Bosnians/ ethnic groups there

Alex D.

Reaction score
Maciamo
In the Serb and Croat genes thread below this one you told me that bosnians are actually much closer to croats than they are to Serbs and that there is no difference between the three ethnic groups in bosnia I would like to state otherwise according to some things. First your haplogroups for Bosnia, Croatia, and Serbia

Bosnia

Croatia

Serbia

Now if we add up the lowest haplgorup percentage for each country i assume we get % similarity or who similar or not they are.

Croats to bosnians similarity 74.5%

Serbs to Bosnians similarity 74%

Dont understand how bosnians are much more similar to croats as you had stated before. Difference in similarity between Serbs and bosnians and bosnians and croats is only 0.5% i dont consider that much.

Now the second thing in regards to all three ethnicites being the same. your source says otherwise.as you see considerable difference between I and E values amoung bosnia's three ethnic groups. bosnian Serbs are significantly closer to Serbs than the bosnian average is so to speak. Bosnians Serbs are closer to Serbs than they are to either bosniaks or bosnian croats.

That's not how you should count. Try grouping the haplogroups by origin.

Paleolithic European haplogroups (I1, I2a, I2b) :

Croatia = 51%
Bosnia = 53%
Serbia = 35%

Near-Eastern haplogroups (E, J, T) :

Croatia = 11%
Bosnia = 24%
Serbia = 42%

Indo-European/Caucasian haplogroups (G2a, R1a, R1b)

Croatia = 38%
Bosnia = 19.5%
Serbia = 23%

The dominant category is Paleolithic for both Croatia and Bosnia, but Near-East for Serbia. Croatia has more Indo-European lineages than Bosnia though.

Note that the data you copied if for Bosnia-Herzegovina, not for ethnic Bosniaks only. It also includes ethnic Serbs and Croats living in Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Good job!

Maciamo, you know by chance which was the genetic makeup (in haplogroups) of pre-Roman Italy?

serbia is more near eastern of the 3 but not as much as albania and greeks obviously

well, Serbia falls much more with Albania and Greece speaking of Near Eastern Lineages.
Croatia has Near Eastern genes as much as Netherlands,and Bosnia(without Bosnian Serbs) could almost fall in that group as well,although they show more tendencies towards 'classic Balkan DNA' than Croatia.

Croatia is much more Paleolithic than its neighbors.

Maciamo, please refrain from using nomenclature that does not properly address the distinct divergence of genotypes found in Herceg-Bosna. The Croatian lineage is highly correlated with lower portions of Dalmatia - of which, both show divergence from northern Croatia. Reproductive isolation from geographic boundaries should not be dismissed when trying to understand genetics. Rather, you are purporting a flawed methodology of boundary analysis. Croatians in Herceg-Bosna are Croatian. The analysis of the country that disregards addressing the differences within sub-populations has no value in attempting to understand those populations. This type of analysis is scientifically imprudent and not worth-becoming of someone who wishes to be taken seriously when discussion genetic differences.

Herceg-Bosni:

Paleolithic European haplogroups (I1, I2a, I2b) :
Croats = 73.3%
Bosnia = 50.1%
Serbs = 40.8%

Near-Eastern haplogroups (E, J, T) :
Croats = 11.1%
Bosnians = 27.5%
Serbs = 29.7%

Indo-European/Caucasian haplogroups (G2a, R1a, R1b)
Croats = 15.5%
Bosnians = 19.1%
Serbs = 19.8%

Croatia is much more Paleolithic than its neighbors.
Coon actually noted UP strain in Montenegro,as can be seen on his map:http://carnby.altervista.org/immagini/troemap9.jpg

however,he didn't pay much attention on Herzegovina,which is at least UP as Montenegro,and Bosnia and Dalmatia,where UP is also very strong,maybe not as exactly much the first two,but more than enough to register it.But we can't blame him,since he needed to fill his map,and therefore he rather used his imagination than scientific studies,in his characteristical fashion:rolleyes:

Coon actually noted UP strain in Montenegro,as can be seen on his map:http://carnby.altervista.org/immagini/troemap9.jpg

however,he didn't pay much attention on Herzegovina,which is at least UP as Montenegro,and Bosnia and Dalmatia,where UP is also very strong,maybe not as exactly much the first two,but more than enough to register it.But we can't blame him,since he needed to fill his map,and therefore he rather used his imagination than scientific studies,in his characteristical fashion:rolleyes:

Too right, Joro...(y)

Yes I agree that Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina have a strong UP presence. Also they have a distinct Borreby admix that is very unusually placed as the only other regions where such a phenotype predominates is in North Germany, Denmark, Iceland and Norway.

Yes I agree that Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina have a strong UP presence. Also they have a distinct Borreby admix that is very unusually placed as the only other regions where such a phenotype predominates is in North Germany, Denmark, Iceland and Norway.
I am a CM too (y)

Bosnians are Illyrians they have 50% of I2a (Illyrian)
and the Name Bosnia is real ancient Illyrian Name BOSONA.

The Propaganda of our Neighbourgs is Fall,
we are not Serbs and not Croats we are Bosnians
and the Bosnian christians are Bosnians too but they
are victims of the centauryold Propaganda of our Neighbourgs
and the DNA Tests have shown that all Bosnians are very Similar
and more similar than with croatia or Serbia.

The Truth will EVER Win

in 1991 john wilks (Wilkes is the foremost LIVING authority on the Illyrians) said that bosnians are of illyrian decend. ten years after ALBANIAN accademics agreed with him: Kaplan Resuli, Fatos Lubonja, Ardian Qosi and Ardian Vebiu also other experts worlwide like: Paul, Hirt, Weigand, Tomashek, Georgiev, Pushcariu and many others. And then we got the genetic facts from Igenea, genograpic and familytreedna.

Maciamo, could you please somehow take care of these spamming posts?

Spaming Posts???

I think you are a Spamer with your more than Funny comments.

lol, yeh, Joro is a guardian of purity and uniqueness of Croatia. You're messing up his point of view. :)

Spaming Posts???

I think you are a Spamer with your more than Funny comments.
please, do us a favor and stop vandalizing this noble forum.
It's not my fault you Muslims are so lost and frustrated.

Muslims oh man have you a Islamophobia???

This is a Genticly and not a Religious Forum.

Hey Joro you are a Joke with really big Complexes
accept the reality its better, your Propagandamachine is a Ruin.

This thread has been viewed 198926 times.

Back