was Spanish culture more influenced by Arab or Celtic civilization ?

spongetaro

Elite member
Reaction score
Muslim Spain was in the early middle ages the most civilized country in Europe and therefore ne of the most influential. On the other hand, Celtic culture of Spain remains largely a mystery today

muslim_spain.gif
attachment.php

The answer is 100% celts, they left an enormous cultural and genetic impact on Spain, much more so than any Arabs.

Celtic culture isn't a mystery in spain. Most of "pagana" culture is celt, as the folk music in many regions.

In the other hand, culturally we have Arabic contributions. Not genetically.

The Moors (Berbers) were Haplogroup E not J1 (Arabs).

The Moors (Berbers) were Haplogroup E not J1 (Arabs).

The berber weren't the culture carriers, they only fought at kalifas's service. The elites cames from Damasco and middle east

There was a young Canadian engineer working at our office. He was of Spanish descent who told me he was a Berber. At that time I didn't know a Berber was.

There was a young Canadian engineer working at our office. He was of Spanish descent who told me he was a Berber. At that time I didn't know a Berber was.

I think that is not relevant. Most of Moroccan people haven't understood arabic "topónimos" (place names) around Iberia, Cause is different language. Indeed berbers became muslims at the time of Iberian conquest. They were as free as the celts. And Europeans in origin.

Maybe he could be a son of immigrants from the city of Melilla and Ceuta. It is impossible, no current Spanish, and before the immigration we have now, I could say I am Berber, would be just as impossible as if to say: I am a Roman, or am Visigoths.

Honestly I'm perplexed. The Muslim era we live the present as if we spoke Spanish from Roman or any other historical passage, history pure, no vestige nor oral tradition, or feeling of closeness or familiarity with the Muslim era.

Yes it may be true that some children today progressive potato with lots of money suddenly I was able to build a house for Arabic style and fantasize believing descendants of the Arab kings of Granada, but nothing more.

He might be a Berber before the Muslim era as he is Christian. He doesn't look Muslim but very European but a little dark complexioned.

He might be a Berber before the Muslim era as he is Christian. He doesn't look Muslim but very European but a little dark complexioned.

If done genetic testing today and the result feels Berber and Berber, is your problem. But no current Spanish says: I am Berber, is impossible.

It can also be a child of a mixed marriage of Moroccan Spanish.

Obviously haplogroup tells of a very remote ancestor, but that does not make Berber, Egyptian or Viking and the overnight.

I should have asked questions of why he said it was Berber. Because what you are saying is equivalent to Spanish to say: I am a Roman, Visigoth am, I'm Umayyad, etc. is something that makes no sense.

Note that after the Muslim era Spain conclude their unity, discovery of America all that entails, after Napoleon's invasion, the Spanish civil war, dictatorship and democracy after. For us to speak of the Muslim era is like talking to Roman times, is something we read in the history books, so do not give me a tales Spanish told him it was Berber. : Smile:

The Berbers where not European in origin, in any way. They roamed the North African Sahara desert far to the west of the Nile valley. Most Berbers live in Algeria, Tunisia and morocco. The predominant Berber genetic marker is haplogroup E-M81, found in Algeria, morocco, and Tunisia, not to mention certain parts of Mauritania and Spain/Portugal ( at much lower frequencies in the latter two regions). Most of the haplogroup E in Spain/Portugal is E-M81+, meaning that there is, to a certain degree, Berber influence/west North African influence on the Iberian peninsula. But this influence is totally crushed/subdued by the massive Celtic R1b influence that was already in Iberia looooooong before these later and less successful north-African origin migrations to Iberia.

The Berbers where not European in origin, in any way. They roamed the North African Sahara desert far to the west of the Nile valley. Most Berbers live in Algeria, Tunisia and morocco. The predominant Berber genetic marker is haplogroup E-M81, found in Algeria, morocco, and Tunisia, not to mention certain parts of Mauritania and Spain/Portugal ( at much lower frequencies in the latter two regions). Most of the haplogroup E in Spain/Portugal is E-M81+, meaning that there is, to a certain degree, Berber influence/west North African influence on the Iberian peninsula. But this influence is totally crushed/subdued by the massive Celtic R1b influence that was already in Iberia looooooong before these later and less successful north-African origin migrations to Iberia.

