Spain before the dictatorship.times

Carlitos

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Ethnic group of those who are going to die.
Y-DNA haplogroup
E1b1b1a3 V22+
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c
Aware of the Spain before the dictatorship that kept Spain isolated from the rest of Europe and the world.

mapain.jpg

INDUSTRIAL AREAS AND RAILROADS IN SPAIN ON 1870.

escanear0057.jpg

The rail network in 1880.

mpalat.jpg

Smallholdings, insufficient to support a family.
Medium to long holliday plots.
Medium farms leased in small parcels and short-term
Estates.

The industrial revolution Andalusian

In 1856, anadalucía was the second Spanish region in terms of degree of industrializacón. A century later was practically in line, with an index of industrialization less than 50 100 middle-level Spanish. While between 1856 and 1900 Andalusia had a level of industrialization than the national average in the branches of power, metallurgy, chemistry and ceramics, from 1915 this supremacy was reduced to the food and chemical industries. According to proponents of the so-called dependency theory, the fundamental causes of the failure of industry and regional economy in the late nineteenth century would have been: first, the Andalusian agriculture more productive have always been tied to exports very elastic demand, which could never serve as an engine of development, finally depleted their chances during the agricultural crisis of the penultimate decade of the century, on the other hand, mining, which could have served as a potent source of accumulation, not did by virtue of his outstanding mining and looting, third lacked a financial structure capable of channeling resources to the industry, always preferring business, and even burying substantial resources in building the railroad, fourth, integration Andalusia in the market's national, when the railway line was completely over, had dealt a severe blow to the economy of the region to become a small part of a much wider territory, and finally, the Bourbon Restoration would have made the Andalusian industrial oligarchy oligarchy politics mainly lives in Madrid that had enhanced unbalanced growth, which had specialized Andalusia definitely exporting agricultural activities, with low wages and high profits for landlords, had subsequently been invested in industrial activities center, high wages and high purchasing power.
Hypothesis, in short, to explain economic underdevelopment Andalusian:

Population growth in the nineteenth century that will push down wages in the labor market and help to prevent the substitution of labor by physical capital.
Unequal distribution of wealth and income will discourage investment in consumer goods industry.
Avoiding tariff protectionism in agriculture landowner, the transformation of farming methods and traditional production itself, except in cases of olive, citrus and other crops on the cereal-minority thereby perpetuating an economic system based primarily on extensive agriculture in employment of labor.
The protectionist policy that is strengthened in the late nineteenth and early twentieth promote the industrialization of the regions of North and discourage, while the investment in regions with comparative advantage in a potentially productive human capital.
However, this human capital business, in the case of Andalusia, is located, preferably, in agriculture, mostly for reasons of profitability, and technical human capital and labor in the secondary and tertiary sectors is limited to the extent that the low income level of most of the population resulted in low level of training.
For the foregoing factors are yields of traditional agriculture in most of the eastern provinces, where smallholder scheme was the dominant property.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
Andalusian industrialization

The textile industry

In Seville, the company formed by Calzada, Munilla and stop was installed in 1849 a steam mill with 3,720 spindles and 2,648 twisting spin, and 17 looms. In Cadiz, we know of an important "Factory Gaditana of Cotton Yarns and Fabrics, steamed, with a capital of three million reais and a staff of 250 workers, worked from 1847 to 1869. In Málaga, Larios Heredia and joined forces to create, in 1846, the reason "Industry Malagueña, SA", which has remained until the 1960's. From 1886 onwards, made a sign regression, the difficulties of the eighties, which brought the desacelarión industrial Catalonia, originating in Málaga outright decline.

The iron and steel industry

In 1826, Manuel Agustín Heredia, formed a partnership to exploit the magnetic iron farms Ojén, not far from Marbella, the factory on the banks of the Rio Verde, he proposed obtaining Piperia strips and plates. As the magnetite Ojén presented many difficulties to the merger by the traditional method is adopted the English method, obtaining the ingot to charcoal in Rio Verde (factory "La Concepción"), refined and rolled to the coal on the beach in Malaga ( factory "La Constancia"). The blast furnaces, reverberatory furnaces puddler and "La Concepción" and "La Constancia" have been the first civil purposes, living in Spain. Because the First Carlist War, there was paralysis of the northern forgings, demand was diverted to factories in the South, including the manufacture of "Pedroso", these factories in 1844 contributed 72 per 100 of all Spanish cast, cause that these and other smelters closed Andalusia, was mainly the strong protectionism Asturian coal.

