Politics SWEDEN: Equality and breaking the rules

Miss Marple's nephew

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Humanoid
Women (young women, that is) decided they wantd to visit the public bath houses (here in Malmö) topless. The fact that it is against the rules makes no difference so they just started showing up without their tops. So were they thrown out? Oh no. Instead the rules were changed.

Now in Sweden, making sexual suggestions is a criminal offence so there's going to be a lot trouble with this new rule with women complaining about men making "flashy" eyes and demanding that the police be brought in. And if a man sees her topless and he gets an "erection"? "SEXUAL HARRASSMENT". Jesus wept!

It's already so bad that men are afraid to sit next to women on the bus because all she needs to do is say you "touched" her and you're off to the police station.

You can be sure that if I were to take off my bathing coustume I'd be tossed out before I could get it passed my knees and if you try to do it women would be telephoning the police that you tried to rape her! :confused:

This is getting crazy. It feels like California on steroids... :rolleyes:

It gets worse with steroids? Oh shit! :petrified:

These women must have some serious problems... No offence but it's not normal to react like that and think that everyone out there is trying to sexually harrass/offend/rape you. Why are they so constipated...?

And one more question: Do men still have the courage to approach girls and buy them a drink or ask them for a date or are they afraid of a lawsuit for sexual harrassment?! Cause if I was a man having to deal with such women I wouldn't even try...

Here in Greece things are a lot more loose. Men will do all shorts of sexual comments on a girl and she will just laugh. If they say something smart and witty she might even say something funny too or give her number if she is interested. Well of course Im not talking about offensive comments but Im pretty sure the comments we don't find offensive, swedish girls would consider them a reason to send you in jail.
From what I hear, southern European countries are like Greece concerning this matter.

Welcome to Scandinavia :rolleyes:

After all, this doesn't surprise me. Sweden has for a long time been the world's number one in gender equality, but now they have reached the point where it gets too extreme.

Do you know whether anybody has ever been convicted of this kind of "sexual harrassment"? Maybe some women have threatened that they would report the men to the police, but I don't hope that anybody has been put in jail for those minor things!

Anyhow, I don't complain about topless women in the public bath houses, as long as they are young and pretty :p

And one more question: Do men still have the courage to approach girls and buy them a drink or ask them for a date .....
Goodness no! Only Greek men visiting Sweden are that brave! :):):)

Thank God I'm married to a Slovak woman! :heart:

What happened to common sense?...

Last edited:
These women must have some serious problems... No offence but it's not normal to react like that and think that everyone out there is trying to sexually harrass/offend/rape you. Why are they so constipated...?
And one more question: Do men still have the courage to approach girls and buy them a drink or ask them for a date or are they afraid of a lawsuit for sexual harrassment?! Cause if I was a man having to deal with such women I wouldn't even try...
Here in Greece things are a lot more loose. Men will do all shorts of sexual comments on a girl and she will just laugh. If they say something smart and witty she might even say something funny too or give her number if she is interested. Well of course Im not talking about offensive comments but Im pretty sure the comments we don't find offensive, swedish girls would consider them a reason to send you in jail.
From what I hear, southern European countries are like Greece concerning this matter.
"Constipated"?... :LOL:

What happened to common sense...

Common Sense? Here’s ”common sense” in Sweden, with regards equality:

Yesterday’s newspaper HEAVILY critisized that ”equality” in ours schools is still in dire straights. Despite Swedish comdemnation of ”gender roles” (and extreme efforts against them) the vast majority of our young choose to seek education in male/female oriented careers - and the few who break this trend end up dropping out and changing direction long before they take their exams.

Sweden has held the firm view that gender roles are exclusively the fault (yes FAULT) of parents and the community, and that - left to their own devices - children would feel no affiliation to ther roles as being gender oriented. It’s considered a scandal, for example, that boys still cringe at the thought of wearing dresses.

Common Sense” you ask? Yes – where the **** is it?

Common Sense? Here’s ”common sense” in Sweden, with regards equality:

Yesterday’s newspaper HEAVILY critisized that ”equality” in ours schools is still in dire straights. Despite Swedish comdemnation of ”gender roles” (and extreme efforts against them) the vast majority of our young choose to seek education in male/female oriented careers - and the few who break this trend end up dropping out and changing direction long before they take their exams.

Sweden has held the firm view that gender roles are exclusively the fault (yes FAULT) of parents and the community, and that - left to their own devices - children would feel no affiliation to ther roles as being gender oriented. It’s considered a scandal, for example, that boys still cringe at the thought of wearing dresses.

Common Sense” you ask? Yes – where the **** is it?

Very sad...

Oh this is retarded (no offense), but why should we go against nature?

It's one thing for men and women to be equal and another thing to go against nature. There are things women can do better and other things that men thrive at. I don't see why having women building houses and men working at beauty salons means equality...
That's not equal, that's against nature and hormones...

..... There are things women can do better and other things that men thrive at. I don't see why having women building houses and men working at beauty salons means equality...
That's not equal, that's against nature and hormones...
Please. Your country is an EU member ... can't you organize some sort of protest against Sweden's assault against nature?

If you lived in Sweden you'd know that dissatisfaction from within no longer makes any impact - unless it's from the women's "equality movement". Our government/society does, however, jump off their feet whenever international organizations point their finger at us. What we need is for someone in Brussels to throw this "silicon" hormones into our faces so that we can get back to REALITY. Someone? Please!

