Aristander

Reaction score
Ethnic group
German
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b1b2a1b*
mtDNA haplogroup
H1
How long does it take once you buy the kit? Does FTDNA need a new swab or can they get it from what I have already submitted?

No they don't need a new swab. As far as I know they only send you a new swab kit if you decide to take part in the "Walk the Y" project. I've just gotten my Deep clade test for R. It took about 3-4 weeks I would think. In my case I'm:
P312+ L21+ M37- M222- P66-

I've order the additional L21 tests to see if I can pick narrow down my position in L21.

The time it takes is varies a lot from a test to another. It can range from as little as 2 weeks to many months. I know of someone whose test took almost a year to complete because the DNA sample was of bad quality.

Thanks to both of you Gentlemen! (y)
My original test came back as R1b1b2* Predicted M269, so there is quite a bit of variation below that rather general grouping. I hope that they are able to get it down to a confirmed group.

I'm also R1b1b2* predicted M269 and waiting for my 37 marker update. So can someone tell me what levels of subclades a deep clade will cover with R1b1b2? Will L44-L48 be included? What if I'm L21, P312 or U152 will all the subclades under them be covered? FTDNA's does not list what is covered with a deep clade test. Should I just wait since I suspect I'm L48 based on ysearch matches and new subclades of L48 are being found?
I'm pretty tight on cash now so I can't be spending $20-$50 a pop on testing subclades.

This thread has been viewed 8635 times.

Back