The Catholic Church, Al Qaida and Israel

P. Courvel

Obnubilis Contractum
Reaction score
The Catholic Church enjoys a privileged status in the West that I think is not deserved and anachronic. To put it bluntly I think it should be listed as a terrorist organization like Al Qaeda. It has a far worse record than Al Qaeda. The Inquisition killed hundreds of thousands of people. Al Qaeda has killed a few thousands. The Catholic Church launched its own holy war, the Crusades, that also caused hundreds of thousands of deaths. It's comparable to the Islamic jihad that has so bad press today.

I think that the Vatican should not be recognized as a sovereign state anymore. It's tantamount to recognising the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. No, it's worse since the Talibans didn't kill hundreds of thousands or caused terror among free thinkers for hundreds of years. It's one thing for believers to recognize the authority of their church, but quite another for secular governments to recognize the sovereignty and treat with respect a religious organization with a heavy past.

The Holocaust was also sponsored by the Catholic Church. Hitler was himself a Roman Catholic till his death and had the blessings of the Vatican to eliminate the infidels from Europe.

Israel is a state with religious connotation too. But contrarily to the Vatican it can be viewed as an ethnic state, for the Jews, not just the state of one religion. There is no Vatican ethnicity. It is very hypocritical to debate the right of existence of Israel and not the one of Vatican. Anybody who attacks Israel's right of existence should also attack the Vatican's. Muslims around the world will never convince anyone that Israel shouldn't be if they don't first stop recognizing the Vatican as a sovereign state.

I suppose who is defined as a terrorsit depends on which side of the fence you sit. You could label the CIA the biggest terrorist :gun:eek:rganisation in modern times.

Interesting to see that Extremist Republican Secularist Bullshit is still alive and well in France.
I suppose the king will have to wait a little longer before he gets his crown back.

Strikes me that when the Ronan Catholic Church launched the Crusades they were actually running contrary to the teaching of Christ, whereas expansion and conquest including “conversion by the sword” is entirely within Koranic chapter and verse.

Interesting to see that Extremist Republican Secularist Bullshit is still alive and well in France.
I suppose the king will have to wait a little longer before he gets his crown back.

Do you deny that the Inquisition happened ? Do you deny that the Church forced the conversion of Amerindians and killed millions who didn't want to accept their faith ?

If you think that is bullshit you are very disrespectful of the memory of all those who died. You are a holocaust denier, a Neo-nazi Christian perhaps.

Strikes me that when the Ronan Catholic Church launched the Crusades they were actually running contrary to the teaching of Christ, whereas expansion and conquest including “conversion by the sword” is entirely within Koranic chapter and verse.

That's true but being a Christian is not limited to following the teaching of Christ. That's only half of the Bible and it misses the most important element in a religion, the religious authority. Rome has completely transformed the original Christianism by adding lots of new beliefs, rules and rituals that cannot be found in the Bible. In the middle ages if you were a Christian you had no choice but do like the Church said. If you disagreed the Inquisition would torture you or execute you. If you wanted to follow only the New Testament and turn a deaf ear to the Church, you would be considered a heretic and be persecuted. The organisation that did all this is the Roman Catholic Church and it is now an internationally recognised sovereign state, the Vatican. Imagine if the Nazi regime had not fallen and Hitler's successors still ruled Germany. Unacceptable, right ? It's the same for the Vatican, but in worse. They persecuted all Europeans, even Christians, for over one thousand years, not one decade like Hitler.

Do you deny that the Inquisition happened ? Do you deny that the Church forced the conversion of Amerindians and killed millions who didn't want to accept their faith ?
If you think that is bullshit you are very disrespectful of the memory of all those who died. You are a holocaust denier, a Neo-nazi Christian perhaps.

I hope you wiped the spittle from your screen after you typed that furious swivel-eyed lunacy.

I deny nothing. Nor are you, O French Republican, in position to take moral high ground.

Last edited:
Christ was a romantic, gullible nerd. Mohamed was opportunistic, selfish warrior. This explains the difference in their teachings. The first new a squat about family life, or normal life. Mohamed, on other hand, teaches how to treat and control women and terrorize unbelievers.

PS. Do you know why we don't have profits or messiahs anymore? Because we close them in psychiatric wards these days.

Obama was effectively elected as a prophet, so I'm not sure your point is as strong as you'd like.

That's true but being a Christian is not limited to following the teaching of Christ.

Whoo Hoo! Smithers, release the hounds!

(Art this point I must declare an interest. I was a Baptist Pastor for some years before “seeing the light” and it wasn’t the light brought by Lucifer, it was the light of reality.)

And so ………

Being a Christian IS limited to following the teaching of Jesus! Being a member of a church that has elements of Christianity as its base is a different matter.

There are many Christians who are members of churches and congregations that themselves are NOT Christian (and sad to say) more than a few non-Christians who are members of congregations in which the majority are, but a true Christian is someone who accepts Christ as their personal saviour and strives to follow his teaching. NOTHING MORE is required.

That's only half of the Bible and it misses the most important element in a religion, the religious authority.

The ONLY religious authority is The Holy “Ghost”. All else is the work of man. The Bible must be viewed with great suspicion considering its origin, the outcome of a deal struck between Church and State at Nicea sixteen hundred years ago when the Roman Empire needed another string to its bow.

In this regard at best the Bible provides the comments and observations of men claiming to be writing while influenced by The Holy Ghost but a Christian must for himself and based on his Christianity take it as guidance and nothing more.

Rome has completely transformed the original Christianism by adding lots of new beliefs, rules and rituals that cannot be found in the Bible.

The Roman Catholic Church is NOT Christian.

Worth note is that amongst other things the RC has had the audacity to change the Decalogue (the ten commandments – Ex 20:1 – 17) by dropping one and splitting another into two to retain the “ten”.

In the middle ages if you were a Christian you had no choice but do like the Church said. If you disagreed the Inquisition would torture you or execute you. If you wanted to follow only the New Testament and turn a deaf ear to the Church, you would be considered a heretic and be persecuted. The organisation that did all this is the Roman Catholic Church and it is now an internationally recognised sovereign state, the Vatican. Imagine if the Nazi regime had not fallen and Hitler's successors still ruled Germany. Unacceptable, right ? It's the same for the Vatican, but in worse. They persecuted all Europeans, even Christians, for over one thousand years, not one decade like Hitler.

So much there that I utterly agree with although some points could be refined.

What is especially noteworthy in connection with the Vatican prior to, during, and in the following years after WW2 is its behaviour under Eugenio Pacelli, Pius XII (there’s a use of the word “pius” that is unique) a real piece of dirt if ever there was.

And how, after the event and just as is now taking place in connection with their disgraceful behaviour with regard to “kiddie fiddling” priests, rather than come clean The Management have taken every step to hush the whole thing up.

THAT is where the REAL wickedness is. What individuals did is bad enough goodness knows, but the response by the Vatican is beyond disgusting, it is evil incarnate.

This thread has been viewed 11008 times.

Back