DejaVu
09-07-11, 01:41
Clip of Alexander III Macedon "the Great" Statue in Skopje - Made in Italy

Alessandro Magno - il colosso di Skopje
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xziYWFI5nos

Skopje - Guerriero a cavallo - Alexander - Mania - Macedonia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBkMLoTpsDM

Alexander the Great Quotes:

A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient.
Alexander the Great

Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor earth two masters.
Alexander the Great

How great are the dangers I face to win a good name in Athens.
Alexander the Great

I am dying from the treatment of too many physicians.
Alexander the Great

I am dying with the help of too many physicians.
Alexander the Great

I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.
Alexander the Great

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
Alexander the Great

I had rather excel others in the knowledge of what is excellent, than in the extent of my power and dominion.
Alexander the Great

I would rather excel others in the knowledge of what is excellent than in the extent of my powers and dominion.
Alexander the Great

Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.
Alexander the Great

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.
Alexander the Great

Elias2
09-07-11, 05:59
More Alexander quotes;

"For I (Alexander I) myself am by ancient descent a Greek, and I would not willingly see Hellas change her freedom for slavery." (Herod. IX, 45, 2 [Loeb])

"Tell your king (Xerxes), who sent you, how his Greek viceroy (Alexander I) of Macedonia has received you hospitably." (Herod. V, 20, 4 [Loeb])

"Now, that these descendants of Perdiccas are Greeks, as they themselves say, I myself chance to know." (Herod. V, 22, 1 [Loeb])

The country by the sea which is now called Macedonia... Alexander, the father of Perdiccas, and his forefathers, who were originally Temenidae from Argos"
(Thucydides 99,3 (Loeb, C F Smith)

"But Alexander (I), proving himself to be an Argive, was judged to be a Greek;
so he contended in the furlong race and ran a dead heat for first place."
(Herod. V, 22, 2)

The speech of Alexander I, when he was admitted to the Olympic games "Men of Athens...
Had I not greatly at heart the common welfare of Hellas I should not have come to tell you; but I am myself Hellene by descent, and I would not willingly see Hellas exchange freedom for slavery....
If you prosper in this war, forget not to do something for my freedom; consider the risk I have run, out of zeal for the Hellenic cause, to acquaint you with what Mardonius intends, and to save you from being surprised by the barbarians.
I am Alexander of Macedon."
(Herodotus, The Histories, 9.45)

For a more interesting quote, here is a line from Homer's "The Iliad"

"The Glorious son of Pelegon Said:
'Great-hearted Achilles, why do you ask after my family? come from distant, fertile Paeonia, which I left for Ilium eleven days ago at the head of my long-speared Paeonian troops. I am descended from broad-flowing River Axius, Axius, source of the loveliest water in the land. Axius was the father of the famous spearman Pelegon and I, they say, am Pelegon's son. But enough now, glorious Achilles! let us fight'"

The River Axius is known in Slavic as the Vardar River.

Vallicanus
09-07-11, 09:28
This statue is clear anti-Greek provocation.

Alexander was Macedonian Greek not a Macedonian Slav.

DejaVu
09-07-11, 23:16

How can it be provocation if the people are Macedonians and even if not so who cares in what country a statue is? If the same statue was in Serbia, Albania or Bulgaria who cares? No one only paranoid Greeks who think and yes think they are Macedonians but actually are nothing more then christian Turks (Assyrians, Kurds, Syrians, Armenians) and Sub-saharans or whatever they where before they came and become Greek (New identity). Instead come and see the statue and leave the fake conflict that is made up by fake Macedonians = Modern Greeks. There is no Greek or Slav Macedonians only original Macedonians = ethnic Macedonians.

iapetoc
09-07-11, 23:35
How can it be provocation if the people are Macedonians and even if not so who cares in what country a statue is? If the same statue was in Serbia, Albania or Bulgaria who cares? No one only paranoid Greeks who think and yes think they are Macedonians but actually are nothing more then christian Turks (Assyrians, Kurds, Syrians, Armenians) and Sub-saharans or whatever they where before they came and become Greek (New identity). Instead come and see the statue and leave the fake conflict that is made up by fake Macedonians = Modern Greeks. There is no Greek or Slav Macedonians only original Macedonians = ethnic Macedonians.

comment
I quess Alexander was sub-saharan assyrian kurd Armenian Turk

probably my village were still speak makedonian, an ancient makedonian city Balla we were that also,

it might be an insult cause for some of them you call modern greeks, their fathers were in Alexanders army, or in epigonus apogonous army
also a question
so if they are modern greeks, and you ? you are an ancient greek?

Reinaert
10-07-11, 19:16
Alexander was a brutal murderer!
A war criminal!
A plunderer, a thief!
Period!

It's idiotic in this time to ever think of granting this war monger a statue!
Fascism seems to rule former Yougoslavia. :useless:

Philip, Alexanders father, started to rob the silver out of modern day Bulgaria, and he used the silver to pay his troops AND bribe some kingdoms in modern Turkey.

