PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tell me?

Gwyllgi
23-04-10, 11:21
Anyone know where and what the “Wailing Wall” is?

Mycernius
24-04-10, 13:41
It is the remains of the second temple built by Herod the Great.
Wiki article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Wall)

Gwyllgi
24-04-10, 17:16
Right, so that means it's a very old Jewish site in Jerusalem which is Israel?

(You can guess this is gong somewhere! )

A ke bono kane kotto
27-04-10, 09:38
Right, so that means it's a very old Jewish site in Jerusalem which is Israel?

(You can guess this is gong somewhere! )

I think I got it ! Wailing wall ... Wales ! :grin:

Gwyllgi
27-04-10, 11:52
No. The UK Advertising Standards Agency are trying to claim that The Western Wall isn't in Israel. All part of the present attempts to discredit a legitimate nation by a nation of illegitimacy.

There's something rotten about the UK at present. Something that needs rooting out.

Michael Folkesson
27-04-10, 12:09
A form of idolatry in the same way as the Ka'abah. What is this agency and where do they claim it to be?

Gwyllgi
27-04-10, 12:30
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8620389.stm

Note - ONE letter of complaint.

The ASA needs reaming.

Michael Folkesson
27-04-10, 13:00
Beh. The only real solution for those countries would be a federation. But all in all, it's time to let go of the support of Israel. They don't give a damn about what the position is from the western world towards their actions in Palestine. They know the US will back them up almost whatever they do. It might be a legitimate state, but hey, the Palestinians have just grievances and right to a country of their own. The nature of the conflict, history and the geography of the region only gives a federation with Jerusalem as a common capital as a real solution. But it's all in Israels hands. I don't cry for them not getting to show their wall on an ad. Stop building settlements, and withdraw from the previous ones on Palestinian lands, then I might feel they make an effort. Until then, Israel have little sympathy from my side.

Technically it is in Palestine, but I agree that this ad issue is silly.