Do you brush your teeth in the kitchen sink ?

Do you brush your teeth in the kitchen ?

• Always or very often ; I find it normal

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • I've done it, but it's not usual (or not in front of other people)

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • Never ! I find it disgusting !

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • Don't know, don't care, other...

Votes: 22 20.8%

• Total voters

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I have always found that disgusting, especially in front of other people eating. That's the kind of behaviour that is not cultural, because I've seen people doing it in any country, but can be a personal no-no depending on everyone's sensitivity.

I'll start a series of polls like that to assess everybody's opinion or sensitivity about everyday situations. Feel free to post some yourself.

I'm sometimes brushing my teeth in front of the PC, but never ever in the kitchen sink, lol.

thomas said:
I'm sometimes brushing my teeth in front of the PC, but never ever in the kitchen sink, lol.

I sometimes brush my teeth while taking a shower... and shave too!

I remember doing that when i was a little kid, because my parents told me to. Didn't like brushing my teeth back then. There was no toothpaste that actually tasted good.

I don't use the kitchensink anymore, but i don't actually see what's wrong with it. A sink is a sink and if you clean up after yourself it shouldn't be a problem.

Heck, i've seen people brushing their teeth at work.

I don't know. I think it's kind of disgusting because of spitting in close proximity to food preparation surfaces. :p

I guess because I was taught from way back not to do that in the kitchen sink, though. Also, if we come in from outside and are dirty, we should also take washing our hands to the bathroom too. That was also a kitchen sink no-no...hehe...

i think theres alot of nastier, dirty things that end up goind down the kitchen sink than toothpaste spit. week old food for example. also kirei's point of people coming in from outside washing their hands is a good one, i myself have come in from working on my car and used the kitchen sink. i dont really see any problem with either, a sink is a sink. though my stove and frige and everything else for cooking is on the other side of the kitchen.

Heh, and considering the amount of insects crawling out of any vegetable when you wash it in the sink, a little toothpaste and spit isn't going to kill you. I've seen entire caterpillars crawl out of lettuce. :)

Twisted said:
Heh, and considering the amount of insects crawling out of any vegetable when you wash it in the sink, a little toothpaste and spit isn't going to kill you. I've seen entire caterpillars crawl out of lettuce. :)

Guess health standards are different in grocery stores in the netherlands! I've never seen any bugs in my fruits and vegtables from the stores.

Depends on where you buy it. Not everyone likes their food to be poisoned by insect-killing chemicals.

Come to think of it... the aforementioned lettuce was probably given to us by a relative that grew his own food. :)

True. Stuff in the grocery stores here are so shot up with hormones and covered in pesticides that you would never find something with bugs in it. I'd much rather have something with some bugs on it than to have it full of chemicals, though. I grew up on a farm, so I'm used to it anyway and I grow a lot of my own stuff now, so I guess bugs are crawling all over the place at my house... :p

I have to brush my teeth at the kitchen sink cos our apartment doesn't have a bathroom sink. Just a bathroom. It feels weird but I have no choice at the moment. :)

teeth

I just take mine out and drop them in a little plastic tub and drop in a blue effident tab. Thanks to many years of drinking Pepsi and living on sugar; brushing isn't a problem.
If I run out of cleaning tabs, just drop the teeth in the fish tank and in a day or two, clean as new!

no! my mother does it and i find it horrible. it puts me off my food. besides if we all did that whats the point of the bathroom?

I have a bathroom so i use the sink there.

I use to wash my hair in the sink when i was little cos my grandma's house didn't have a shower head and we had to rely on a well.
Plus my kitchen sink is too far away from the mirror so i can't see what I'm doing :)

I guess if you don't have a bathroom sink you've got to make do with what you have. And it's far better than not brushing your teeth. (bleerch i HATE morning breath...ewwww.)

absolutely not :auch:

that is yucky x___X

I find our bathroom to be cleaner than our kitchen:sick:

Well, this was certainly a different kind of question! :D I voted "no" to the kitchen sink. I brush mine at the bathroom sink or while in the shower. (But it's not like anyone really needs to know that about me!) :D

This thread has been viewed 78380 times.

Back