haplogroups and peoples

danilobu

Reaction score
Athough his webpage about origin and spread of European haplogroups be exemplary, I have found in the forum some claims by our webmaster that I do not agree. They are the following ones.
- Neanderthal genes in modern humans: all genetic data available at present (just mtDNA unfortunately) refute this theory;
- Mankind as carnivore specie: human dental system and biological dysfunctions occurring to those who have a diet rich of meat refute this theory;
- Blue eyes and blond hair from Kurgan people: as said by another member of eupedian forum community it is very difficult to believe that those characters were originated in men with an haplogroup close related with American natives’ one. I believe that first men to have blue eyes and blond hair lived about 10000 years ago in West Baltic shores and were of haplogroup I. Moreover I believe that haplogroup R men of late Neolithic migration wave have features similar to nowadays Tajiks;
- Lapps as Mongolic race: to belong mainly to haplogroup N does not mean to have Mongolic physical traits: haplogroups are not peoples (at least to day);
- Indoeuropean languages from Kurgan people: even if possible we do not have any proven theory about origin of IE languages and I think that, without a time machine, we will never have anyone. Nevertheless I have noted that North IE languages as Germanic, Slavic and Celtic ones have a less rich inflection system in verbs (conjugation) than South IE languages as Latin, Greek and Sanskrit and a syntax a bit different. I think that North IE languages have conserved the structure of pre IE languages borrowing most of the words from new settlers’ speech.

I share with you some of your points, the IE problem has a lot of dark problems and trying to attribute genetic mutations, phenotypes or archeologic records to well defined linguistic groups without any doubt is not very convincing.

This thread has been viewed 8176 times.

Back