That's not the point, we are not playing to see who is more pure, because nobody is. The point is that there may be Spanish to be M81, never genetic testing and will never know, but Spain before the current immigration is not a country like Canada or USA where there are forty thousand cultures and races and know first hand its origins because it is a relatively young country. But it is impossible for a modern Spanish fathers, mothers, grandparents Spanish with Spanish surnames all say: I am Berber, is totally surreal. Abroad really hallucinate our Muslim era, but as I have said to us is to speak of the Roman Empire in the peninsula, History and nobody thinks that a Spanish have been told I am Roman time of Caligula.

What exactly are you implying by more "pure"? And I didn't say that these E-M81 spaniards are Berbers....I said maybe a few thousand years ago, these men's ancestors where roaming western north-Africa, as the Berbers ( also high in E-M81) still do today. An E-M81 spaniards ancestor, several thousand years ago, probably was from North Africa in the morocco/Algeria area, as most spaniards are E-M81 and not E-M78.

In every country there are different haplogroups. Exclusivity in Europe do not have the INDO-European, can also be AFRO-European. And that minorities do not affect the majority and these absorb, I think not, there are influences, are these studies, we have many for hundreds Europeans with extra-European origin, Gedrosia, north africa, northern europe, mediterranean, etc. I mean we are a mix and nothing would be the same without the various components, it would be something else, absorb dissolved sounds like an acid that dissolves and not, rather, contributes to the creation of peoples. Spanish will M81, especially in Galicia, but these forums do not fall, dare not, why?, Do not know. Nor is there any French M81 by this board, what happens, you know?

I agree with almost everything Carlos said. Except one point. Berber is a living culture and Ethnic group today, so it is possible to be spanish and berber. Indeed many linguistics links ber ber to iber (Ebro river[ from Cantabria to Catalonia)

In the other hand, there are paints from roman empire times which shows berber as caucasic peoples with red hair.

If we are talking about the Spanish that are M81 DNA and to be ignored because they never make the test and statistics should know because these people are culturally and genetically Berbers if they have thousands or hundreds of years in Spain not be accurate guess the Berbers present or the past. They M81 marker but there is more, as would happen to a Moroccan R1b eg it does not think it's going around saying that it is British or iberic

If we are talking about the Spanish that are M81 DNA and to be ignored because they never make the test and statistics should know because these people are culturally and genetically Berbers if they have thousands or hundreds of years in Spain not be accurate guess the Berbers present or the past. They M81 marker but there is more, as would happen to a Moroccan R1b eg it does not think it's going around saying that it is British or iberic

I do not understand what you mean.

the berbers/moors where not the darkskinned north-african you think of people today. They where the same skinned people as the rest of southern iberia.
The genetic component is the same.

Post #1 is very accurate except for the raetic part. The term and lands of iberia is correct

BTW, post1 IMO represents late bronze age period

to zanipolo

Each country has its own blends, two countries will not be equal. Spain is super smooth from north to south, you can gather a group of Spanish and Spanish or ourselves as we could tell what region or province is everyone.

Yes, in northern Morocco are pretty clear skin, perhaps in other areas too, some men perhaps for his work abroad are more tanned. But in Morocco from people with very dark skin that does not tan that is very difficult to find a native Spanish either north or south, except Roma.

With this I am not making a clear skin defense, God help me, is simply an analysis of my experience and vision.

We now have a large immigration of Berbers in Spain and honestly we are different, each country has its own style and that's wonderful, not a criticism.

Are you really committed to the skin. How are we going to be the same as other countries Spanish? no man, the Spanish are Spanish, from Spain, one of the most important nations in the history of humanity, like his country, I do not play it down, imagine also have an origin and an incredible history and will be very dark-skinned people I imagine that some will still ...

Moroccans are as North African as it gets, 80% of Moroccan males are haplogroup E, most of it being E-M81. They're darker, not light as you say. Also you claim that spaniards are "smooth", from one side to the other. Now I don't know if you're referring to their skin after they apply lotion but I have troubles trying to comprehend what that even means. Also you state that each country has its own unique genetic blends, and that is correct, although you mustn't forget that certain countries/regions have much more similar blends than others to one another, while others do not.

This thread has been viewed 26941 times.

Back