protostant denomination

motatalea

Reaction score
1-Is it right that people who have adopted protostant denomination in europe are descented from germanic people(Anglo-saxons and Vikings)?
2- What is the most predominant denomination of christianity in modern day Normandy provincess in france?

Northern Germany is largely Lutheran and agnostic,I believe.
And Southern Germany is largely Roman Catholic.
France is almost totally Catholic,I'd bet-as are all Latin countries.
England is Protestant and agnostic,Ireland profoundly Catholic.

There is only a weak connection between Protestantism and Germanic speaking countries. The choice was mostly politic. Germany is very regionally divided between Protestants and Catholics. The northern Netherlands are Protestant, while the south and Belgium are Catholic. Britain is more complex.

Britain is probably the country with the most kinds of Protestant denominations. Anglicans are usually considered Protestant, but their faith and organisation and practises are basically identical to the Catholics, except that their leader is the King/Queen of England instead of the Pope. It's a purely political distinction.

Nowadays, as most people are agnostic or atheist it doesn't matter much.

There is only a weak connection between Protestantism and Germanic speaking countries. The choice was mostly politic. Germany is very regionally divided between Protestants and Catholics. The northern Netherlands are Protestant, while the south and Belgium are Catholic. Britain is more complex.

Britain is probably the country with the most kinds of Protestant denominations. Anglicans are usually considered Protestant, but their faith and organisation and practises are basically identical to the Catholics, except that their leader is the King/Queen of England instead of the Pope. It's a purely political distinction.

Nowadays, as most people are agnostic or atheist it doesn't matter much.
SO there is no relation between ethnic german and protostant denomination right?

SO there is no relation between ethnic german and protostant denomination right?

No correlation between religion and German ethnicity. Some Germans are Catholic, others Protestant. I suspect many are non-practicing.

This thread has been viewed 7566 times.

Back