - I can do without the sticking-out ears! :D Seriously, any 'type' can be attractive... hair colour and eye colour does not matter to me at all, neither does skin colour, and I certainly don't go actively seeking out a person with certain characteristics. I find attractiveness more in overall things, such as bone structure and body language. :) (Oh, and I don't like guys to be too thin, because that makes me feel big and clumsy by comparision! :bluush: )

This thread has been viewed 7866 times.

Back