What is your almamater?

Mitsuo

The Great
Reaction score

What college or university have you attended or are you attending? Also, what was your reason for attending that school?

How prestigious is it?

Right now I go to Weber State University. I am Majoring in Zoology and Minoring in Business.

The reason for my Zoology major is due to my ambition to become an Opthalmologist. At WSU, they don't have a program in which I can declare my major as Optometry, so I must declare it within a medical program. Thus, me having to attend the University of Utah for that, which I will next fall.

The reason for my Business minor is for a fall back, mainly, and potentially create a business based on my opthalmology career.
WSU, the school that I'm attending now, is prestigious in their business and automotive programs. The school that I will later attend (the U of U, most prestigious university in Utah) is based more around the medical field, and many other programs, as well as business.

I expect to finish my schooling and residency in about 7-8 more years.

iam attending the university of Sultan Qaboos, the first university at oman. It accepts only good students. iam studying at the faculty of education, english major

I have three: Amherst College, Columbia University and Brown University.

Im studying computer engineering

Cambridge.

Reason? They'd have me, also good catering.

(But all MANY years ago!)

Prestige? Infamy more like!

I've got two. The University of Michigan - Ann Arbor and The University of Chicago. I studied Anthropology at Michigan. They have arguably the #1 ranked Anthro department. Chicago is Michigan's biggest rival for the #1 spot in Anthro. That's why I applied there. I ended up studying a different social science, but it was a good time anyway lol

Michigan is called a "public Ivy," which is the name given to a few highly ranked/prestigious public universities in the US. Chicago is always ranked in the top ten, although less publicly recognized than the others in the top ten. (Although they had a 40% increase in applicants this past year, so that's changing) Both Michigan and Chicago are well respected among academics and high level government officials.

Aside from their academic strength, I applied to these universities because I lived in Michigan at the time and wanted to stay close to family.

Lancaster University Management School (MBA). It's up there in the rankings, hence choosing their programme.

Well, I graduated from the ITESM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monterrey_Institute_of_Technology_and_Higher_Education

Somehow prestigious institute in Mexico... Very popular among the business community, for its - as usual with private Educ. in Mexico - anticommunist stance.

(Which doesnt prevent that you could learn about it later, as in my case :LOL: )

Right know, I want to enter here...

UNAM.jpg

I have a high school leaving qualifications in "Liceo Scientifico" high school (a secondary school focusing on sciences)
Now at university i'm studying Business Economics.

I have a high school leaving qualifications in "Liceo Scientifico" high school (a secondary school focusing on sciences)
Now at university i'm studying Business Economics.

Great! Do you study in Firenze?

I studied in Liceo Classico (a scondary school focusing on literary subjects and languages).
I took a degree in Politics.
Now I'm taking a master in International Relationship (really interesting).

to get the knowledge of new things. so i join college..

There are 2 definitions I know of. Basically the school you graduated from, like your hometown school, such as, ambridge high school is my alma mater. It is also a school song.

I was Brisbane University of Finance and it was such nice those days that belong so many memorable days.

This thread has been viewed 16574 times.

Back