PDA

View Full Version : EU and me

Redi Hoke
04-11-09, 18:40
Having had many thoughts about Europe and the EU and what the future of Europe will look like, in the last few days I have put together a film in which I try and express what my thoughts on the EU are, in particular in regards to the integration of European people. I would like to share this film with the people on this forum. The film can be accessed on youtube and is called "EU and ME"

Please let me know your thoughts, either by leaving a comment on the website or adding comments to this forum.

I much look forward to your response.

^ lynx ^
18-12-09, 23:35
Thx for the advice... I hope the video is still available on youtube.

Cambrius (The Red)
19-12-09, 00:35
Having had many thoughts about Europe and the EU and what the future of Europe will look like, in the last few days I have put together a film in which I try and express what my thoughts on the EU are, in particular in regards to the integration of European people. I would like to share this film with the people on this forum. The film can be accessed on youtube and is called "EU and ME"
Please let me know your thoughts, either by leaving a comment on the website or adding comments to this forum.
I much look forward to your response.

Will check it out...

Michael Folkesson
24-02-10, 20:47
Very interesting video and line of thought.

My view, simple as it may, and my thoughts about the phenomenon of people voting against what is actually in their interest - a vitally needed new treaty - are that many did not understand what they voted about(a failure of communication from EU and government), those who voted for conservative reasons("no change is keeping what I know..."), those who did not vote about the content of the treaty but voted against having a treaty at all(EuSceptics), and those who actually understood and disagreed with certain aspects of the treaty(concerned but informed citizens).

If my view of the matter has any similarity to actual reality, I feel one has to initiate different dialogs with the uninformed, the conservative, the EuSceptics, and the concerned groups of nay voters and find out what can be improved and amended - which I guess was what they did - put together a new treaty and have another referendum.

Only the result of such method makes the EuSceptics rave about failure of democracy and dictatorship, since they did not vote about the content but just that - against having a EU treaty at all.

Nice video. Thank you.

/Michael