My back bone test result has been resulted

motatalea

Reaction score
iam suprising for not being I2a as i thought and this is my result

7B364409.jpg

so there are some points i want from you gentlemen to answer them one by one for understanding please.

My admin in FTDNA has sent me a message at my email and told me that :
Hello, Thank you for your email. The backbone test tested for E, E1b1a, and E1b1b1. While you were not positive for E1b1a and E1b1b1 we could see you are positive for any of the other branches of E not down stream of these. It would also be possible to find you are negative for all current branches of E and would be simply E
1- althought that i havenot ordered deep clade test yet ,Does that mean that they are sure 100% that iam not a branch of E1b1a and E1b1b1 subclades as they sure 100% that my haplogroupis E?
2-Tell me Honestly please ,do you recommend me for doing deep clade test or not necessary if I have guarantee that iam not a branch of E1b1a and E1b1b1 ?
3-last but not lease ,iam egyptian and it is very fame here that our family is from turkish origin (from the time of Mohamed ali and ottoman empire) and our family has been originated from turkish syrian border so could you tell me gentlemen what is the most possible of my paternal line migration from africa to turkey and from there to egypt?

The backbone test is a free SNP test to determine your haplogroup when they are not sure based on STR. It only test for top-level haplogroup, not deep clades.

It makes more sense that you, as an Egyptian, should be E1b1b rather than I2a. But that's very weird based on your STR results. Did FTDNA clearly say that you were E1b1b, or just that you were not E1b1a or E1b1b1 ?

There are so many kinds of E1b1b that a deep clade test may be interesting. However almost all the subclades found in Turkey originally came from Egypt or the Levant anyway, so you may not be able to confirm if you have Turkish origins. The only exception is if you are E-V13, which is in fact Greek/Balkanic, but it is not so common in Turkey.

The backbone test is a free SNP test to determine your haplogroup when they are not sure based on STR. It only test for top-level haplogroup, not deep clades.

It makes more sense that you, as an Egyptian, should be E1b1b rather than I2a. But that's very weird based on your STR results. Did FTDNA clearly say that you were E1b1b, or just that you were not E1b1a or E1b1b1 ?

There are so many kinds of E1b1b that a deep clade test may be interesting. However almost all the subclades found in Turkey originally came from Egypt or the Levant anyway, so you may not be able to confirm if you have Turkish origins. The only exception is if you are E-V13, which is in fact Greek/Balkanic, but it is not so common in Turkey.

I have sent this by my email to FTDNA :as you know my confirmed haplogroup is E M 96+ so there are some points i want from you gentlemen to answer them one by one for understanding please
1- I know that you confirmed 100% that my haplogroup is E, but : are you sure 100% too that iam nota branch of E1b1a and E1b1b1 subclades ?

2- Tell me Honestly please ,do you recommend me for doing deep clade test or not necessary because I have guarantee that iam not a branch of E1b1a and E1b1b1?

3- last but not lease ,iam egyptian and it is very fame here that our family is from turkish origin (from the time of mohamed ali and ottoman empire) and our family has been originated from turkish syrian border so could you tell me gentlemen what is the most possible of my paternal line migration from africa to turkey and from there to egypt?

and they replayed me this :
Hello, Thank you for your email. As you were negative for E1b1a and E1b1b1 you would not be positive for one of those haplogroups' sub branches. I can't really comment on if you should order the deep clade test or not. It will not be able to provide you any specific information about ancestral origins at this time, so if you are looking for that type of information I would not recommend it. Some people like it because it can tell them specifically which branch of E (if any) they belong to.There has been so much migration along the Eastern Mediterranean we would not be able to determine the more recent migrations through DNA results. So I cnanot say how your family may have migrated amongst the different countries and regions in the area. We could be looking at a more recent return to Egypt, or it could have been something much earlier dating even back to Roman or Greek expansion into Africa.

A-Now as iam negative to E1b1b1 and E1b1a and their branches ,
what is your opinion now Mr maciamo will deep clade test help me to know which subclade of E do i belong to ? I mean will it help me to know if iam E* only ,E2b ,E2a ,E1a or any other subclades except those above?

B-and very simple question iam really very shy from you ,I know that they are not knowing my subclade until now but are they sure 100% now that my haplogroup is E with out any dobout?

A) If you take a deep clade test FTDNA should tell you exactly what is your subclade.

B) FTDNA did the backbone test, so they are 100% sure that you are haplogroup E.

This thread has been viewed 9805 times.

Back