Video on the origins of the Indo-Europeans in India

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
Here is a nice video (2 parts) introducing the Indo-European migrations to India and the Rig Veda (oldest sacred texts of Hinduism, composed from 1500 to 1000 BCE based on old Indo-European values and beliefs from the steppes). The video complements my short history of Indo-Iranian migrations. You can see European traits in some people in northern Pakistan (more obvious than in India). Northern Pakistan has the highest percentage of European DNA in the Indian subcontinent.

While watching it I stumbled upon an audio presentation of the David Anthony's book
The Horse, The Wheel and Language (it runs for one hour in 6 episodes !).

Yes, many thanks for this Maciamo.

Thanks for these links, i had been doing a research and this is been my subject.I want to know more and more about the Portuguese impact and invasion in India,more likely said Vasco De Gama succeed in searching sea route to India and there is place in Goa the Vasco De Gama.It was said that that place only first vasco de gama landed.

Thanks for these links, i had been doing a research and this is been my subject.I want to know more and more about the Portuguese impact and invasion in India,more likely said Vasco De Gama succeed in searching sea route to India and there is place in Goa the Vasco De Gama.It was said that that place only first vasco de gama landed.

What does this have to do with the Indo-Europeans ?

iTunes has an audio only version of a book by Michael Woods, who is the narrator in these videos. It is entitled "The Story of India".

This book appears to be the basis of the BBC show from which the two Indo-European parts were taken.

It is 9 hours in length and costs 26 USD. Its a good listen in the car.

This thread has been viewed 10620 times.

Back