PDA

View Full Version : Millitary intelegence = oxymoron

Gwyllgi
20-03-10, 11:29
Oxymoron? Plain moron in this case.

I’m a fairly laid back old Gwyllgi, mostly preferring a warm fire to a dark lane these days, but sometimes things annoy me and my hackles rise.

I’ve just read an article describing an outrageous attack made on the Dutch contingent of the UN forces by a US military loud mouth for failing to prevent the Srebrenica massacre in 1995 because the Dutch were ……..

wait for it ……..

GAY.

General John Sheehan, an ex NATO commander and senior marine officer made the claim at a Senate hearing where he argued against plans Obama has to end a ban on allowing gays to serve openly in the US military.

This from a man who was a senior officer in a military corps who openly claim to “never leave comrades behind”

Or should that be "never to leave a comrade’s behind".

After all, we know what is said about those who “protests too much”.

But to be serious.

The Srebrenica incident took place because of the terms of engagement that the Dutch were having to comply with in what was in reality another US led intervention in Europe during what was initially civil war.

A civil war as a result of one population trying to regain the lands that had systematically been stolen from them over many years.

What took place was terrible, but terrible on both sides and to both sides.

But now, for some lame brained loud mouthed homophobe to slander brave men encumbered by their orders as a supporting argument for his own bigotry really is beyond the pale.

At least, that’s what I think.

The full article is at http://tinyurl.com/yb4bb8t (http://tinyurl.com/yb4bb8t) (The UK Daily Telegraph of today’s date)

Reinaert
15-12-10, 19:47
Haha.. The real story is the Dutch were fooled then to take over an impossible task.
Bigger states wanted to get out of there. Then the stupid Dutch government sent Dutch soldiers. They didn't even have the hardware to fight!
Their most heavy weapon was a .50 caliber machine gun.

The Dutch were tricked in an impossible position in Srebrenica.
Fooled by a French high brass general.

Dutch soldiers knew what was happening there.
And that's why they didn't fight the Serbs.
Why should they?

Protect men that fight during the night,
and come back into Dutch protection during the day?