Greatest Swiss contribution(s) to the world ?

What is/are the greatest Swiss contribution(s) to the world?

• Swiss cheese and fondue

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Swiss chocolate (incl. the world's first chocolate bar, white chocolate and hazelnut chocolate)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Nestlé products (Nescafé, Nespresso, Nestea, Nesquick, baby foods, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swiss clocks and watches (including the first analogous quartz wristwatch)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Assorted inventions (Swiss army knife, Velcro, electric toothbrush, etc.)

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • The Red Cross

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Private banking (UBS, Pictet, Julius Bär, etc.)

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
This thread has for aim to establish a list of what global modern society owe to Switzerland and Swiss people ?

The most obvious to me are Swiss cheese (including fondue), chocolate (including the invention of the chocolate bar), Swiss watches (including the first analogous quartz wristwatch), private banking, Nescafé and other Nestlé products, the Swiss pharmaceutical industry (Roche, Novartis), the Red Cross, the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), and minor assorted inventions (Swiss army knife, Velcro, electric toothbrush, etc.).

I am waiting for other suggestions.