secherbernard

Elite member
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-L21
mtDNA haplogroup
U6a7a1
Maciamo,

I look at Eupedia DNA project for about 6 months ago.
During these 6 months i saw no evolution of the table call: "Composition g?n?tique de la France".
Why this table is never updated?
Is it possible to have more accuracy in these results.
I think it would be very interesting to have among the 543 samples of R1b, the number of U106, U152 or L21.

Bernard

Updates are slow because French people are still among the most reluctant in Europe to take DNA tests (or to share their results). I only update the page and recalculate the percentages once I have enough new results.

I also wish I could publish the percentage of subclades of R1b, but most of the people who tested more than 1 year ago did not test for subclades. About 90% of the French R1b in the database are either S116/P312 or did not test for their subclade, so the overall percentage is compromised. At present, I have 50 French people who tested their R1b subclade. Among them :

- 19 are S21/U106+
- 10 are S28/U152+
- 8 are L21+ (you are one of them), including 2 who are also M222+.
- 8 are M167/SRY2627
- 5 are M153

Last edited:
A genetic map of France (using HLA markers) have already been drawn in 2002 by a member of the Toulouse's CNRS. You may probably know it since it's quite old.

http://www.canal-u.tv/canalu/produc...e_de_la_vie/genetique_populations_et_maladies

This HLA map correspond quite well with the dialectal map (byproducts of the relative isolation of the ancient pagi which lasted untill nowaday).

Thanks for the link, Smertrius. (y)

EDIT : For those who don't want to listen to the 1-hour speech, there is a written summary (with English translation) and the maps here.

Last edited:
Updates are slow because French people are still among the most reluctant in Europe to take DNA tests (or to share their results). I only update the page and recalculate the percentages once I have enough new results.

I also wish I could publish the percentage of subclades of R1b, but most of the people who tested more than 1 year ago did not test for subclades. About 90% of the French R1b in the database are either S116/P312 or did not test for their subclade, so the overall percentage is compromised. At present, I have 50 French people who tested their R1b subclade. Among them :

- 19 are S21/U106+
- 10 are S28/U152+
- 8 are M167/SRY2627
- 5 are M153

There are now at least 15 men of French descent who have tested L21+, NOT including the two who are R-M222 (adding them would make 17), 16 if one counts Bonnet, whose ancestry is Savoyard from Piemonte, Italy.

There are some others whose names I do not know because they have not yet joined the R-L21 Plus Project.

That's not too bad considering that testing for L21 has only been going on since last October (in a bad world economy) and that L21 was not included in Family Tree DNA's Deep Clade-R test until late January of 2009.

Testing for U106 (originally as S21) and U152 (originally as S28) has been going since 2005.

It should also be pointed out that U106 is on the same level of the R1b phylogenetic tree as P312. Do you have a breakdown of its subclades in France?

I,too,am very interested in what will be found in France.
Especially Normandy,as I have a Norman surname.

- 19 are S21/U106+
- 10 are S28/U152+
- 8 are M167/SRY2627
- 5 are M153
Maciamo,

There are today, 1064 samples from France in Eupedia DNA project.

Where come from these 1064 samples ? All directly from Eupedia data ? or Eupedia get data from other DNA projects or DNA data bases ?

Bernard

This thread has been viewed 14403 times.

Back