PDA

View Full Version : Religion in Normandy

motatalea
09-10-09, 17:04
1-Do modern day population of Normandy provincess in France follow the protostant denomination or catholoic denomination?

2-I know that Normans affected strongly in english language ,so did they affect strongly also in law ,religion and culture of england?I mean modern english language is mix of Anglo-saxons and Normans,soooooo do the law,culture of modern day england is mix of anglo-saxon and norman ones?

Maciamo
10-10-09, 10:03
1. Catholic, but few people care about religion in France these days.

2. Modern day England has evolved a lot since Anglo-Saxon and Norman times. However the government and legal system is based on the Norman one, not the Anglo-Saxon. The language is mixed. Both were Christians before the Norman invasion.

Michel Gilson
25-05-13, 18:09
Unfortunately not only France but most of Europe cares little for religion. The Great Cathedrals of Europe are sadly for the most part empty.

oriental
25-05-13, 21:08
Religion came to our ancestors because they were illiterate and the priests scared the hell out of them. In the Himalayas, Darjeeling area they still tell stories of banshees. For 8-year-old that is scary. They start these stories on young kids first.

binx
06-06-13, 15:52
1-Do modern day population of Normandy provincess in France follow the protostant denomination or catholoic denomination?

2-I know that Normans affected strongly in english language ,so did they affect strongly also in law ,religion and culture of england?I mean modern english language is mix of Anglo-saxons and Normans,soooooo do the law,culture of modern day england is mix of anglo-saxon and norman ones?

1) France is proudly a secular state. Anyway, 75% of Normandy residents profess Roman Catholicism according to some statistics.

2) Yes, English language is mix of Anglo-saxons and Normans, and law, culture of modern day England is mix of anglo-saxon and norman ones.