Asleep?

Miss Marple's nephew

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Humanoid
It's very quiet on Eupedia. TOO quiet! :redface:

Has it always been like this or did the members fall asleep or drift off to some other location? :confused:

It's very quiet on Eupedia. TOO quiet! :redface:

Has it always been like this or did the members fall asleep or drift off to some other location? :confused:
Tell me about it. Im new here and there is like 1k members so were are they all :? Ive seen louds of 1 posters since ive been here maybe thats it..

There is a bit of history behind Eupedia. Several years ago it was part of Jref, a Japanese forum (the link is at the top under the banner). Due to its subjects and other matters which are now water under he bridge, Eupedia split from Jref to form a sister site instead of being part of Jref. Some members did post on here for a while, but the main reason for them joining originally was to be part of Jref.

If you look back you will see that older members have an account here as well as Jref, myself included. As most stayed on Jref the traffic here dropped down to only a few posters. As I as already a mod on Jref, Maciamo (the admin), kept me as a mod here. As time has past new members have joined and slowly the traffic has gone up.

We also had a problem with multiple spammers at one point, which didn't help matters. Thankfully we have managed to cut down on that, but we still get the odd baka spammer.

..... We also had a problem with multiple spammers at one point, which didn't help matters. Thankfully we have managed to cut down on that ....
Yes, I'm thankful for that but it makes me wonder if "multiple spammers" make up the bulk of most other discussion forums, the consequence of getting rid of them being low membership by shear mathematics! I hope that turn out at Eupedia will pick up without them. They are such a bore.

... Im new here and there is like 1k members so were are they all :? Ive seen louds of 1 posters since ive been here maybe thats it..
I'm new myself and I'm not very keen on Japan so I'll stay here and hope for the best. :)

Yes, I'm thankful for that but it makes me wonder if "multiple spammers" make up the bulk of most other discussion forums, the consequence of getting rid of them being low membership by shear mathematics! I hope that turn out at Eupedia will pick up without them. They are such a bore.
Not really. Most of them are chinese or russian spam bots and get dealt with fairly quickly, plus extra sercurity on signing up helps cut down on them. All forums will suffer from this. I've seen the same name pop up on more than one forum as I go around. It all depends on the staff. Bigger sites have more staff to deal with them, so overall spammers don't have enough time to really affect the total membership numbers.

Another reason for the numbers is that some people will lurk and others only come here looking for something specific, so never post and never return after their initial joining.

This thread has been viewed 8171 times.

Back