So, Philip could conquer Greece, because he bought peace with the regions in the east.

Alexander remembered the treasure his father had payed, and went for it to get the silver back.
Silver stolen from Thracia.

So, Alexander was a looter, just the same as Julius Ceasar!

You want proof?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/Briganti/Coins/head1.jpg

I made this photograph myself.
Silver coin found in the vicinity of Ankara Turkey.

DejaVu
10-07-11, 20:49
What did the Dutch do in south Africa? How many did they kill and how much was plundered? Same as all other conquests by their rulers.
Agree with you about no need of statue from him or any other but same should be in any country then, not only different political view for some because it suits people.

iapetoc
10-07-11, 21:27
the case of Alexander is strange.

Skopje did well done and honour him,
but skopje are in mania symptom with Argeiads, for inner consumption

Alexander belongs to the one that some can name them warlord and other enlighted,
we a butcher face many times, a good ruler many times, a civilization boost many times,
even at india we see a man believes in a kind of Democracy, and discuse with his soldier, but we also see the 'loosing the holy meter' a turn to satrapism that day,

he destroy Tyros etc
but he build many alexandreias,
a story tells about zoroastrian religion that leave dead to voltures in top mountains,
in kalas we found the same habit only we found coffins by wood and dead are covered by rocks and sand in the coffin,
In India even today there is a cast that eats the dead at night,
we know that he knew and teach them not to do,
Alexander was not Greed and we know that he was giving much gold to his troops Greek or foreign,
Alexander was not a fortune Hunter, but a dream hunter,
If Alexander was trully a butcher then he slain all, even Darius family.
there are myths that he did not die in Babylon, but he divided his kingdom and he took non greeks and went to china,
names like Yunan and Naxii, the thibet symbols. and Makedonian coins found in china could be part of another epic writting,
all these part of myth, but I don't believe he leave his kids of the 2 wifes to be slain while he explored the world,

Reinaert
11-07-11, 20:15
What did the Dutch do in south Africa? How many did they kill and how much was plundered? Same as all other conquests by their rulers.
Agree with you about no need of statue from him or any other but same should be in any country then, not only different political view for some because it suits people.

You don't know nothing about the Dutch in South Africa!!!
When the Dutch colonized the city of Cape Town, no living soul was living there!
The Zulu's came from Central Africa and moved to the south. The Zulu's and the Dutch both were farmers (Boers), and they both lived and worked peacefully when they met each other.
It only became a problem when the British entered the scene.
The Brits were after the gold, diamonds and other stuff they could steal from the region.

The British started their racist regime, and blamed the Dutch, as ever!

BTW.. The British got kicked their ass many times by both the Dutch Boers, and the Zulu's.

Another BTW...
Stay on topic!
The remark you made has nothing to do with the topic about Alexander.
And anyway, the Scandinavians shouldn't talk about other peoples behavior anyway!
The Vikings were the greatest bastards in European history whatsoever!

They caused the militarization of the European continent, that in the end caused the Crusader Wars.
So, just shut up!

Elias2
12-07-11, 05:10
I think Dejavu is ignoring iapetoc and I because we quite easily defeat this notion of "macedonians" that the communists invented for this small piece of land called Vardar Banovina.

Build as many statues as you want, it means little my Bulgarian friend, Goste Delchev would be laughing at this statue and others like it if he were alive.

LeBrok
12-07-11, 06:20
When the Dutch colonized the city of Cape Town, no living soul was living there!
!

Please someone invent logic quickly, I can't understand this!

There was a city Cape Town without people and Dutch came colonizing this city without people.:shocked: :confused2: Only Dutch could have done this, right Reinaert?

Mzungu mchagga
12-07-11, 08:56
1. Before the Dutch came there, the region around Cape Town was inhabited by Hottentots and Khapoid bushmen. But as for Europeans at this time they were considered as animals, Reinhaert is right, there were no people...

2. Bantu people entered later the region of what is now North and Eastern South Africa. When the British fought war against the Boers, they pushed them into the regions of Transvaal and Oranje, where they massacred and slaughtered the Zulu. But as it were the British who pushed them, blame it on the British! Simple as that! :useless:

Reinaert
12-07-11, 19:01
BS Mzungu

Cape Town was only a trading post, and a point to get water and fresh fruit and vegetables.
The only purpose of Cape Town (Kaapstad) was to supply the ships of the Dutch merchant navy.
The Dutch didn't have a greed for land as the British did.
The Dutch didn't even have enough people to take South Africa, dammit!

There were no people living there when the Dutch started there.
But in time, maybe some tribes got interested in living and trading in the vicinity of Cape Town.

And excuse me Sir! There were never ever wars between the Boers and the Zulu!

The British got their asses kicked by the Zulu in some battles however!

Why does a German support the British propaganda?

Don't mix up history!

