rms2

Reaction score
Ethnic group
British/Irish
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-L21 (S145, M529)
mtDNA haplogroup
U5a2
Family Tree DNA will be switching to SmartMatching soon. SmartMatching will eliminate so-called matches outside one's subclade from showing up on the Y-DNA Matches page.

In order to make the best use of SmartMatching, it is important that each man be fully tested for SNPs (Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms). SNPs are simply changes at single places on the y chromosome. They happen infrequently enough that they can be used to classify large numbers of related men into what are called "haplogroups" and subclades of haplogroups.

The best way to be fully tested for SNPs is to order Family Tree DNA's Deep Clade test. The easiest way to do that is from the link on the "Haplotree" page of one's "myFTDNA" pages.

Right now is a good time to order the Deep Clade test. Family Tree DNA is offering a 20%-off sale on its Deep Clade and Deep Clade upgrade tests right now.

I hope many men will take advantage of this discount and get themselves fully tested. (y)

This will be a good thing.
It will eliminate a lot of wasted space and effort.
With me personally,it'll take away all those false matches I have with people that I know aren't U106's.
My particular haplotype is one of the U106's that is closest to the WAMH,so I always look similar to people that are in other subclades.

I have a number of "matches" with men outside my subclade, too. I even have one 27/28 "match" with a guy who is R-L48.

What are you?
Maciamo fixed it where we can put that info in our sigs now.

What are you?
Maciamo fixed it where we can put that info in our sigs now.

I'm R-L21*. I just put that into my signature. It was showing up a minute ago. ???

Last edited:
I see it when I click your name,but you can also make it display when you make a post-like mine does.

I see it when I click your name,but you can also make it display when you make a post-like mine does.

Funny thing: it doesn't show up on this thread, but it shows up in some of my other posts, like here.

Quite strange... Sometimes it shows and sometimes not.

Okay. I finally got it straightened out so that my y and mtDNA haplogroups show up on the left side of the screen. (y)

You did,at that.
Thanks.

This thread has been viewed 13812 times.

Back