And, here I was thinking that the Swedes were among the most reasonable people in the world... This whole thing with sexual harassment is nuts.

Please. Your country is an EU member ... can't you organize some sort of protest against Sweden's assault against nature?

If you lived in Sweden you'd know that dissatisfaction from within no longer makes any impact - unless it's from the women's "equality movement". Our government/society does, however, jump off their feet whenever international organizations point their finger at us. What we need is for someone in Brussels to throw this "silicon" hormones into our faces so that we can get back to REALITY. Someone? Please!

Sounds like you Swedish men are becoming desperate!

I can understand you...
On the other hand i can't understand why Swedish girls act in such an extreme way :unsure:

And, here I was thinking that the Swedes were among the most reasonable people in the world...
Reasonable in the sense that we were leaders in “human rights” (world-wide, but in particularly at a national level), that we kept capitalism at a degree of raw minimum, we actually did “share the wealth”, jobs were at an international peak, HONESTY was taken for granted in both government and within the community, the quality of family and personal life was far and beyond more important than profession, although professionalism and product quality was always at the top anyway, and no-one was in wont for anything.

These days however every one of these attributes has been contaminated and we need to re-think for the present day situation. An additional problem (perhaps) is that women haven’t yet seen the writing on the wall and they continue to push forward (beyond any sense) with 60’s rhetoric, totally unchecked and out-of-tune with reality and nature, as Marianne has pointed out.

Sounds like you Swedish men are becoming desperate!
If you read or listen to our national news you will be astounded that there isn’t a single day that goes by without a critical report on how “women are still in the minority of professions such as … “ auto mechanic, electrician, police force (changing as we speak), plumbers, taxi chauffeur, politician (already an obsolete argument today), etc. But you will never, never, never see an article on such facts that women are in a VAST MAJORITY as doctors, lawyers, psychologists, travel, tourism, postal services, social services, unemployment offices, dentists, insurance, reality, the list goes on.

If you are looking for employment you will see adverts stating, “women would be most welcomed”. This (which you may not have understood) means if you are a man you need not bother applying. Adverts clearly stating their preference to men applicants do not exist and would be reported for discrimination if someone had the audacity to try it.

…. i can't understand why Swedish girls act in such an extreme way
Actually, you can understand. If you have children you probably know that teenage girls are particularly selfish and they don’t give a shit about anyone else but themselves. In a “normal” society the parents put up with it but do their best to foster their teenagers to “grow out of it”. And they do …… eventually. Not so in Sweden. We pamper them and bend over backwards for fear of being called a “mansgris” (male chauvinist). Women in this country are allowed to be bitchy teenagers all of their life and now that they’ve got most of the political power there’s not too much we can do about it at a national level.

A few months ago, as I was on my way home, I came to the corner to turn towards my flat when there suddenly approached 2 teenaged girls in the opposite direction. We nearly collided and one them gave a gasp. I smiled in a benevolent “that was close” expression and carried on. They stopped dead in their tracks and began shouting at me, calling me a pervert and paedophile. I didn’t bother to turn round but they continued to shout at me until I was out of sight. Now this might be “typical teenaged girls” behaviour as they go through a period of self-consciousness and feel that everyone is looking at them – but in Sweden only a small percent of girls ever grow out of it as they eventually become adults. I think the expression in English is, “they carry a perpetual chip on their shoulder.”

Mmmm seriously lads if the women want to take their tops off who are we to stop them, o why on earth would you want to stop them :)

Mmmm seriously lads if the women want to take their tops off who are we to stop them, o why on earth would you want to stop them :)

Indeed... :grin:

If you are looking for employment you will see adverts stating, “women would be most welcomed”. This (which you may not have understood) means if you are a man you need not bother applying. Adverts clearly stating their preference to men applicants do not exist and would be reported for discrimination if someone had the audacity to try it.

But doesn't that reach the other side? It is like discriminating against men if a man is better qualified than a women and he doesn't get hired just because the company wants to have many women in their stuff...

Actually, you can understand. If you have children you probably know that teenage girls are particularly selfish and they don’t give a shit about anyone else but themselves...
...A few months ago, as I was on my way home, I came to the corner to turn towards my flat when there suddenly approached 2 teenaged girls in the opposite direction. We nearly collided and one them gave a gasp. I smiled in a benevolent “that was close” expression and carried on. They stopped dead in their tracks and began shouting at me, calling me a pervert and paedophile. I didn’t bother to turn round but they continued to shout at me until I was out of sight. Now this might be “typical teenaged girls” behaviour as they go through a period of self-consciousness and feel that everyone is looking at them – but in Sweden only a small percent of girls ever grow out of it as they eventually become adults. I think the expression in English is, “they carry a perpetual chip on their shoulder.”

I'm too young to have kids at the age of 20, I could qualify as a "teen" myself :grin: , but I would definately not call someone a pedophile just because he smiled at me after we nearly crashed. I would be busy trying to realize that I'm still alive I think :LOL:
In fact, when I got my driver's license 2 months ago or so I was driving my dad's car around the neighbourhood to practice a bit and I almost hit someone while taking a turn. He said something like: "Hey cutie be carefull on the streets, it's dangerous out here" he smiled, I smiled back with a guilty look and we kept driving. I don't know if I sound subjective, but I find my reaction much "healthier' than the reaction of those girls... :unsure:

This thread has been viewed 21380 times.

Back