Mzungu mchagga
12-07-11, 19:21
The area of Cape Town WAS inhabited by bushmen:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Cape_Town

The Dutch didn't come all alone, they also brought protestant French and German settlers with them, who weren't much better! All together these three formed the Boers. And they fought war against Zulus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Trek

Don't mix up history!

Reinaert
13-07-11, 18:04
The area of Cape Town WAS inhabited by bushmen:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Cape_Town

The Dutch didn't come all alone, they also brought protestant French and German settlers with them, who weren't much better! All together these three formed the Boers. And they fought war against Zulus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Trek

Don't mix up history!

Haha.. Read well what you quote!

It's the other way around!

And of course the British had interests in a war between the Boers and the Zulu.
They manipulate local tribes if they get a chance!

The Boers and Zulu both were farmers, and wanted to live in peace.
What you quote is about a tribe that was looking for trouble, and started aggression.

Mzungu mchagga
13-07-11, 19:18
Haha.. Read well what you quote!

It's the other way around!
What? That Cape Town was inhabited by native Dutch, until Bushmen arrived with ships?

And of course the British had interests in a war between the Boers and the Zulu.
They manipulate local tribes if they get a chance!

The Boers and Zulu both were farmers, and wanted to live in peace.
What you quote is about a tribe that was looking for trouble, and started aggression.

Wasn't it so that capitalist Boers entered lands which actually belonged to communalist Zulus who were fostered to sign a treaty they couldn't understand? Both language and content? What about the Apartheit system? Is it an English term introduced by the British?

You're just repeating the same propaganda which is distributed by racist white South Africans [e.g. South Africa was uninhabited as the Dutch arrived, didn't want to take land of anyone etc...]

Haha! Everybody in this forum knows that you're a racist and capitalist fascist who is working for the CIA!!!! :laughing:

Canek
13-07-11, 19:35
The Zulu's came from Central Africa and moved to the south. The Zulu's and the Dutch both were farmers (Boers), and they both lived and worked peacefully when they met each other.
It only became a problem when the British entered the scene.
The Brits were after the gold, diamonds and other stuff they could steal from the region.

The British started their racist regime, and blamed the Dutch, as ever!

BTW.. The British got kicked their ass many times by both the Dutch Boers, and the Zulu's.

Another BTW...
Stay on topic!
The remark you made has nothing to do with the topic about Alexander.
And anyway, the Scandinavians shouldn't talk about other peoples behavior anyway!
The Vikings were the greatest bastards in European history whatsoever!

They caused the militarization of the European continent, that in the end caused the Crusader Wars.
So, just shut up!

I see that iberians are not the only europeans who try to hide their past atrocities during the "imperial times". No wonder Geert Wilders has so much support in his country.

Knovas
13-07-11, 21:14
Excuse him, he is brain damaged. Impossible to overcome the past, psychiatric treatment is required.

Canek
14-07-11, 14:09
First you bully my friend Ferreiro, and now you're going to bully me?

Learn to respect different opinions.

LeBrok
17-07-11, 08:40

Why Greeks can't share a hero. Can't Alexander the Great be a hero of two nations? I think Alexander would be ecstatic himself!
What if Egyptians would erect a statue of Alexander in Alexandria? You would take it as provocation too?
I think Alexander the Great would love to have his statues all over the middle east and Balkans. Would you still go against a wish and ambitions of Alexander?

Why Alexander can't be a key stone, a stepping stone for a friendship of two or more nations. You would have a chance to build a future with your neighbors. You would find something that binds the nations together and work together. It would be easier to make friends and not enemies. Use it as a building block, make friends.

I'm polish, and I don't mind sharing Copernicus with Germans. He was a Polish citizen, had German mother and Polish father. He was raised by German uncle, and wrote scientific papers in Latin and German, but not in Polish.
Surely, the nationalistic part of me would love to declare him only polish as he was a polish citizen, but I know that the best benefits for Germans and Polish people will be if we share him together in name of good neighborly relationship. And why not? What harm will come from it?
I'm sharing my greatest hero, how about you?

Elias2
18-07-11, 05:01
Why Greeks can't share a hero. Can't Alexander the Great be a hero of two nations? I think Alexander would be ecstatic himself!
What if Egyptians would erect a statue of Alexander in Alexandria? You would take it as provocation too?
I think Alexander the Great would love to have his statues all over the middle east and Balkans. Would you still go against a wish and ambitions of Alexander?

Why Alexander can't be a key stone, a stepping stone for a friendship of two or more nations. You would have a chance to build a future with your neighbors. You would find something that binds the nations together and work together. It would be easier to make friends and not enemies. Use it as a building block, make friends.

I'm polish, and I don't mind sharing Copernicus with Germans. He was a Polish citizen, had German mother and Polish father. He was raised by German uncle, and wrote scientific papers in Latin and German, but not in Polish.
Surely, the nationalistic part of me would love to declare him only polish as he was a polish citizen, but I know that the best benefits for Germans and Polish people will be if we share him together in name of good neighborly relationship. And why not? What harm will come from it?
I'm sharing my greatest hero, how about you?

