please need a help

motatalea

Reaction score
1-I have tested 12 markers Y-DNA by family tree dna site and the list of matches ,Haplotree and DYS values have appeared today in my personal page and i have seen the 12 markers of mine and the people who match with me ,but the problem is that when i opened the haplotree list to find my haplogroup i found three lists of which My haplotree list is found and i have clicked on it and it says to me Loading haplotree only with out saying the haplogroup for me ,so please could you tell me what is the problem of this?

2- I have entered the 12 markers in the apparatus that predicts on the haplogroup and it has said to me that iam 99% I2a haplogroup ,so my question is is this a pparatus very tiny?

1-I have tested 12 markers Y-DNA by family tree dna site and the list of matches ,Haplotree and DYS values have appeared today in my personal page and i have seen the 12 markers of mine and the people who match with me ,but the problem is that when i opened the haplotree list to find my haplogroup i found three lists of which My haplotree list is found and i have clicked on it and it says to me Loading haplotree only with out saying the haplogroup for me ,so please could you tell me what is the problem of this?

2- I have entered the 12 markers in the apparatus that predicts on the haplogroup and it has said to me that iam 99% I2a haplogroup ,so my question is is this a pparatus very tiny?

If a good haplogroup predictor says you are I2a, then that is probably what you are. Another thing you can do is to create a Ysearch entry and check yourself for matches and near matches. If you get a lot of I2a matches, then that will support what the predictor told you.

To create a Ysearch entry, go to your "myFTDNA" pages. Click on the word "Matches" under the heading " Y DNA" on the left side of the screen. Then click on the link there that says, "Click here to upload to Ysearch.org". Follow the instructions, and be sure to write down your Ysearch ID and password in case you forget them later.

I2a is very rare in Egypt. I2 or I* would be more likely. If you are really I2a or I2, then you could possibly have Greek or Roman ancestors.

If you tested with FTDNA they will tell you for sure what your haplogroup is. If they cannot tell if you are I, I2 or I2a based on your 12 markers results, they will provide a free SNP test to confirm it.

I2a is very rare in Egypt. I2 or I* would be more likely. If you are really I2a or I2, then you could possibly have Greek or Roman ancestors.

If you tested with FTDNA they will tell you for sure what your haplogroup is. If they cannot tell if you are I, I2 or I2a based on your 12 markers results, they will provide a free SNP test to confirm it.

ok1- will they take a long time to find my haplogroup ? by the way i have mailed the family tree dna and consulted them about not appearing my haplotree in my personal page and one person of them told me (Hello, Thank you for your email. As we are not able to confidently predict your hapogroup we will have a free test run on you which will confirm your broad haplogroup. This test will be ordered next week and you will receive an email at that time with additional information.)

Does that mean that they will print my haplotree in my personal page next week?

2- Is it necessary to make 25 ,37 or 67 markers y-dna test to know my strain or there is no relation between snp test and markers test whatever it was? I mean is it right that snp test is free rather than the number of markers that you have tested?

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 6682 times.

Back