Blood type and gender : are women more likely to be A and men O ?

What's your blood type ?

• I am a man => A

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • I am a man => AB

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • I am a man => B

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I am a man => O

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • I am a woman => A

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I am a woman => AB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a woman => B

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I am a woman => O

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
After finding out that women with blood type O were likely of suffering from lower ovarian count, and that type O tended to be protective against cardiovascular problems, I came to wonder whether there was some of natural selection (e.g. among spermatozoa at conception) favouring O blood type for male embryos and A, AB or B blood type for female ones ?

I have noticed that among my relatives and friends women were far more likely to be A, while men were very often O. I have never heard of a difference of blood type distribution according to gender.

For what it's worth I would like to start a little poll here and see whether my suspicions are confirmed. Thanks for voting.

I am A+, exactly as my mother.

O+[Father B-/ Mother O+]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm AB +

Father A-
Mother do not know.

Me (mom) O+
Dad A+
Son O-
Daughter O+
Dad's mom A-
My mom O+

I don't know my mother's or father's blood type, (I don't know where the paperwork is).

However, I was surprised to find out that I am B+, particularly in light of the fact that I read somewhere that it is speculated that B+ people were not as resistant to plague as people of other blood types; some of the towns where my ancestors lived had a 90% mortality from the Black Plague during the Middle Ages.

This is the first I've heard of a connection to gender.

I can tell you, your mother is B+ !
I know her very well :grin:

I really imagined.

I guess you're referring to the group B, because otherwise you could not bear so much beauty and joy. :grin:

I really imagined.

I guess you're referring to the group B, because otherwise you could not bear so much beauty and joy. :grin:

Oh wait... she could have also been AB+ :ashamed2:
Didn't think about that first

With your father's A- and you AB+ there wouldn't be more possibilities than that.

Oh wait... she could have also been AB+ :ashamed2:
Didn't think about that first

With your father's A- and you AB+ there wouldn't be more possibilities than that.

Lo ignoro, es posible.

I asked my mother and said it was B +

I am o negative, the same as my mother. My father and my siblings are all o positive. Also, my husband and 3 children are o positive! There seems to be a lot of group o around in the English midlands.

I am A, and both my children, and my husband, are O positive.

A+

Very common over here.

A- Father was negative also and all my siblings.

You inherit your blood type like everything else, there is no hocus pocus about it. I am A-, my father is A+ and my mother A-. I suppose there must have been a Rhesus minus connection in my father as well, since I inherited the recessive gene. The blood type A is the most common in Norway.

B0 positive, so i'm B carring also the allele for 0

father is A0, mother is AB brother is A (but i don't know if AA or A0)

I`m AB+
father A-
mother B+

Hello!!!

This thread has been viewed 25996 times.

Back