This is not at all what it is about, if it was just about this it wouldn't have been going on 20 years. This is about Bulgaria losing the second balkan war, to sum it up. I don't want to go over it all again becase we spent to much wasted time on this subject already.

edit - this wikipedia page sums up the background to this "macedonian question" quite nicely, if you are still confused about the issue take the time to read it;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_history_of_Macedonia

albanopolis
05-04-13, 06:52

Alexander was Macedonian Greek not a Macedonian Slav. Alex the Great was a Macedonian not a hellinas. Greek is a modern term. Had he been an Hellinas the matter was settled long a go. But he was not hellinas. Ancient greek writters said that. A number of English and German historians who wrote about Alex claim that Alex's mother Olimpia and grandmother Eurudice were Illyrian stock. I have read myself their books. There are a number of them. We Albanians cliam Illyrian ancesrtry. Having said that it means that by blood he was 75% Illyrian. Its recorded in history books that when they were trying to kill him to take the throne he found refuge in Illyria where his uncles were. Culturally though he was hellinas. He was educated with hellinas philosophy and whatever Hellas had to offer. Don't forget he conquered Hellas. Had he been Hellinas why would need to conquer it? Macedonia ceased being Macedonia around 4 th centuary a.d. That means if in Alexander times he was speaking Macedonian as his mother tounge he also was speaking Hellinas as a mean of higher education. In the 4th centuary ancient Macedonia was completly Hellenised, the lost their laguage. So you either to my opinion have no right to claim Alex as hellinas when he was not. Albanians have claimed it because Alex of Emadhia had mother and grandmother Illyrian but I don't think he belongs to us, since he sided with Greek culture. Macedonian Slavs have no connection at all with him. Their effort to claim him is laughable. Albanians in Emadhia have made this position clear but since they are enjoying the present greek macedonian show, they are stayin quiet. It could be that a small portion of today's Macedonians have blood connection with ancient people of Macedonia, but so are the Greeks. The bottom line: Alexander was not hellinas. He was educated with greek culture ,and fought to spread greek culture and was fond of it. At this point greeks are right. Slac Macedonians have no right to claim him whatsoever. Greeks of present day Macedonia in greece are the desendants of Alexander, so they can claim him as their own, but not the greeks of Crete, Athens, peloponesus. They are the decendents of Alex as much as Nigerians are.

Anthro-inclined
05-04-13, 07:05
Alex the Great was a Macedonian not a hellinas. Greek is a modern term. Had he been an Hellinas the matter was settled long a go. But he was not hellinas. Ancient greek writters said that. A number of English and German historians who wrote about Alex claim that Alex's mother Olimpia and grandmother Eurudice were Illyrian stock. I have read myself their books. There are a number of them. We Albanians cliam Illyrian ancesrtry. Having said that it means that by blood he was 75% Illyrian. Its recorded in history books that when they were trying to kill him to take the throne he found refuge in Illyria where his uncles were. Culturally though he was hellinas. He was educated with hellinas philosophy and whatever Hellas had to offer. Don't forget he conquered Hellas. Had he been Hellinas why would need to conquer it? Macedonia ceased being Macedonia around 4 th centuary a.d. That means if in Alexander times he was speaking Macedonian as his mother tounge he also was speaking Hellinas as a mean of higher education. In the 4th centuary ancient Macedonia was completly Hellenised, the lost their laguage. So you either to my opinion have no right to claim Alex as hellinas when he was not. Albanians have claimed it because Alex of Emadhia had mother and grandmother Illyrian but I don't think he belongs to us, since he sided with Greek culture. Macedonian Slavs have no connection at all with him. Their effort to claim him is laughable. Albanians in Emadhia have made this position clear but since they are enjoying the present greek macedonian show, they are stayin quiet. It could be that a small portion of today's Macedonians have blood connection with ancient people of Macedonia, but so are the Greeks. The bottom line: Alexander was not hellinas. He was educated with greek culture ,and fought to spread greek culture and was fond of it. At this point greeks are right. Slac Macedonians have no right to claim him whatsoever. Greeks of present day Macedonia in greece are the desendants of Alexander, so they can claim him as their own, but not the greeks of Crete, Athens, peloponesus. They are the decendents of Alex as much as Nigerians are.
Can we stop with the propaganda, I dont know what we are trying to accomplish with this, what does it matter if Alexander was from Greece or where ever. Is anybody else tired of people going on about this, maybe its just me.
Arguing about Alexander is like a regional pastime for Balkans, and just arguing in general.

albanopolis
06-04-13, 00:48
Can we stop with the propaganda, I dont know what we are trying to accomplish with this, what does it matter if Alexander was from Greece or where ever. Is anybody else tired of people going on about this, maybe its just me.
Arguing about Alexander is like a regional pastime for Balkans, and just arguing in general.
You are right about it. It would not make any difference now where he was from. My tirade was to explain that Macedonian and Greek( hellen) in not equivalent. Macedonians are hellenized people. Greek historians wrote that. Thats the place where we read history. Albanians did not write any history so we rely in Greek or Roman sources. Alexander's statue in Skopje is funny. Pella is where that should be.