The food industry

The food industry in the region was well above average levels in the nation. In the late nineteenth century, lost opportunities for the steel, textile and mining nearly exhausted and in foreign hands, Andalucía view seems to return to agricultural activities. These are mainly four wines of Jerez, the grapes of Almeria, the acit of Cordoba and Jaen and Malaga and Granada sugar.

"The "sherry"

Between 1823 and 1873 quadrupled sherry exports. At the end of this period were for the cultivation of vines about 7,800 acres, employing between 8,000 and 10,000 people, 20 per 100 population in the region. sherry dependence on foreign markets, sometimes for reasons as trivial as repeated media campaigns unleashed in Britain about the harmful effects of their consumption, too often caused price collapses, as occurred in 1863 and 1890, rendered impossible to think of a sufficiently strong export base. Its production was organized on the basis of three major economic groups: the growers, the wholesalers and exporters was the strongest group in which only five houses, Garvey, Domecq and Gonzalez, exported more than 50 gp 100 of the total. This latter group, which had been the only one capable of triggering a process of industrial diversification from a previous build, could not do it because the foster care system required very large sums devoted to the construction of large warehouses.

Sugar

In 1845 he began a new stage of flowering of sugar cane cultivation on the coast of Malaga and Granada, which reaches its climax at the end of the century, coinciding with the loss of the last American colonies. Only in Granada came to have six plants with a capacity of 1,280,000 arrobas daily grind cane. In 1900 the whole of the Vega of Granada, was devoted to growing sugar beet, with an annual production of 20,000 tons of sugar. Excess capacity led to a crisis of overproduction that resulted involved in the formation in 1904 of the General Sugar Company, consisting of more than 90 per 100 sugar factories in Spain. After 1904, the Vega of Granada, the richest region of the province was gradually decreasing importance, from 95 per 100 in 1885 to 93 per 100 in 1890 and 60 100 1895.

Last edited:
IND19.jpg

Firefighters Cartagena (Murcia) 1893.

Throughout the nineteenth century is the gradual rise of the bike settings, culminating in the last decade, creating a kind of boom or madness in the world. This madness of the bicycle has to be understood in the context of a sports movement that runs the advanced countries in the late nineteenth century.

The first races of cycles was not official and took place inside the city. The news found oldest correspond to Lorca and Murcia.

In the capital the full council in 1881 prohibited such competition because the tours were organized in the city.

Once the race began to be held in the velodrome, the consistory of attitude change, even to finance with 250 pesetas, as happened in 1898.

Almeria (Andalusia) cycling in the nineteenth century

Almeria cycling Solid was born in the late nineteenth century, coinciding with the condition almost an Olympic sport in the first Games of Athens 1896. The author made a thorough tour of the races of the season, cyclists pedal figures who visited us, the projection of our first runners, the scenes of the capital, Adra, Cuevas de Almanzora and Berja basically ... up even the start of cycling.

Don't waste your time pretending that you're spaniard and that you're here for constructive reasons, TROLL. :giggle:

Ya lo tengo ignorado. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
La Generación del
CCG27.jpg

Tres poetas de la Generación del 27: Federico García Lorca, Luis Cernuda y Vicente Aleixandre.

tres.jpg

The Generation of '27 (Spanish: Generación del 27) was an influential group of poets that arose in Spanish literary circles between 1923 and 1927, essentially out of a shared desire to experience and work with avant-garde forms of art and poetry. Their first formal meeting took place in Seville in 1927 to mark the 300th anniversary of the death of the baroque poet Luis de Góngora. Writers and intellectuals celebrated an homage in the Ateneo de Sevilla, which retrospectively became the foundational act of the movement.

generacion

The Generation of '27 cannot be neatly categorized stylistically, due to wide variety of genres and styles cultivated by its members. While some members, such as Jorge Guillén, wrote in a style that has been loosely called jubilant and joyous and celebrates the instant, others, such as Rafael Alberti, underwent a poetic evolution which led him from youthful poetry of a more romantic vein to politically engaged verses later in life.
The group tried to bridge the gap between Spanish popular culture and folklore, classical literary tradition and European avant-guardes. It evolved from pure poetry which emphasized music in poetry, in the vein of Baudelaire, to Futurism, Cubism, Ultraist and Creationism, to become influenced by Surrealism and finally to disperse in interior and exterior exile following the Civil War and World War II (sometimes gathered by historians under the term of the "European Civil War"). The Generation of '27 made a frequent use of visionary images, free verses and the so-called impure poetry preconized by Pablo Neruda.

gener27b.jpg

Julio Cervera Baviera. Julio Cervera (Segorbe January 26, 1854, Madrid 1929)

Inventor of the Radio.

