Azerbaijan

TurkmenCopur

Reaction score
Hello all,

At the home page(eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml) of Eupedia it is written that haplogroup T-M70 is found in Azerbaijan with 11%. Could the administrator please tell me the source of the study(study name, author name, etc.) where T-M70 is found in Azerbaijan with 11%? And is this result found with the testing of Snp markers? Or only with Str marker prediction?

Greeting

Last edited:
Maybe nobody knows? Sometimes you have to be patient, and wait for the right person to read your comment.

Sorry for the late reply, but I am very busy.

The 11% is for both K and T. I did not separate the two haplogroups as in the vast majority of cases in Europe and the Middle East, hg K is actually T.

Sorry for the late reply, but I am very busy.

The 11% is for both K and T. I did not separate the two haplogroups as in the vast majority of cases in Europe and the Middle East, hg K is actually T.
So the 11% is the K*-M9(xNotSubtyped)result of the Nasidze et al paper?

The FTDNA Project for Azerbaijan does not have any K or T member yet, but the the Armenian Project has 12 T members and no a single K. This confirms that there is probably no K* left in the Caucasus region (or if any, only traces).

The FTDNA Project for Azerbaijan does not have any K or T member yet, but the the Armenian Project has 12 T members and no a single K. This confirms that there is probably no K* left in the Caucasus region (or if any, only traces).
In my research i also found that one Azeri Turk(not in the project website and there are few Azeri Turk participants at Ftdna) at Ftdna has T-M70.

Earlier i also mailed, Dr. Nasidze, if subtyping of the Azeri Turk samples was possible, but the answer was no unfortunately. I also think that the 11% K*-M9 results in Azerbaijan do belong to T-M70.

This thread has been viewed 10329 times.

Back