Anthro-inclined
06-04-13, 03:35
You are right about it. It would not make any difference now where he was from. My tirade was to explain that Macedonian and Greek( hellen) in not equivalent. Macedonians are hellenized people. Greek historians wrote that. Thats the place where we read history. Albanians did not write any history so we rely in Greek or Roman sources. Alexander's statue in Skopje is funny. Pella is where that should be.
Yes I agree with you, alexanders origin is in macedonia greece not FYROM. But if they want a statue in skopje, thats fine, they feel he is part of their history, and if that makes them content, then I say let them have it, it shouldnt really matter to us. None the less I feel that you are right in saying that the statue should be in pella.

albanopolis
06-04-13, 03:59
[QUOTE=Anthro-inclined;405892]Yes I agree with you, alexanders origin is in macedonia greece not FYROM. But if they want a statue in skopje, thats fine, they feel he is part of their history, and if that makes them content, then I say let them have it, it shouldnt really matter to us. None the less I feel that you are right in saying that the statue should be in pella.[/QUO Its not that they love Alexander and his Empire. They want to create a national identity which they lack.( Actually they are a mixture of Bullgarians and serbs). But Alexander will not make the trick to give them the identity. 30 % of macedonia's population is Albanian and another 20% Gypsy, Turkish, Torbeshi and many more. So for half of the population Alexander is an intruder not a hero. Anyway their bussines. But I am amazed with their courage in the age of internet.

albanopolis
06-04-13, 04:01
Yes I agree with you, alexanders origin is in macedonia greece not FYROM. But if they want a statue in skopje, thats fine, they feel he is part of their history, and if that makes them content, then I say let them have it, it shouldnt really matter to us. None the less I feel that you are right in saying that the statue should be in pella.
Its not that they love Alexander and his Empire. They want to create a national identity which they lack.( Actually they are a mixture of Bullgarians and serbs). But Alexander will not make the trick to give them the identity. 30 % of macedonia's population is Albanian and another 20% Gypsy, Turkish, Torbeshi and many more. So for half of the population Alexander is an intruder not a hero. Anyway their bussines. But I am amazed with their courage in the age of internet.

Athelti Albanoi
17-06-13, 13:08

everyone with a working brain knows that he was not slav
but to say someone is macodonian greek that is a contradicition itself
the greek nation was formed 200 years ago
the macdonians are pelasgian which means pre-hellenic so before the greeks ancesotrs the hellens
the macedonians are illyro-pelasgian same as their dardanian brothers

Athelti Albanoi
17-06-13, 13:16
http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/macedonia-and-greece-the-struggle-to-define-a-new-balkan-nation.jpg?w=426

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p269/NewKosova/books/alexanderthegreat/ThenationsofRussiaandTurkey1a.jpg

Athelti Albanoi
17-06-13, 13:23
to alexanders ethnicity:

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p269/NewKosova/books/alexanderthegreat/WomenWarriors1.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p269/NewKosova/books/alexanderthegreat/HellenicHistory.jpg

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/ancient-greece-a-political-social-and-cultural-history.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/the-journal-of-race-development.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/greekleaderslesliewhitehopkinson.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/albania-eyeofthevortex-lougiaffo.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/the-burden-of-the-balkans-by-mary-edith-durham.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/researches-in-the-highlands-of-turkey.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/alexander-the-great-the-meeting-of-east-and-west.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/albanian-myth-and-history.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/myths-and-realities-in-eastern-europe.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/black-lamb-and-grey-falcon-165.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/black-lamb-and-grey-falcon-1093.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/alexander-lewis-vance-cummings.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/the-incredible-balkans-part1.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/the-albanians-an-ethnic-history-from-prehistoric-part1.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/the-albanians-an-ethnic-history-from-prehistoric-times-to-the-present.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/alexander-the-greats-art-of-strategy.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/macedonia-the-politics-of-identity-and-difference.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/greek-horizons.jpg?w=426

taken from http://alexanderthegreat.wordpress.com/

Mijak
24-06-13, 14:50
Its not that they love Alexander and his Empire. They want to create a national identity which they lack.( Actually they are a mixture of Bullgarians and serbs). But Alexander will not make the trick to give them the identity. 30 % of macedonia's population is Albanian and another 20% Gypsy, Turkish, Torbeshi and many more. So for half of the population Alexander is an intruder not a hero. Anyway their bussines. But I am amazed with their courage in the age of internet.

You lack the knowledge on Macedonians and the demographics of the Republic of Macedonia. First of All: the Slavs of Macedonia are historically, genetically, linguistically and culturally Bulgarians by ethnicity. Prior to the 1940's, the majority of our intellectuals and revolutionaries considered themselves Bulgarians with a very strong regional identity (Macedonian). The comintern changed all this.

