R1b1b2a1b4

brianco

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-U152 BY3644/A9024
mtDNA haplogroup
H1c3b 'Helga'
Any FamilytreeDNA members that have done the deep clade R test and have a R1b1b2a1b4+(U152+)result, please join the U152+ project at FTDNA.

Please PM me for the link :)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Note that only people who tested U152+ with FTDNA can join.

Note that only people who tested U152+ with FTDNA can join.

I don't know how the R-U152 Project operates, but we let people join the R-L21 Plus Project with as little as a 12-marker FTDNA test as long as they have an L21+ result from a reputable company: FTDNA, 23andMe, Ethnoancestry, Genebase, etc. They just email me the test results, and if they are L21+, they're good to go.

That is why you will still see some red R1b1b2s on our Y-DNA Results page. Those folks tested L21+ with some company other than FTDNA. We even have a few with the green R1b1b2a1b that shows they tested up to P312 with FTDNA but then, for whatever reason, tested L21+ with some other company, mostly 23andMe or Ethnoancestry.

Of course, I prefer that members get their L21+ from FTDNA. That way they show up in their FTDNA projects with the green R1b1b2a1b5 of the YCC Tree that FTDNA uses.

Hi Rich

I will contact Tib and ask how the U152 project operates the 'entry' system. There are 3 red R1b1b2 in the unassigned section so they maybe none FTDNA.

I would post the project link, but I haven't posted enough to post URLs yet!

I don't know how the R-U152 Project operates, but we let people join the R-L21 Plus Project with as little as a 12-marker FTDNA test as long as they have an L21+ result from a reputable company: FTDNA, 23andMe, Ethnoancestry, Genebase, etc. They just email me the test results, and if they are L21+, they're good to go.

That is why you will still see some red R1b1b2s on our Y-DNA Results page. Those folks tested L21+ with some company other than FTDNA. We even have a few with the green R1b1b2a1b that shows they tested up to P312 with FTDNA but then, for whatever reason, tested L21+ with some other company, mostly 23andMe or Ethnoancestry.

Of course, I prefer that members get their L21+ from FTDNA. That way they show up in their FTDNA projects with the green R1b1b2a1b5 of the YCC Tree that FTDNA uses.

What I mean is that you need to have tested some Y-DNA with FTDNA. They don't allow results from another company, even if you tested mtDNA at FTDNA.

What I mean is that you need to have tested some Y-DNA with FTDNA. They don't allow results from another company, even if you tested mtDNA at FTDNA.

That's true. FTDNA does offer an initial testing discount to those who have already tested with some of the other companies:

http://www.familytreedna.com/PDF/PROMO_GAP.pdf

Of course, not all of the other companies are included yet.

"Note that only people who tested U152+ with FTDNA can join"

The above still stands after communication with the project admin!
Only people with a U152+ deep clade result from FTDNA can join!

Thanks for adding the project link in my 1st post Maciamo (y)

"Note that only people who tested U152+ with FTDNA can join"

The above still stands after communication with the project admin!
Only people with a U152+ deep clade result from FTDNA can join!

Thanks for adding the project link in my 1st post Maciamo (y)

That's stricter than we are. I believe the R-U106 Project also follows our procedure and allows men in who tested U106+ or S21+ with some other company as long as they have at least a 12-marker y-dna test from FTDNA.

I think what we and the U106 Project do works well. I have found that guys who tested L21+ (or S145+) with some other company will often order FTDNA's Deep Clade-R just to get a confirmation of their results and also to get that green "R1b1b2a1b5" of a confirmed FTDNA result. It's a good recruiting tool for FTDNA, if you ask me.

Otherwise, you miss people who have an FTDNA STR test but who tested their SNPs with some other company. I care more about the actual distribution of L21 than I do about which company someone tested with (and I am a loyal FTDNA customer).

Does anyone have an opinion of how an Elliot ended up being R-L2*? I'm the only one on the planet, to date.

This thread has been viewed 14553 times.

Back