strains and haplogroups

motatalea

Reaction score
1-There is a main germanic haplogroup called R1b U106.I have read in wikipedia that it has a percent of about 21% in England and 17.1% in denmark ,please i want to know What about its perscent in sweden and Norway?

2-Is it U106 which has been associated of halstatt and la Tene cultures in europe and scandinavia or it is another clade of R1b?

3-What is the Uralic finno-ugric strain? Is it represented by N1c haplogroup only or by both N1c and Q? and if Q is envolved ,What is the subclade of haplogroup Q that is considered Ugric ?

1-There is a main germanic haplogroup called R1b U106.I have read in wikipedia that it has a percent of about 21% in England and 17.1% in denmark ,please i want to know What about its perscent in sweden and Norway?

There are no reliable statistics for Sweden and Norway now, but my guess would be about 20-25% of all R1b, so about 5 to 7% of the population.

Scandinavia also has L21 and U152. Over half of all Norwegian and Swedish R1b belongs to undetermined clades of R1b1b2. It is possible that a new Scandinavian subclade will be discovered soon to fill the gap.

2-Is it U106 which has been associated of halstatt and la Tene cultures in europe and scandinavia or it is another clade of R1b?

U152 is the one most associated with the Hallstatt and La Tène cultures. U106 is most common in the northern Netherlands (Frisia) and North-West Germany.

3-What is the Uralic finno-ugric strain? Is it represented by N1c haplogroup only or by both N1c and Q? and if Q is envolved ,What is the subclade of haplogroup Q that is considered Ugric ?

N1c is the Uralo-Finnic haplogroup par excellence. Q is found a bit everywhere in Central Asia, from Iran and Afghanistan to Siberia and Mongolia. It is not Uralo-Finnic.

Modern Hungarian people belong to a wide variety of haplogroups, but 95% of them are typically European and do not include N1c. The Huns may have been a mixture of Q, R1a and G people. Q is definitely higher in Hungary (and Ukraine) than in other European countries. As R1a is so widespread, it's hard to say. G is also found everywhere in Europe, but some of the variety in Hungary had perfect matches in Kazakhstan, where the Huns originated.

There are no reliable statistics for Sweden and Norway now, but my guess would be about 20-25% of all R1b, so about 5 to 7% of the population.

Scandinavia also has L21 and U152. Over half of all Norwegian and Swedish R1b belongs to undetermined clades of R1b1b2. It is possible that a new Scandinavian subclade will be discovered soon to fill the gap.

U152 is the one most associated with the Hallstatt and La Tène cultures. U106 is most common in the northern Netherlands (Frisia) and North-West Germany.

N1c is the Uralo-Finnic haplogroup par excellence. Q is found a bit everywhere in Central Asia, from Iran and Afghanistan to Siberia and Mongolia. It is not Uralo-Finnic.

Modern Hungarian people belong to a wide variety of haplogroups, but 95% of them are typically European and do not include N1c. The Huns may have been a mixture of Q, R1a and G people. Q is definitely higher in Hungary (and Ukraine) than in other European countries. As R1a is so widespread, it's hard to say. G is also found everywhere in Europe, but some of the variety in Hungary had perfect matches in Kazakhstan, where the Huns originated.

Ok please1- i know that uralic people are divided in to two big branches finno and ugric ,so can we associate n1c with finnic and Q with ugric ?and could you tell me Mr What is the subclade of haplogroup Q that is found in ugric people of siberia?

2-does siberia have the highest diversity of haplogroup Q it self or a certainly clade of it?

3-Is that right that hapogorup G is associated with Kurgan aryans along with R1a? and does haplogroup Q associated also or not?

4-Were phoenicians mostly belong to j2a subclade or j2b?

5-last but not least ,could you find to me a link at which the percent of mt-Dna haplogroups and their subclades is distributed by each country of the world?
take care for your self .:wave:

Ok please1- i know that uralic people are divided in to two big branches finno and ugric ,so can we associate n1c with finnic and Q with ugric ?and could you tell me Mr What is the subclade of haplogroup Q that is found in ugric people of siberia?

Sorry, I don't know. Subclades of Q have not been well studied yet. But N1c is definitely Finnic.

2-does siberia have the highest diversity of haplogroup Q it self or a certainly clade of it?

You can check it on this world map of haplogroups. Siberia is very mixed ethnically. The Selkups seem to have the highest percentage of Q in Siberia. But any Native American tribe has a higher percentage (over 99% of Q in South America).

3-Is that right that hapogorup G is associated with Kurgan aryans along with R1a? and does haplogroup Q associated also or not?

G iand Q are probably not associated with the Indo-Europeans (Kurgan-Aryans), although they border the Indo-European homeland, so some of them could have been included in their migrations. R1a and R1b are the typical Indo-Europeans.

4-Were phoenicians mostly belong to j2a subclade or j2b?

I am not sure. J2a and J2b are both very old subclades and very common in all J2 countries.

5-last but not least ,could you find to me a link at which the percent of mt-Dna haplogroups and their subclades is distributed by each country of the world?

Check the map in link above. MtDNA haplogroups are very very old. All were formed before the end of the Ice Age. You need to check very deep level of subclades to find an ethnic relevance, and even then it is still very hard. The only thing that we can tell for sure from mtDNA is if it is of European, Middle-Eastern, Indian, Mongolid (East Asian + Native American), Papuan or African origin.

Thank you Mr Maciamo

This thread has been viewed 9403 times.

Back