Demographically, Macedonia is predominately Macedonian with 64.2%, followed by Albanians who are 25.2%. Roma (gypsies) are only 2.7%.

Get your facts right.

albanopolis
24-06-13, 16:58
You lack the knowledge on Macedonians and the demographics of the Republic of Macedonia. First of All: the Slavs of Macedonia are historically, genetically, linguistically and culturally Bulgarians by ethnicity. Prior to the 1940's, the majority of our intellectuals and revolutionaries considered themselves Bulgarians with a very strong regional identity (Macedonian). The comintern changed all this.

Demographically, Macedonia is predominately Macedonian with 64.2%, followed by Albanians who are 25.2%. Roma (gypsies) are only 2.7%.

Get your facts right.

What about Turks, Serbs, Vlahs, Torbeshi?

Yetos
24-06-13, 21:28
bad handling

Yetos
24-06-13, 21:29
to alexanders ethnicity:

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p269/newkosova/books/alexanderthegreat/womenwarriors1.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p269/newkosova/books/alexanderthegreat/hellenichistory.jpg

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/ancient-greece-a-political-social-and-cultural-history.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/the-journal-of-race-development.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/greekleaderslesliewhitehopkinson.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/albania-eyeofthevortex-lougiaffo.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/the-burden-of-the-balkans-by-mary-edith-durham.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/researches-in-the-highlands-of-turkey.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/alexander-the-great-the-meeting-of-east-and-west.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/albanian-myth-and-history.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/myths-and-realities-in-eastern-europe.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/black-lamb-and-grey-falcon-165.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/black-lamb-and-grey-falcon-1093.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/alexander-lewis-vance-cummings.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/the-incredible-balkans-part1.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/the-albanians-an-ethnic-history-from-prehistoric-part1.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/the-albanians-an-ethnic-history-from-prehistoric-times-to-the-present.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/alexander-the-greats-art-of-strategy.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/macedonia-the-politics-of-identity-and-difference.jpg?w=426

http://alexanderthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/greek-horizons.jpg?w=426

taken from http://alexanderthegreat.wordpress.com/

albanian propaganda is boring,
search the word druid in all ie languages first.

Mijak
24-06-13, 22:45
What about Turks, Serbs, Vlahs, Torbeshi?

Well, Turks are like 3%, the others are each below 2%.

albanopolis
24-06-13, 22:57
Well, Turks are like 3%, the others are each below 2%.

Anyway, the topic was about Alexander's statue. Many, are confused if, that statue belong there. The historians say that Ancient Macedonians were an ethnic group related to Thracians and Illyrians. They were helenized fully at 4 centuary ad. So, culturaly at least they were Greeks. So Greeks at least have some grounds of claiming him. By blood though he was 3/4 Illyian. Why today Macedonians claim him?

Athelti Albanoi
29-06-13, 15:03
albanian propaganda is boring,
search the word druid in all ie languages first.
hahahahah none of the authors is albanian
go here see the authors: http://alexanderthegreat.wordpress.com/

reality is not propaganda
alexander was illyrian-macedonian

macedonians are older than hellens so its completly unlogical to call him greek

Yetos
29-06-13, 17:00
hahahahah none of the authors is albanian

macedonians are older than hellens so its completly unlogical to call him greek

Sorry, Makedonians are from he part of Γηραιοι, Δωριεις, the one that Homer named as Γραιοι Greii from Achileus and Hercules,
they share enough G2 Hg even today, and a good R1a expanded even to South Italy and Black sea.
the rest is just another boring propganada of yours,

GO TO YOUTUBE AND POST YOUR FANTASTIC STORIES.
THERE YOU WILL FIND FOLLOWERS.
HERE YOU JUST MAKE NOISE.

Athelti Albanoi
29-06-13, 20:33
Sorry, Makedonians are from he part of Γηραιοι, Δωριεις, the one that Homer named as Γραιοι Greii from Achileus and Hercules,
they share enough G2 Hg even today, and a good R1a expanded even to South Italy and Black sea.
the rest is just another boring propganada of yours,

GO TO YOUTUBE AND POST YOUR FANTASTIC STORIES.
THERE YOU WILL FIND FOLLOWERS.
HERE YOU JUST MAKE NOISE.

i can not read the greek script
and how the hack you wanne know the haplogroups of the ancient macedonians hahaha
this comes not from me the macedonians are a pelasgian tribe pre-hellenic which were considered as barbars by the new formed hellens

http://books.google.de/books?id=L6xBsaLlFyYC&pg=PA149&dq=macedonians+barbarians&hl=de&sa=X&ei=8SjPUcnaKYTaOJjzgagJ&ved=0CEAQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=macedonians%20barbarians&f=false

you are the only on complaining like a child this is a seriouse historical discussion so dont spam

Athelti Albanoi
29-06-13, 20:43

http://books.google.de/books?id=Zb5DAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Wadham+Peacock+-+Albania,+the+foundling+state+of+Europe&hl=de&sa=X&ei=oldLUaiIIo3Ksgaz5oCgDQ&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAA
Shqipetar is how the albanians call themself Shkypetar is an old form of Shqipetar

Yetos
30-06-13, 13:10
i can not read the greek script
and how the hack you wanne know the haplogroups of the ancient macedonians hahaha
this comes not from me the macedonians are a pelasgian tribe pre-hellenic which were considered as barbars by the new formed hellens

http://books.google.de/books?id=L6xBsaLlFyYC&pg=PA149&dq=macedonians+barbarians&hl=de&sa=X&ei=8SjPUcnaKYTaOJjzgagJ&ved=0CEAQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=macedonians%20barbarians&f=false

you are the only on complaining like a child this is a seriouse historical discussion so dont spam

How I know?

