Literature About Shakespeare

wordnote

Reaction score
Shakespeare as a playwright is distinguished in his every work with his amazing creative power. As for me, I would advantage "Hamlet". The main character of the work is rebellious. He wants to break the wall raised between men as "Pink Floyd" says. Though he seems to know from the very beginning that he is sacrificed. Despite his desperation he did not get used to the evil reigning around him. Hamlet knows that he cannot alter men but, anyway, his honest soul cannot be silent. He seems to display some closeness to Don Kihot a great as well hero of Cervantes.

I sometimes wonder if Shakespeare intended to have so much symbolism and intricate personality flaws with his characters. Is this something he thought about prior to writing, or in the age of enlightenment have we just looked deeper into these things than was ever meant to be? In school, you learn about Romeo and Juliet and how in love they were and how tragic it all was, but isn't it just another story about puberty? Geez, when I was fifteen I did everything I could to piss my father off, even if it meant "loving" someone who,today, I wouldn't look twice at.

No doubt ol' Willy was a master of his craft, but does anyone else feel that playwrites and poets since have been shafted?

I sometimes wonder if Shakespeare intended to have so much symbolism and intricate personality flaws with his characters. Is this something he thought about prior to writing, or in the age of enlightenment have we just looked deeper into these things than was ever meant to be? In school, you learn about Romeo and Juliet and how in love they were and how tragic it all was, but isn't it just another story about puberty? Geez, when I was fifteen I did everything I could to piss my father off, even if it meant "loving" someone who,today, I wouldn't look twice at.
No doubt ol' Willy was a master of his craft, but does anyone else feel that playwrites and poets since have been shafted?

I agree with you. I doubt that Shakespeare had carefully planned the personality of all his characters. Most of it just came naturally from observing people in real life, so it was probably more of an unconscious process.

The greatness of Shakespeare is that he broke from the tradition in the ?gwriting industry?h at that time. Before Shakespeare, all stories were written to teach moral lessons, which could be quite boring. In contrast, Shakespeare freely wrote about love, life, or fantasy without moral judgment. The public loved his new style of writing.

Some of his stories may seem mundane now, but not in those days.

That is a piece of information I picked up from a TV quiz show, so it can be quite wrong. :relief:

I just want to pass few comments on William Shakespeare that the poetry and all the creation of Mr. Shakespeare can bring the revolution in your self,in your surroundings and also in your personality.

Imo, Shakespeare is over-rated and his work usually leaves me cross-eyed with boredom.

But that is just personal taste, his greatest sin (imo) is the historical inaccuracies in some of his work which, unfortunately, are still believed as fact to this day.

Richard III is one classic example of the twisting of historical fact to sensationalise a story line, Shakespeare was really only the early version of Hollywood.

I simply and purely love 'a lover's complaint' - it is love in its purest way and every time I read the lines out loud to myself (which is mostly once a month) I get chills because it moves me so much. He was definitely a true artist and he was one of the biggest influences on literature and its development.

If playwrights and poets feel shafted in Shakespeare's shadow as abbyllw states, might not all classical composers also feel shafted in the long shadow cast by Mozart?

a lot of shakepeare's italian plays, like, romeo and juliet, othello, two gentelmen from verona etc etc was copied by him from previous writers, like Luigi da Porto wrote romeo and juliet nearly 100 years before shakepeare.

its just that the English where very good at 'advertising" their material

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi_Da_Porto

Shakespeare's genius

Shakespeare's genius lay for comedy and humour. In tragedy he appears quite out of his element.

This thread has been viewed 13695 times.

Back