Another $99 sale-23andme

Nasturtium

Reaction score
Ethnic group
UK/German/Irish
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c3i
They've got a new chip, the V.3 1,000,000 chip, and now they charge $5/month for a "subscription".

If you're still interested, you'll need the Promo code - B84YAG
https://www.23andme.com/store/cart/

I don't know how long the sale will last, rumor say's it's just today, so I wouldn't wait.

Is the sale only for US citizens?

No, but my understanding it costs quite a bit more for shipping. Still it's $400 off - may be worth it if you know you're in the market.

Btw, that promo code has ended. Word on the forum is new codes will be released at 10 am Pacific Time. I will check and post back if I can, otherwise I believe 23andme is releasing information on Facebook and/or Twitter. I don't have an account to either so I can't verify that, however.

I'm in, if you post the code I'd greatly appreciate it.

Word on the forum is this is the new code: LOYALFAN

Good luck!

It worked like a charm. Thanks a lot. :)

23andme is now announcing a big "Black Friday" sale (traditional after-Thanksgiving sale that retailers offer) and the promo code is GREATCOMMUNITY.
The one caveat is they note "* The deal is available while supplies last" --- Get in while you can if you've been waiting for this.

Here is a new code if you didn't have time to use the first one : GIZMODO99

It's only valid until 25th November (today).

I'm in too, 'loyalfan' worked for me (y)

For anyone who discovers this post too late, and misses the sale, I have something that will make you feel better.
Because this is essentially a Thanksgiving sale, a holiday for Americans which is sometimes also called "Turkey" day, and Europeans love football (soccer to the Yanks)---I think it should bring a smile to everyone:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/...-revenge-of-Turkey-Tom-?urn=highschool-288285

This maybe a repost, but the sale is now on to the 25th December.

I asked 23andMe:

Will your new V3 chip search for new SNPs on the Male Y?

"Thank you for contacting the 23andMe Team. The new v3 chip will search for new SNPs on the Y-Chromosome."

Probably nowhere near a WTY, but may offer us something (y)

It would be nice indeed to have a list of some of the interesting SNP's that were added to the new chip, and know how many new SNP's were added to the Y chromosome and mtDNA. If they wanted to kill off FTDNA they could have added the full mtDNA sequence.

I assume they do the full mtDNA sequence. I know some have been given H1c3 like me. This is only possible with a full test!

H1c3 - Confirmed with 8473C

"If they wanted to kill off FTDNA they could have added the full mtDNA sequence."

I am sure that v2 did not test the full mtDNA sequence. They test most of the defining mutations for the commonest haplogroups and subclades (even very deep clades), but that still leaves room for possible personal mutations.

I am sorry, I did not know this :ashamed2:

@Maciamo

"I am sure that v2 did not test the full mtDNA sequence. They test most of the defining mutations for the commonest haplogroups and subclades (even very deep clades), but that still leaves room for possible personal mutations."

The new regular price at 23andme is now 200$.

Hi,

23andme again started sale at now you again you can buy kit at $99 only. Don't know about the expiry date.

Thanks

Hi,

23andme again started sale at now you again you can buy kit at $99 only. Don't know about the expiry date.

Thanks

It's not a sale. The price of the 23andMe test has been lowered to 99$ for over 6 months now.

That's right, now if they have sale we can expect price to be around 50 bucks. I think that in few years test will be free and one only will pay for shipping. They will make money on membership and their tools/database to analyze people DNA.

This thread has been viewed 19082 times.

Back