Neander

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Albanian - Dinaric
Y-DNA haplogroup
Pre-Adam
mtDNA haplogroup
Pre-Eva
It seems that Italics, Greeks, Thracians, and Illyrians use the variant M, and North IE use B (jabluka) P(apple) or F (afal).

So, qouthern IE are pelasgians (Ev13 and J2b), and northern IE are Celto-Skythian (R1b and R1a), I say it in general terms.

blank_map_of_europe_(use_this_one).jpg

It seems that Italics, Greeks, Thracians, and Illyrians use the variant M, and North IE use B (jabluka) P(apple) or F (afal).

So, qouthern IE are pelasgians (Ev13 and J2b), and northern IE are Celto-Skythian (R1b and R1a), I say it in general terms.

View attachment 4641

In a nutshell, you cannot assume an underlying branching feature in the language families based on just one word. Also, cognates verymuch exist in the other languages, they just don't have the same meaning. For example, there's cognates for Latin "mela" and Greek "melo" in the Celtic languages: Gaulish "meliđđus", Irish "milis" and Welsh "melys", all which have the meaning "sweet".

The rest about 'Pelasgians' and 'Celto-Scythians' is just fantasy. Sorry to say that.

For example, there's cognates for Latin "mela" and Greek "melo" in the Celtic languages: Gaulish "meliđđus", Irish "milis" and Welsh "melys", all which have the meaning "sweet".
That means sweet but not "Apple". In albanian "Mjalta" means Honey (just for example).

But there are other similarities between "Pelasgians".

I brought one word, and wait for other words from you.

That means sweet but not "Apple". In albanian "Mjalta" means Honey (just for example).

But there are other similarities between "Pelasgians".

I brought one word, and wait for other words from you.

Yeah, but meanings of words can effortlessly change. As another example, the German word "Knecht" (servant) is a cognate with the English word "Knight". Sorry to dismiss your idea, but linguistics just don't work like that.

I have found other correspondences, but I dont remember now.

In a nutshell, you cannot assume an underlying branching feature in the language families based on just one word. Also, cognates verymuch exist in the other languages, they just don't have the same meaning. For example, there's cognates for Latin "mela" and Greek "melo" in the Celtic languages: Gaulish "meliđđus", Irish "milis" and Welsh "melys", all which have the meaning "sweet".

The rest about 'Pelasgians' and 'Celto-Scythians' is just fantasy. Sorry to say that.

Not to be a wise guy, but they first specifically referred to honey. They may have come to mean all things sweet later.

In some of the Slavic tongues, bears are 'honey eaters", using a cognate of the same word - probably a result of an old taboo that prohibited mentioned the name of the animal directly.

Not to be a wise guy, but they first specifically referred to honey. They may have come to mean all things sweet later.

In some of the Slavic tongues, bears are 'honey eaters", using a cognate of the same word - probably a result of an old taboo that prohibited mentioned the name of the animal directly.

No, that's cool! Thanks for pointing it out! :grin:

But yeah, the key issue is that the meaning of words can change, but cognates continue to exist inside language, although with changed meanings.

Yes, it is Medved = Bear,

Med - honey
ved - related to "jedi", (eating)

We can continue discussion, ti will be interesting.

In albanian are a lot of word, cognate to english, with m, f.ex. Meal = miell, the same meaning

No, that's cool! Thanks for pointing it out! :grin:

But yeah, the key issue is that the meaning of words can change, but cognates continue to exist inside language, although with changed meanings.

We need more of these post/threads. The persistence of certain words through the ages and migrations is mind-boggling.

Yes, it is Medved = Bear,

Med - honey
ved - related to "jedi", (eating)

We can continue discussion, ti will be interesting.

In albanian are a lot of word, cognate to english, with m, f.ex. Meal = miell, the same meaning

Thank you Neander, I could not remember the word itself.

Medved, I think ved means knowlage, as per veda in sanskrit (polish - wiedza).
In Slavic Viedma means Witch/homeopathic, ved -smart, ma-women/mama (polish - wiedzma)
So Medved might mean, the one who knows where the honey is. With their great sense of smell they can find honey much easier/faster than people.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 8773 times.

Back