Maybe I am a carrier of that HG.
and both geographical and genetical show that.

albanopolis
30-06-13, 15:17
[QUOTE=Athelti Albanoi;411163]hahahahah none of the authors is albanian

macedonians are older than hellens so its completly unlogical to call him greek[/QUOTE

He uses interchangebly two concepts Greek and Hellen. Aleksander was not a Hellen, he was a Macedonin. Macedonians were a people related to Thracians and Illyrians. At the time of Alexander, hellenisation of Macedonia was in full force. The proces ended in the 4th centuary. It appears that Alexander was hellenised. The same way like Pirro Dhima today. An self hater Albanian that calls themself Greek. Pirro for greeks is always an Alvanos, for the Alvanos is a fake greek.

Yetos
30-06-13, 17:15
[QUOTE=Athelti Albanoi;411163]hahahahah none of the authors is albanian

macedonians are older than hellens so its completly unlogical to call him greek[/QUOTE

He uses interchangebly two concepts Greek and Hellen. Aleksander was not a Hellen, he was a Macedonin. Macedonians were a people related to Thracians and Illyrians. At the time of Alexander, hellenisation of Macedonia was in full force. The proces ended in the 4th centuary. It appears that Alexander was hellenised. The same way like Pirro Dhima today. An self hater Albanian that calls themself Greek. Pirro for greeks is always an Alvanos, for the Alvanos is a fake greek.

Boring,

Πυρρος and Πυρειος Νικη are terms wide common in Greek, and Πυρρος was King of Epirus who wanted to be Alexander of West and try unified Magna Grecia,
the rest is your imagination,

JamesWalker
27-08-13, 10:31
I am against what Scopje is doing - they should stop this conflict with Greece

Ike
27-08-13, 11:51
So, until we settle who were Illyrians (which BTW never existed by that name) there is no point of talking about Alexander.
Albanopolis claims they are todays Albanians. Do words Eurydica, Teuta or Agron mean something in Albanian?

FBS
27-08-13, 13:53
A lot of my friends from EU are ridiculing the installations that are going on in Skopje center. One of the names that they gave was "Macedonian Disneyland". A belated forced identity creation.

Garrick
16-09-13, 00:05

Get your facts right.

Macedonian researcher Dr Zlatko Jankovski found the following (quote):

"The analysis of the data has showed that residents of (FYR) Macedonia have the most similar DNA with Bulgarians and Serbs. "

http://www.balkans.com/open-news.php?uniquenumber=133236

I think, in one scientific study wrote that there are probability that Alexander the Great was E1b1b1a2 carrier.

I'm not sure if I can find it.

Sile
16-09-13, 01:05
Macedonian researcher Dr Zlatko Jankovski found the following (quote):

"The analysis of the data has showed that residents of (FYR) Macedonia have the most similar DNA with Bulgarians and Serbs. "

I think, in one scientific study wrote that there are probability that Alexander the Great was E1b1b1a2 carrier.

I'm not sure if I can find it.

IIRC, they found Alexanders fathers bones who was E1b1b1a2 , but this was shown not to be his father , Philip II

But ancient Macedonians - ( not the slavic ones now)
Genetic distances between populations (DA) between Macedonians and other populations (À10 2) obtained by using HLA-DRB1 allele frequencies (see Table 1 for populations
identification) HLA-DRB1 (DA)
__________________________________________________ ____________
Cretans 8.38
Italians 10.45
French 14.41
Sardinians 17.66
Spaniards 17.76
Moroccan Jews 17.78
Non-Ashkenazi Jews 17.83
Lebanese (KZ) 20.98
Ashkenazi Jews 21.87
Algerians (Algiers) 22.37
Lebanese (NS) 23.29
Greeks (Attica) 23.69
Moroccans 25.47
Berbers (Souss) 28.50
Spanish-Basques 30.50
Greeks (Cyprus) 33.28
Greeks (Aegean) 37.52
South African Negroids 38.22
Senegalese 41.76
Oromo 43.26
Amhara 51.74
Mossi 53.46
Rimaibe 55.95
San (Bushmen) 57.78
Fulani 61.01

