PDA

View Full Version : What is your almamater?

Mitsuo
30-11-06, 02:30
What college or university have you attended or are you attending? Also, what was your reason for attending that school?

How prestigious is it?

Mitsuo
30-11-06, 02:43
Right now I go to Weber State University. I am Majoring in Zoology and Minoring in Business.

The reason for my Zoology major is due to my ambition to become an Opthalmologist. At WSU, they don't have a program in which I can declare my major as Optometry, so I must declare it within a medical program. Thus, me having to attend the University of Utah for that, which I will next fall.

The reason for my Business minor is for a fall back, mainly, and potentially create a business based on my opthalmology career.
WSU, the school that I'm attending now, is prestigious in their business and automotive programs. The school that I will later attend (the U of U, most prestigious university in Utah) is based more around the medical field, and many other programs, as well as business.

I expect to finish my schooling and residency in about 7-8 more years.

Truth be told
08-04-10, 22:41
iam attending the university of Sultan Qaboos, the first university at oman. It accepts only good students. iam studying at the faculty of education, english major

Cambrius (The Red)
12-04-10, 22:28
I have three: Amherst College, Columbia University and Brown University.

Wilhelm
16-04-10, 20:36
Im studying computer engineering

Gwyllgi
17-04-10, 08:21
Cambridge.

Reason? They'd have me, also good catering.

(But all MANY years ago!)

Prestige? Infamy more like!

Porphyrogenita
01-09-10, 04:55
I've got two. The University of Michigan - Ann Arbor and The University of Chicago. I studied Anthropology at Michigan. They have arguably the #1 ranked Anthro department. Chicago is Michigan's biggest rival for the #1 spot in Anthro. That's why I applied there. I ended up studying a different social science, but it was a good time anyway lol

Michigan is called a "public Ivy," which is the name given to a few highly ranked/prestigious public universities in the US. Chicago is always ranked in the top ten, although less publicly recognized than the others in the top ten. (Although they had a 40% increase in applicants this past year, so that's changing) Both Michigan and Chicago are well respected among academics and high level government officials.

Aside from their academic strength, I applied to these universities because I lived in Michigan at the time and wanted to stay close to family.

Chris
01-09-10, 21:50
Lancaster University Management School (MBA). It's up there in the rankings, hence choosing their programme.

dmdiannemorales
30-11-10, 04:39
Liceo de Cagayan University (BSIT)

Sirius2b
20-02-11, 06:52
Well, I graduated from the ITESM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monterrey_Institute_of_Technology_and_Higher_Educa tion

Somehow prestigious institute in Mexico... Very popular among the business community, for its - as usual with private Educ. in Mexico - anticommunist stance.

(Which doesnt prevent that you could learn about it later, as in my case :laughing: )

Right know, I want to enter here...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pBYG-kS1jBM/TC0ggza3cLI/AAAAAAAAEwE/_wQ8Ku4cKhs/s1600/UNAM.jpg

julia90
22-02-11, 00:38
I have a high school leaving qualifications in "Liceo Scientifico" high school (a secondary school focusing on sciences)
Now at university i'm studying Business Economics.

Orchid
25-03-11, 15:32
University of Silesia in Katowice, nice school in nice city :) .

Riccardo
25-03-11, 17:47
I have a high school leaving qualifications in "Liceo Scientifico" high school (a secondary school focusing on sciences)
Now at university i'm studying Business Economics.

Great! Do you study in Firenze?

I studied in Liceo Classico (a scondary school focusing on literary subjects and languages).
I took a degree in Politics.
Now I'm taking a master in International Relationship (really interesting).

Asim
14-09-11, 10:37
to get the knowledge of new things. so i join college..

Nada noor
02-09-14, 13:45
There are 2 definitions I know of. Basically the school you graduated from, like your hometown school, such as, ambridge high school is my alma mater. It is also a school song.

Shannon1122
21-02-15, 13:01
I was Brisbane University of Finance and it was such nice those days that belong so many memorable days.

Shannon1122
17-03-15, 13:40
I was Brisbane University (http://www.womo.com.au/reviews/Crowd-Control-Systems-Kenmore-East/) of Finance and it was such nice those days that belong so many memorable days.
Where is other's influences.

Lamonica Detweiler
07-10-15, 07:45
I studied at University of the Philippines.