This engineer and commander he studied physical sciences at the University of Valencia Valladolid cavalry cadet, becoming part in 1878 of the Military Engineering School of Guadalajara.

During the Spanish-American War of 1898, he was commissioned to defense ternative hill overlooking the road between Guayama and Cayey, having its climax in the battle of the same name (August 9, 1898), which succeeded in repelling an attack by U.S. troops. After the war he became famous by publishing a booklet, The defense of Puerto Rico, which intended to promote the General Macías lashed Puerto Rican volunteers.

Julio+Cervera+Baviera.jpg

In 1899, after the war ended, focusing on his role as an engineer, worked for 3 months with Guglielmo Marconi and his assistant, George Kemp. He obtained his first patent on wireless telegraphy before year's end. According to Prof. Ángel Faus one of the most prominent is the remote control of equipment and systems, the remote ancestor. Angel Faus, professor at the University of Navarra, in his <The Radio in Spain. 1896-1977>, Julio Cervera attributed the invention of the first technical system of the Radio. Julio Cervera according to recent research, is the true inventor of radio, namely eleven years before Marconi did. True, before Marconi invented wireless telegraphy Cervera, but that was only signals. Cervera invented after we know today as radio, to transmit the human voice-not-wireless signals from Alicante to Ibiza in 1902.

Another notable contribution was the creation in 1903 of the Free School of Engineers in Valencia, one of the first experiences of distance education worldwide. He also created the design of the old tram in Tenerife.

He also wrote a book about two African territories of Spain, "Parsley Island and Santa Cruz de Mar Pequeña", with their prophetic views.

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxyTHx9oj5g

ANTONIO MORENO FIRST SPANISH ACTOR IN HOLLYWOOD.

Antonio Moreno (Madrid, Spain, September 26, 1887 - Los Angeles, California, USA, February 15, 1967) was a Spanish actor. His real name was Antonio Garrido Moreno Monteagudo. Sometimes known in English as 'Tony Moreno', was one of the 'sex symbol' and most famous actors of the silent era of cinema, sharing the bill with actresses like Greta Garbo, Pola Negri, Gloria Swanson and Clara Bow.

Antonio_Moreno-01.jpg

------------------

Rosita Díaz Gimeno, Spanish actress (1911 - 1986).

He was born on September 13, 1911 (some sources cite 1908) in Madrid.

Rosita Diaz Gimeno was one of the most important actresses of Spanish cinema during the Second Spanish Republic. In the 30's, went to Hollywood as well as other actors of the time, to PARTICIPATE in the Spanish versions of American films. But he soon returned to Spain and continued to act for the screen until the Civil War. Rosita Diaz was married to the son of the president, Juan Negrin, making it look forced into exile after the victory of fascism. He lived in the United States, where he became a professor at Princeton University. He also worked as an actress in theater and film both in New York, where he finally settled and Mexico.

He died in New York on August 23, 1986 and was buried in the privacy of that city.

Rosita+Diaz.jpg

----------------------------

Concepción Andrés Picado, known as Conchita Montenegro, (San Sebastian, September 11, 1911 - Madrid, April 26, 2007), model, dancer and Spanish actress. Today, almost forgotten after more than 60 years removed from the scene, noted for being the first Spanish woman who triumphed in Hollywood, in both Spanish and English.

202142010_4328b3feed.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE9Fo7xDUAA&feature=fvw

...and many other Spanish actors and film technicians in Hollywood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s4IXXumCLg&feature=related

http://estrellasdelcineespanol.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

History's first gay marriage in Spain

MARCELA AND ELISA, schoolteachers, lived her lesbianism under wraps until they decided to marry in the Church. To deceive the priest Elisa posing as Mario and led to the altar to his beloved, the daughter of an Army captain. Occurred in A Coruña, on 8 June 1901. When discovered, had to flee Spain. But they had gone down in history as the first gay marriage.

elisa-y-marcela.jpg

Automotive history in Spain.

