mybodymyself

Reaction score
My name is Jessica. Still live with my parents, Metro New York, on the New Jersey Side of it USA. Have an fraternal twin sister as well. Born with a Neurologically based speech impairment/apraxia-dysarthria. Suffering from depression/anxiety for awhile now. Yet to reach this stage of life and etc. I'm an student of life and clerical volunteer.

My name is Jessica. Still live with my parents, Metro New York, on the New Jersey Side of it USA. Have an fraternal twin sister as well. Born with a Neurologically based speech impairment/apraxia-dysarthria. Suffering from depression/anxiety for awhile now. Yet to reach this stage of life and etc. I'm an student of life and clerical volunteer.
'Bore da' ( say it as “Burra daa”) from Cymri (sa it as “cum ri”), Wales.

It’s a beautiful morning here on Anglesey, Spring is late but over the last few days has been catching up with herself wonderful!

All the early trees are vivid green and the blossom is out on the blackthorn and other early flowering trees and the new born lambs are going wild in the field that I can see through my study window.

Really funny they are, tails almost as long as their bodies and literally full of the joys of spring dancing around while their dams look on almost with distain at their antics!

We’ve had a hard winter, at least hard for us, and now things seem to be on the up and up it’s a joy to see.

I’m not long here myself.

An old guy compared to the rest, married with a son and a granddaughter, and retired from the daily grind.

We’ve got two cats, or rather we’re looked after by two cats (ever noticed how cats don’t have owners, they have servants?) and are still missing our beloved old sheepdog, Bee, a Welsh Border Collie who died last year leaving a horrid hole in our home and hearts.

Depression is it? It’s a horrible thing that I’ve been subject to spells of throughout my life. So many people simply have no idea, but THINK they have an idea, of what depression is. That makes it worse because they come out with such inane remarks, at least that’s my experience.

As for anxiety, best way to deal with that is delegate it.

Make some other bugger anxious by what you threaten them with! Works wonders when you meet strangers, they’re usually as nervous as you I find so get in while their guard’s down!

(Doesn’t work with policemen, immigration, or customs officials )

So have a nice day, no, really, not just the automatic responses, really have a nice day!

And I for one certainly look forward to your membership here.

(stick around and I’ll teach you how to swear in Welsh!)

A beautiful day is an awsome state of mind. I, too, have had serious bouts with depression. Especially when I became totally disabled at the age of 37 and with a two year old son to raise. But, with proper medical care, and a loving family, I was able to win the battle and have no more than normal periods of depression. As I lay in my bed and look from my window and see all the things of nature about me, I see the handywork of a great God at work. The towering trees, the wildlife on my lawn, such as whitetail deer and foxes, wild turkey and my neighbors.... sometimes the neighbors are more wild than the deer and foxes...

I live in each moment, each day and each year. The present time is most precious, more than the past and more certain than the future.. so why worry about the past and future, when we have the present to mould and dwell?

I find that a loving relationship with my family, friends and my God is all that is really necessary. Everything else finds its own niche and I love being a part of it.

I have no belief in god. Any god.

I've grown out of that.

Maybe that is the reason that you are depressed....

Everyone needs something concrete to beleive in... if not, then there is a sense of worthlessness and need.

Maybe that is the reason that you are depressed....

Everyone needs something concrete to beleive in... if not, then there is a sense of worthlessness and need.

Depression, real depression not just that thing that everyone is in danger of getting from time to time, is almost always an inherited condition.

Religion on the other hand is an infection.

A Mental Virus, a “meme” that were it not passed down from those with the infection, the new born would not then carry it with them like some form of intellectual herpes.

At best religion is a comfort blanket for those unable to face reality, at its worst it is the imposition of a horrible constraint on life, thought, freedom, and vision for those suffering from it.

A thing invented in antiquity by men claiming power over others from some “secret knowledge”, A thing dreamed up as an über “Mr. Nobody” to blame for what was not understandable at the time or just plain apparent animosity of fortune.

If people need their comfort blanket then just as long as they don’t try to smother those who do not in the thing it’s their issue.

But don’t for a moment in time think that those who have grown up and faced cold reality are in some way losing out on some great secret. We’re not. It’s not us who haven’t discovered “The Great Secret”.

We have.

I understand your reasoning... I have heard it many times before... I will not smother you with my blanket.. dont worry...

Since you have grown up and now know for sure that you understand all the implications of religion, and you know for sure that clinical depression is an illness caused by a mutated gene, then you should be happy with yourself and stop ranting about religion.

But, it makes me wonder why you are so defiant when someone mentions God. Does it scare you that much?

But, it makes me wonder why you are so defiant when someone mentions God. Does it scare you that much?

Yes. The dreadful things that people do in "his" name terrify me.

Religion on the other hand is an infection.

A Mental Virus, a “meme” that were it not passed down from those with the infection, the new born would not then carry it with them like some form of intellectual herpes.

Memetic theory holds that almost all of our knowledge and language is a meme.

I hardly think it's a justification for you spitting nonsense, singling religion out as a harmful disease of the mind.

Howdy and welcome. What brings you here?

Welcome, Jessica. Happy to have you here.:)

This thread has been viewed 13711 times.

Back