Our results show that Macedonians are related to other Mediterraneans and do not show a close relationship with Greeks; however they do with Cretans (Tables 3, 4, Figs 1–3). This supports the theory that Macedonians are one of the most ancient peoples existing in the Balkan peninsula, probably long before arrival of the Mycaenian Greeks (10) about 2000 B.C. Other possible explanation is that they might have shared a genetic background with the Greeks before an hypothetical admixture between Greeks and sub-Saharas might have occurred. The cultural, historical and genetic identity of Macedonians is established according to our results. However, 19th century historians focused all the culture in Greece ignoring all the other Mediterranean cultures present in the area long before the classical Greek one (25). Greeks are genetically related to sub-Saharans
Much to our surprise, the reason why Greeks did not show a close relatedness with all the other Mediterraneans analyzed (Tables 5, 6 and Figs 1–3) was their genetic relationship with sub-Saharan ethnic groups now residing in Ethiopia, Sudan and West Africa (Burki-na-Fasso).

Garrick
16-09-13, 02:00
IIRC, they found Alexanders fathers bones who was E1b1b1a2 , but this was shown not to be his father , Philip II

Genetic distances between populations (DA) between Macedonians and other populations (À10 2) obtained by using HLA-DRB1 allele frequencies (see Table 1 for populations
identification) HLA-DRB1 (DA)
__________________________________________________ ____________
Cretans 8.38
Italians 10.45
French 14.41
Sardinians 17.66
Spaniards 17.76
Moroccan Jews 17.78
Non-Ashkenazi Jews 17.83
Lebanese (KZ) 20.98
Ashkenazi Jews 21.87
Algerians (Algiers) 22.37
Lebanese (NS) 23.29
Greeks (Attica) 23.69
Moroccans 25.47
Berbers (Souss) 28.50
Spanish-Basques 30.50
Greeks (Cyprus) 33.28
Greeks (Aegean) 37.52
South African Negroids 38.22
Senegalese 41.76
Oromo 43.26
Amhara 51.74
Mossi 53.46
Rimaibe 55.95
San (Bushmen) 57.78
Fulani 61.01

Our results show that Macedonians are related to other Mediterraneans and do not show a close relationship with Greeks; however they do with Cretans (Tables 3, 4, Figs 1–3). This supports the theory that Macedonians are one of the most ancient peoples existing in the Balkan peninsula, probably long before arrival of the Mycaenian Greeks (10) about 2000 B.C. Other possible explanation is that they might have shared a genetic background with the Greeks before an hypothetical admixture between Greeks and sub-Saharas might have occurred. The cultural, historical and genetic identity of Macedonians is established according to our results. However, 19th century historians focused all the culture in Greece ignoring all the other Mediterranean cultures present in the area long before the classical Greek one (25). Greeks are genetically related to sub-Saharans
Much to our surprise, the reason why Greeks did not show a close relatedness with all the other Mediterraneans analyzed (Tables 5, 6 and Figs 1–3) was their genetic relationship with sub-Saharan ethnic groups now residing in Ethiopia, Sudan and West Africa (Burki-na-Fasso).

It was another study. I will try to find it.

DejaVu
23-09-13, 21:45

But ancient Greeks - (not christian turks now) or Ancient Romans - (not north african mixed modern Italians now)?

Are you saying modern macedonians are not ancient macedonians but modern greeks are ancient greeks?

NOW YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHAT AND WHO THE SLAVS ARE
(Is it a language, people, DNA or an identity by themselves or given by others?)

Garrick
03-10-13, 00:32
But ancient Greeks - (not christian turks now) or Ancient Romans - (not north african mixed modern Italians now)?

Are you saying modern macedonians are not ancient macedonians but modern greeks are ancient greeks?

NOW YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHAT AND WHO THE SLAVS ARE
(Is it a language, people, DNA or an identity by themselves or given by others?)

South Slavs: Serbs, Bosniacs and Croats are "brothers by blood", same origin, Y-DNA, it is proved.

And Macedonians too, you can read what one Macedonian scientist writes:

Montenegrins too, but one less part of Montenegrins are different, because they are closer to Geg Albanians.

Geg Albanians are different from all other peoples in the Balkans, even from Tosk Albanians.

errantbit
03-10-13, 19:01
This statue is clear anti-Greek provocation. Alexander was Macedonian Greek not a Macedonian Slav.My thoughts exactly.Macedonian leaders should stick to solve their country's problems not promoting new ones.

Ike
03-10-13, 19:55
Empress Catherine's father was German prince, so can Germans harm Russia by building Catherine the Great monument in Berlin? If they like her, let 'em built it all over Austria and Germany. I don't think anyone in Russia would consider that as anti Russian.

In Alexander's case it's even more futile, since we have no clear evidence of his connection with todays Macedonians. There is no reason for Greeks to get frowned. They gave so much to the world , they can spare a name for one country and a monument.

InMotion
03-10-13, 23:34
I see people are getting very historical in here, I am just a type of person who enjoys the sights I see and try not to think very much back, sometimes it is good just admire something without thinking why. Like the statue by the wa.