1889 is a milestone in automotive history Spanish, is the year that i Francesc Bonet Dalmau to build a tricycle equipped with a Daimler engine and with which circulates in the company of other adventurous motorists, the December 12, 1889 requested the patent of the car. Notwithstanding the Francesc Bonet intention was not beyond building this car for his use and enjoyment, but came to acquire Daimler three engines, but in no time seems to have the idea of mass production. That is why, in the same manner as in the international arena that can be considered as the first Spanish car, as if you had a continuity, would 10 years later.

tricicle_bonet.gif

In 1899 The vehicles displayed Cuadra, designed and manufactured in facilities that the Spanish General Society of Motor Cars E. de la Cuadra, Limited Partnership had in Barcelona, which had been founded in late 1898 by Emilio de la Cuadra Albiol. Initially the intention was to manufacture electric vehicles, but the many problems caused Emilio de la Cuadra hired a young Swiss engineer, recently graduated from the Engineering School of Geneva, to assist in the implementation of such engines, but ultimately the little success and the council's own engineer made that focused on the design of vehicles with internal combustion engine, the young man in question was called Marc Birkigt. On The Block with internal combustion engines are manufactured with two engines, a first 905 cc and 4 ½ HP and a second of 1,106 cc and 7 ½ HP. In 1901, financial problems, Emilio de la Cuadra had to close the company, the first car was manufactured in Spain and, as history will tell us, was the cornerstone of a car industry that amazed the world.

t_castro10hp.jpg

Hispano-Suiza.

What is the purpose of this thread ? I don't understand...

Purposes of the author of this blog-thread about Spain:

1. Pretending that he is a spaniard.

2. Pretending that he is here for a serious debate and not for trolling.

Good night I'm going to sleep already.

What issue do not understand?, Automotive, rail network, Spanish actors in Hollywood, specify the subject you do not understand and maybe I can help you understand.

Greetings.

Do not insist lynx, I can not see you, I would have liked Having A could help, I have relatives in the field of psychiatry, but ... you can not send messages. What good luck in life, I ardently hope, though I doubt so.

A few days ago got another post on this wonderful thread and not entered, the program told me that the post would have to see before a moderator, do you still have not seen the moderator?

Really, the paranoria of @Lynx go even against a fellow Spaniard that tries to post positive things of Spain... why?

I for my part, have to mention Santiago Ramon y Cajal as an Spaniard that I admire very much. He was one of the first persons to do extensive research and discoveries of the nervous systems.

His name goes along with people like Paul Brocca, or Werniecke, as one of the fathers of Neuroscience...

Santiago Ramón y Cajal (1 May 1852 – 17 October 1934) was a Spanish histologist, neuroscientist, and Nobel laureate. His pioneering investigations of the microscopic structure of the brain were original: he is considered by many to be the father of modern neuroscience. He was skilled at drawing, and hundreds of his illustrations of brain cells are still used for educational purposes today.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santiago_Ram%C3%B3n_y_Cajal

Cajal-mi.jpg

Here is a German documentary, translated to Spanish, about the discoveries of Santiago Ramon y Cajal.

http://www.tu.tv/videos/santiago-ramon-y-cajal-las-celulas-nervi

Last edited:

Well, I am not the author, but I see that there are thread like "England contributions to the World", "Germany/French contributions", and so fort.

Why not one about "Spain contributions"? I think this thread is more or less about that too.

Hola Sirius2b, gracias. Pues efectivamente me han censurado el hilo, no me dejan continuarlo, si intento seguir posteando, me dice que será revisado por un moderador, pero pasa el tiempo y no me responden. No acierto a entender cuál es el motivo por el que se me ha censurado este maravilloso hilo sobre mi país.

Sirius2b Hi, thanks. Well actually I have censored the thread, do not let me continue it, if I try to keep posting, I said that will be reviewed by a moderator, but time passes and did not respond. I fail to understand what the reason was I censored this wonderful thread about my country.

Hola Sirius2b, gracias. Pues efectivamente me han censurado el hilo, no me dejan continuarlo, si intento seguir posteando, me dice que será revisado por un moderador, pero pasa el tiempo y no me responden. No acierto a entender cuál es el motivo por el que se me ha censurado este maravilloso hilo sobre mi país.

Sirius2b Hi, thanks. Well actually I [= they?] have censored the thread, do not let me continue it, if I try to keep posting, I said that will be reviewed by a moderator, but time passes and did not respond. I fail to understand what the reason was I censored this wonderful thread about my country.

Well, I think the thread is good... however, I don't know what are you talking about, regarding "censorship"... what I post seems to appear immediatly.

Regards.

Ya funciona.

This thread has been viewed 25514 times.

Back