Politics Best team ever assembled

hangman

Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Irish
Is this the greatest team ever assembled? DREAM TEAM Olympic Games '92 The team dominated headlines as well as the competition. Everywhere they went, the media followed. And the animated, trash-talking practices were sometimes bigger news than the games. In their first Olympic game together, the Dream Team trounced Angola 116-48 and never looked back, going 8-0 en route to the gold. Opponents didn't have a chance, but they didn't care. One player, while trying to guard Magic Johnson, was seen frantically waving to a camera-wielding teammate on the bench, signaling to make sure he got a picture of them together. They were the only undefeated team in the tournament, averaging an Olympic record of 117.3 points a game. They won their games by an average of 43.8 points and the closest any opponent could come was 32 points against Croatia in the gold medal final. The games really were not that exciting as none of them were even in close contention. If memory servers me correctly there was one game that was close for a few minutes. Many consider it the greatest team ever assembled, in any sport. Yet even that description fails to give it proper credit for its impact. The 1992 Olympic run by the Dream Team will always have a special place in Olympic history. As USA coach Chuck Daly said, "You will see a team of professionals in the Olympics again, but I don't think you'll see another team quite like this. This was a majestic team." No words could be truer, as the USA has not been able to repeat the true dominance in any Olympic games since. What do ya think? Best regards.

Is this the greatest team ever assembled? DREAM TEAM Olympic Games '92 The team dominated headlines as well as the competition. Everywhere they went, the media followed. And the animated, trash-talking practices were sometimes bigger news than the games. In their first Olympic game together, the Dream Team trounced Angola 116-48 and never looked back, going 8-0 en route to the gold. Opponents didn't have a chance, but they didn't care. One player, while trying to guard Magic Johnson, was seen frantically waving to a camera-wielding teammate on the bench, signaling to make sure he got a picture of them together. They were the only undefeated team in the tournament, averaging an Olympic record of 117.3 points a game. They won their games by an average of 43.8 points and the closest any opponent could come was 32 points against Croatia in the gold medal final. The games really were not that exciting as none of them were even in close contention. If memory servers me correctly there was one game that was close for a few minutes. Many consider it the greatest team ever assembled, in any sport. Yet even that description fails to give it proper credit for its impact. The 1992 Olympic run by the Dream Team will always have a special place in Olympic history. As USA coach Chuck Daly said, "You will see a team of professionals in the Olympics again, but I don't think you'll see another team quite like this. This was a majestic team." No words could be truer, as the USA has not been able to repeat the true dominance in any Olympic games since. What do ya think? Best regards.

This thread has no purpose in this Forum whatsoever. I will occasionaly mention the US when it at least can indirectly apply to a topic here, but this has nothing to do with anything that is discussed here.

This thread has no purpose in this Forum whatsoever. I will occasionaly mention the US when it at least can indirectly apply to a topic here, but this has nothing to do with anything that is discussed here.

Totally agree.

This thread has been viewed 6227 times.

Back